aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Veteran
    Savings

Minako (L2)Lightning (L8)Ryūko (L8)
    Celty (L4)Tifa (L1)Aqua (L1)
    Ryoji (L2)Theodore (L2)Hope (L9)

Trouble downloading from MEGA

Site: mega.co.nz

This seems to be an issue with large files. I can usually managed fine with stuff in the 200 mbs range, but higher 1gb+ downloads refuse to work for me.

Like, there's one file I'm trying to download that's almost 1.5gb+, but it gets to just shy of the 50% mark and then not move. Sometimes the percentage actually DECREASES, wtf O_o

There's some Mozilla FireFox add-on someone created that's supposed to help, but it's not doing anything from what I'm experiencing.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/meganz/

Thoughts? Is there another add-on I should be using? A different browser? Admittedly I'm kind of dense with technical stuff, so I definitely appreciate dumb-down suggestions, I won't take offense xD
    Last edited by Mellusia; 07-22-2014 at 11:12 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

For a few months I was having problems with mega it would get to 99% and go no further. I stopped downloading from there for a while then after I tried it again it would stop after reaching 70%. When it did that I would pause the download and start it again it was a pain having to watch it constantly but now I don't have to watch it anymore.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    Hi.guys ...if you use firefox just down load the "mega" extension...believe it or not I only started using it last night ,,works great for me so far(btw seems also if your amount of downloads reach around the 1.5gb mark they get fussy too...this seems to work for me)

oh ..it does not seem to work on firefox 23... but it does work if downloaded from mozilla and you use piratebrowser from TPB

Edit : you can now get an extension for chrome ... https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ibnlghod?hl=en

that may or may-not solve your troubles...
    Last edited by lemur7; 07-22-2014 at 11:13 AM.

Yaoi Veteran
    Savings

Minako (L2)Lightning (L8)Ryūko (L8)
    Celty (L4)Tifa (L1)Aqua (L1)
    Ryoji (L2)Theodore (L2)Hope (L9)
    Quote Originally Posted by lemur7 View Post
    Hi.guys ...if you use firefox just down load the "mega" extension...believe it or not I only started using it last night ,,works great for me so far(btw seems also if your amount of downloads reach around the 1.5gb mark they get fussy too...this seems to work for me)

oh ..it does not seem to work on firefox 23... but it does work if downloaded from mozilla and you use piratebrowser from TPB

Edit : you can now get an extension for chrome ... https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ibnlghod?hl=en

that may or may-not solve your troubles...
    Well using chrome ended up working for me, so I guess I'll just use that for future Mega downloads or something, haha.

Thank you for shedding some light =D

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    your very welcome

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Flower 1 (Pink)(S053) Victor NikiforovFlower 1 (Pink)
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    (S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S054) Prompto Argentum(S055) Doumeki

I can't download Mega past 99% on my Mac. I've tried different browsers but always run into trouble... sometimes much sooner, like around 70%.

Mega, which appeared after Megaupload went away, has always given me trouble.

I pray to uploaders, please always include an alternative!

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Here's some information for those wondering why this happens with FF and MEGA.
    Fix Firefox needs your consent to download large files on Mega message - gHacks Tech News
    The add on is a work around for this process.