aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Thread: Tablet Help

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kuroko (L3)Sephiroth (L6)Kagami KnB (L8)
    Ren Katakura (L8)Ibuki Takahara (L8)Shouei (L8)

Tablet Help

Ok, I'm new here so please let me know if I've posted in the wrong thread and then please forgive me

So I'm looking into getting a tablet of some sort primarily for all of my Yaoi/entertainment needs. I'm getting a new laptop as well, but as a grad student, I want to keep it mainly for my school work. Anyways I was looking at tablets and wanted to get into purchasing Yaoi digital titles since hiding my printed Yaoi now has become a pretty difficult and tedious thing. As the youngest daughter, I'm expected to act a certain way and, well, not have anything with guyxguy stuff on my mind so even at 25 I have to keep anything and everything Yaoi hidden from my parents and sister who I still live with. So I had a couple of questions for those of you out there who have tablets and understand them well:

1. As far as digital manga (Yaoi) goes, which is the best?
    2. What about YouTube videos? I assume it is on certain tablets.
    2. Can you hide files on a tablet? (Gotta keep Yaoi hidden from anyone who may want to use it).
    3. Is Google Play available on all of them? (Saw some otome games on Google Play that I'd actually like to try out, thanks to Hakuoki for getting me into that ).
    4. Can the downloadable games from this site such as DRAMAtical Murder be playable on any of the current tablets? I assume not but I thought I'd ask; playing the games on my laptop isn't that big a deal since I can hide the files.

I looked around for these answers and there is just so much I don't understand about tablets so I thought I'd ask here since I know I cant be the only one who wanted a tablet for Yaoi

I was messing around with a Kindle Fire in a store one day and I really liked that but I've seen that there are a couple places that offer Yaoi digitally but I just want to make sure that the one I get is compatible with all sources of Yaoi digital books since I don't want to be locked into one publisher simply because of the tablet I purchased. Price range, I guess nothing over $400. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated and sorry for any silly questions!!

~Neko~

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

To answer your question.i'd say that most of the tablets are capable of playing youtube videos..they have an inbuilt application for that but given you run on a high speed data connection..regarding google play..if the tablet has an android platform than it will be having google play and i's suggest you to download most pf your content from here itself.It is more safe and quality apps are uploaded.

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    I was able to put my hands on a lot of different tablets and I tell you, Samsung are faster and stable. No matter the model you get, root it and use only class 10 micro sd cards, specially if you want to invert internal memory with external, it's possible doing that only on Samsung and Genesis tablets and phones, but not mandatory, you can install apps on SD on rooted devices, you just need the right apps.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

That is quite right Munemasa..my brother purchased a Samsung galaxy tab 2 recently and it is working just fine..the multitasking is quite good and the interface is just awesome. It is one of the best tablets to have calling facilities.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kuroko (L3)Sephiroth (L6)Kagami KnB (L8)
    Ren Katakura (L8)Ibuki Takahara (L8)Shouei (L8)
    Thanks everyone! I will take a look at the Samsung tablets and go from there. Hopefully Samsung can allow me to hide my files, download BL games and manga, etc without any problems.

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    If you root, you can do almost anything with it.
    My father bought a new 7" Samsung for y mother, the other is very old. I liked it a lot, very stable and light weight.