aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Aoba (L12)Aurite (Chevalier Aurite) (L4)Perlite (Chevalier Perlite) (L4)
    Legion (L7)Anders (L4)Reisi Munakata (L9)
    Prompto Argentum (L9)Gladiolus Amicitia (L9)Noctis Lucis Caelum (L9)

Strange Tumblr redirect

Hey guys.

I ran into something interesting on Tumblr tonight. I changed my blog URL and hadn't gotten around to updating all of my old links to match that URL (links to my tags and my graphics and stuff).

When I clicked on one of the old links (I forgot I hadn't updated them) instead of just getting a 'URL not found' message or something like usual, I was redirected to imlive.com, which is an unsafe (so don't go there lol) nsfw webcam site. I've never been to that website before or anything like it.

I wanted to know why that happened or if I have some malware or something. I'm on a Mac so I'm not sure if that would be the problem. I also checked to see if my account had been hacked and some weird code had been added or my links had been changed but there's nothing I can see. Should mention that I'm using Chrome.

It was not a popup ad, it was definitely a redirect to that webpage when I clicked a broken link on my blog. It wasn't just a one-off thing either. I think I clicked it like three times and it took me to the same place.

Of course when I changed the link to fit my new URL, everything was fine.

Sorry I'm really not good with stuff like this and no one on Tumblr answered me so I thought it wouldn't hurt to post here. I've just never run into this before with broken links.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Revy (L10)Natsume (L10)Gaara Kazekage (L10)
    Ranmaru Kurosaki (L10)Saya (L9)(S007) Reborn
    (S070) Keiichi Naruse(S001) EndoKagura (L5)
    I've never encountered this problem before, but according to what I've found here, sounds a bit similar. In summary, I feel like it's not your computer, but double check your theme/future themes' coding you use to prevent that redirecting thing from happening again. Cheers!

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Yes I don't think it's a computer issue. I just can't see my Mac having any viruses or anything else that would redirect me in that way. Especially since it was specifically a broken link that redirected me and I actively clicked on it. And my browser is not redirecting me in any other way/nothing else seems out of the ordinary.

But I did check my theme code and nothing seems wrong and none of the links were changed without my knowledge.

I'm just a little confused how I got there from a (supposedly) dead link.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Revy (L10)Natsume (L10)Gaara Kazekage (L10)
    Ranmaru Kurosaki (L10)Saya (L9)(S007) Reborn
    (S070) Keiichi Naruse(S001) EndoKagura (L5)
    Hmmm...It also appears that it's possible that someone else has taken your URL and used it to redirect to whatever nasty NSFW site they wanted. Creds to this epiphany to this blog that had a situation very similar to your own. Hopefully this is the source of the "problem"!

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Yep, thanks for that onlyloveme that's exactly what has happened!

I went and did a google search and any old links to my previous tumblr URL now link to NSFW chat sites (not the same one every time). It's not too much of a problem since I don't have too many followers who know me by the old URL, but still a little creepy to think about.

I will have to change/delete some of my graphics and edits with my old URL on them so people don't get an…interesting surprise.

But this is definitely a warning to people who frequently change their tumblr URL!