aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Spacer 1Ike (L1)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    Guts (L1)Layton (L5)Luke (L5)

Lightbulb [Guide] Which Download Button is the True Button?

Warning! Image Heavy!

With the higher amounts of ads and pop-ups on hosted file sharing websites, it can be more difficult to figure out which is the download button and which isn't. Especially when they make the fake buttons huge and hard to miss!

This is my (first) quick-and-dirty tutorial to help make downloading easier. I hope it will help others in identifying the right download buttons/links and minimize the risk for downloading viruses and spyware.

Quick tips:

• If there is a pop-up advertising something or doesn't seem to be a part of the host site, do not click anything inside it. Close it by clicking on the top-right Close button, or right-click the window in your taskbar and close it from there.
    • If the Save As dialog appears, make sure that the filename matches what the uploader has called it. If the filename is some strange .exe file for example, don't save it. Sometimes it takes a little while for the file you want to appear with its Save As dialog, so be a little patient.
    • Screenshots contain purple boxes/circles to help you identify the legit link.

If a certain host site hasn't been shown here and you would like to see a guide on it, or if you want to contribute some tips or warnings on certain pop-ups, or if you have any questions, you can post in this thread or shoot me a private message.

Here are the hosts in alphabetical order!

4shared

Hotfile

MediaFire

MEGA

Sendspace

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Another tip would be using a proper add blocker which takes away just about all of the adds listed int he examples.

Yaoi Legend

Savings

Shinohara Keiji (L13)Sebastian (L13)(Event) FaceBook - Yukina
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(Event) IRC - Ritsu(Event) Forum - Morinaga
    (S036) Kaneki KenCharley (L8)(Event) Forum - Tatsumi Souichi

KarumA is right, a pop-up blocker will easily get rid of those issues. But what I think @Singe147; is trying to say is that people will often confuse some bogus button that says 'DOWNLOAD' for the actual download link. There's already a sticky post with recommendations on what pop-up blockers to use through your browser, for Mozilla here.

I don't have an issue with this sorta thing, you can always just hover over (but not click) the button and look at the bottom left corner of your page, you'll see where that link is gonna take you. Once you get the hang of downloading from these hosts, you're pretty much good to go.