aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Noiz (L6)(S045) NoizNoiz (L6)
    (S045) NoizNoiz (L6)(S045) Noiz
    Noiz (L6)Fenris (L6)Hawke (L2)

exnpa and .dll errors on Windows 7

I've used asmodean's exnpa program to extract Nitro+'s .npa archives before when I was still running Windows XP, but since upgrading to Windows 7 (Ultimate, 64 bit, Service Pack 1) I've had trouble with the program picking up .dll files that definitely exist in my system. It doesn't matter which game I try to extract from/which version of exnpa I use. I get the same error every time.

At first it couldn't find zlib1.dll, and so I copied and pasted the file into exnpa's folder. It was fine with that, but then it couldn't find another .dll file: msvcp100.dll

I also copied that into exnpa's folder, but it still doesn't think that it's there.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this problem? Thanks.
    Last edited by pharae; 06-08-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    Did you see if there is any updated version of it?

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Munemasa Katagiri View Post
    Did you see if there is any updated version of it?
    It's the latest version that's available on the website, 1.32 (the one that supports DRAMAtical Murder Re:Connect). Before it was updated to this version, I also had the same issue with the previous version when trying to extract from the oriignal DRAMAtical Murder after I upgraded to Windows 7. As I said, it worked when I was running XP.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

The other place to try putting DLLs that aren't being detected is the Windows system directory (I'm not sure of the exact path on 7, though). Just don't overwrite anything that's already there.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by eliddell View Post
    The other place to try putting DLLs that aren't being detected is the Windows system directory (I'm not sure of the exact path on 7, though). Just don't overwrite anything that's already there.
    Thanks. I did that and restarted... it appeared to work, but the files that it extracts from the .npa files are unreadable. My comp thinks that the images (for example) as .png, but Windows photo viewer says it doesn't support the file format, and Photoshop says the file-format module can't parse the files.

And when I tried to do it a second time, I got the msvcp100.dll again :/

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Your system probably isn't doing a good job of file type detection. If you have an actual .png image and open it in a text editor (try Notepad if one of the files is small enough), it should say "PNG" and "IHDR" near the beginning, and "IEND" a few characters from the end. If those sequences of letters aren't in there, the file is something else (and if the "IEND" is missing but the other two are there, the file is incomplete).

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    Quote Originally Posted by pharae View Post
    I've used asmodean's exnpa program to extract Nitro+'s .npa archives before when I was still running Windows XP, but since upgrading to Windows 7 (Ultimate, 64 bit, Service Pack 1) I've had trouble with the program picking up .dll files that definitely exist in my system. It doesn't matter which game I try to extract from/which version of exnpa I use. I get the same error every time.

At first it couldn't find zlib1.dll, and so I copied and pasted the file into exnpa's folder. It was fine with that, but then it couldn't find another .dll file: msvcp100.dll

I also copied that into exnpa's folder, but it still doesn't think that it's there.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this problem? Thanks.

the copy of your .dll on windows 7(64 bit) may not be the correct version for .npa you have
    try going here : www.dll-downloads.com/index.asp- Download missing dll files immediately! ...I've used the place for years
    just go to "download file" on the left or use the "search" tab ....are you very sure it is msvcp100.dll and not msvcp10.dll(this one is used to display images in general and many times is needed in none XP comps...place it in the program folder that asks for it while trying to run/launch) ...???

... I save you a run-a-round ....your not the only person with this problem it seems.....just go here instead
    msvcp100.dll free download - DLL-files.com ....my other favorite place to get missing .dll's

take care now..

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by lemur7 View Post
    the copy of your .dll on windows 7(64 bit) may not be the correct version for .npa you have
    try going here : www.dll-downloads.com/index.asp- Download missing dll files immediately! ...I've used the place for years
    just go to "download file" on the left or use the "search" tab ....are you very sure it is msvcp100.dll and not msvcp10.dll(this one is used to display images in general and many times is needed in none XP comps...place it in the program folder that asks for it while trying to run/launch) ...???

... I save you a run-a-round ....your not the only person with this problem it seems.....just go here instead
    msvcp100.dll free download - DLL-files.com ....my other favorite place to get missing .dll's

take care now..
    I DLed the .dll files from there and it seems to have fixed. Maybe the .dlls on my system are corrupt? Who knows, haha. Either way, it appears to be working now. Thanks very much!

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    Quote Originally Posted by pharae View Post
    I DLed the .dll files from there and it seems to have fixed. Maybe the .dlls on my system are corrupt? Who knows, haha. Either way, it appears to be working now. Thanks very much!
    so glad it all worked out well for you! ....take care and enjoy your game

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

wrong topic, sorry!
    Last edited by LoremIpsum; 05-03-2014 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Please, delete this post. Sorry!