Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Kaworu (L4)Shinji (L4)Duo (L5)
    Heero (L4)Armin SnK (L9)Eren SnK (L9)
    Riku (L4)Trunks (L10)Harry Potter (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by xinsidex View Post
    Hi, I hope someone can help me.
    I have a new PC, and on my old PC I had a player where I could watch almost every file.
    Now I want to install this player again but I can't remember the name, I just know the first letter was a "g".This player was recommended me at aarinfantasy.
    Does anyone know the name of the player? THANKS in advance
    I do not know the player that starts with 'g' but I do know a player that will play pretty much anything, and in my opinion is the best player around. You can get it here:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

hope that can work well with your computer ^^

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Ichigo (Vizard) (L10)Xanxus (L10)Aizen (L10)
    Hitsugaya (L10)Rukia (L10)Ulquiorra (L8)

Yeah I like to know this player that begins with a g, but another player that can play nearly all media files is Media Player Classic

saikira
    im sorta havin a problem with media player classic
    i got the player and codec from CCCP
    but when i tried to do the thumbnail or saved image, it gives me this error i dont noe, why, can anyone help me with this problem?

is it a codec problem?
    Last edited by saikira; 09-15-2007 at 09:17 AM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    Hi Valle...are you using the regular wmp that comes in windows...if so there's your problem...use the player that comes with the k-lite code pacs...it works fine..I have yet to have any problems with it....also make mpc(media player classic) your default player..that way you can just double-click your file and it will pop up and play them for you...with out having you needing to choose a player to play your files.....give it a try see what happens

edit to "valle" sorry I wasn't around earlier....I would have posted this way sooner......sorry

to Saikira...the function of "snapshot" has been disabled in all codec bundle downloads....so in both k-lite and cccp it will not work...all you need to do is get the stand alone version(the download thats only the mpc and in that version "snapshot does work..I use it all the time)this player sits right on your desktop you just double-click the icon and it starts.....it does not install anything into your computer....
    Last edited by lemur7; 09-29-2007 at 04:53 PM. Reason: forgot to read when the post was make.....sorry!!

shinjite
    Quote Originally Posted by saikira View Post
    im sorta havin a problem with media player classic
    i got the player and codec from CCCP
    but when i tried to do the thumbnail or saved image, it gives me this error i dont noe, why, can anyone help me with this problem?

is it a codec problem?

Right Click > Options> Playback> Output> change overlay mixer into VMR7/System Default and you're done.

waffleicious
    Ok, people. I have used VLC for a long time and it has always worked... up until now. Yesterday I downloaded Close the Last Door! and tried to play it but was met with audio, and a black screen for video. No error messages. I tried it with every player I have (Nero Showtime, BS Player PRO, InterVIDEO, WMP, Winamp, etc...) and still no prevail. I downloaded a completely different movie today and the SAME THING keeps happening... I got the K-Light Codec and tried WMP Classic today, but still nothing. I think I might have ta cry myself xD
    Any solutions?

Thanks in advance

EDIT

Actually, I think it's my stupid video card, seeing as how I tried to play one of my old movies and still have no video... :'(

EDIT 2

Yea... No idea what's going on here. I can play any video fine w/ Firefox's built in Quicktime player ACCEPT for these. It just wants to download it instead of play it. (And no, Quicktime won't play any movies either; just the steaming ones through Firefox.)
    Last edited by waffleicious; 11-14-2007 at 04:02 PM.

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    You should clean up all your codecs and try CCCP. It's very strange since VLC uses its own filters.

waffleicious
    Aww, I tried that too and it still doesn't work! I can only play MPEG-4 Movies [Really weird O.o] for some crazy reason. They are the only ones that show up with any video. The other file types stretch the display screen to the correct resolution, but stay black. ... Maybe I was just taken over by Apple :-p

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    Use GSpot to see if your filters and codecs are messed up.

waffleicious
    Well, I've never used this program before, but when I opened it and let it scan, it came up with no errors. I tried opening the avi with it and it said that the codecs were installed for it.

So far, to be able to watch it, I've just converted it to MPEG-4 and watched it in quicktime XP

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast