aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Heart 1 (Red)Kusuriuri (L10)Heart 1 (Red)
    Heart 1 (Blue)Hitsugaya (L10)Heart 1 (Blue)
    Pray for JapanX Standard (Black)Xmas (002)

[SOLVED] Corrupted mp4 file fix?

Hello all!

I went to see a festival and took 3 videos on my phone, came home and transferred them onto my computer. Simple enough.
    Sadly, something happened to the largest and best video out of the 3 videos and now it is, for some reason, corrupt and cannot play. A pop-up did come up but I didn't really look at it since I thought it was for something else, not that file...
    I wasn't able to back it up on my computer yet since I just finished transferring and so, I have no other copies that I can simply replace this bad one with.
    Also, just to say, it played on my phone fine when it was on the phone...just not anymore on my computer.

My question is is it possible to recover this file using a program etc. or should I just give up?
    In comparison to the 2 good files, this one only states that it's size whilst the others say stuff like the length, size and the name etc.
    Usually a bad cut/copy will simply stop and leave it at it's original place (aka my USB) but this one transferred through to my desktop...

Pictures for an idea:
    properties.jpg properties2.jpg

Can anyone help me with this dilemma? It is a good video that I wanted to show my friends and family...
    Thank you if anyone can help!

(If this is totally in the wrong spot of the forum, please move it to the right... Thanks!)
    Last edited by blazing_fire; 03-13-2013 at 08:25 AM.

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Thanks so much for your help but I already tried that. It said that it was unable to read or something along those lines...But, honestly, thank you! If there's more, I'm not afraid to install and try random programs...as dangerous as that is.

I will continue poking around and testing stuff...

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

You don't still have a copy on your phone?
    How big is the file? Could you upload it, I can see if I can open it with any video editting programs.

I think perhaps the capturing didn't go well, meaning that the closing frames at the end are messed up and so it cannot be read. Sometimes you can still open the file in proper video editting software.
    Last edited by KarumA; 03-11-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    Quote Originally Posted by blazing_fire View Post
    Hello all!

I went to see a festival and took 3 videos on my phone, came home and transferred them onto my computer. Simple enough.
    Sadly, something happened to the largest and best video out of the 3 videos and now it is, for some reason, corrupt and cannot play. A pop-up did come up but I didn't really look at it since I thought it was for something else, not that file...
    I wasn't able to back it up on my computer yet since I just finished transferring and so, I have no other copies that I can simply replace this bad one with.
    Also, just to say, it played on my phone fine when it was on the phone...just not anymore on my computer.

My question is is it possible to recover this file using a program etc. or should I just give up?
    In comparison to the 2 good files, this one only states that it's size whilst the others say stuff like the length, size and the name etc.
    Usually a bad cut/copy will simply stop and leave it at it's original place (aka my USB) but this one transferred through to my desktop...

Pictures for an idea:
    properties.jpg properties2.jpg

Can anyone help me with this dilemma? It is a good video that I wanted to show my friends and family...
    Thank you if anyone can help!

(If this is totally in the wrong spot of the forum, please move it to the right... Thanks!)
    Hi ...just wanting to say "Don't Panic" if it did play on your phone ...its not really corrupt ..just not able to be read on your PC...you'll be happy to know transcoding your file to another video file format should solve your problem...just went through this with a comicon clip my sister took .... played on her phone ..on her PC it altered between no sound or no video ..or just did not launch at all ...go figure ....we transcoded the file into a generic .avi ...used Xvid for the video and PCM for the audio...to do this you can use several different programs.....

if you can find a torrented copy of "river past video cleaner" version 6.2 is still clean .....it may work....
    you can try "pocket Divx" not related to the real Divx btw....this is free-ware a bit of a google search should get for you.....or now ....this may or may not work ....try toolnixs mkv muxer/demuxer ...why I suggest this is... 1 it is free and 2 it will give you an .mkv file and it may repair any broken headers in your file ...making it once again playable on your machine

hope this helps....

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Sure, I can upload it but it'll probably be later since I have no internet...
    It's 707Mb and it worked very well on my phone. Unfortunately I cut and paste, rather than copy so it does not exist on both my phone nor my USB, only the corrupt one on my desktop.

lemur7: Sorry, I didn't see your message! XD I'll give those a shot too! Thank you! But I do want to mention that the 2 other videos also worked and they're also working on my computer, just this big file died on me...
    Last edited by blazing_fire; 03-11-2013 at 07:14 PM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by blazing_fire View Post
    Sure, I can upload it but it'll probably be later since I have no internet...
    It's 707Mb and it worked very well on my phone. Unfortunately I cut and paste, rather than copy so it does not exist on both my phone nor my USB, only the corrupt one on my desktop.

lemur7: Sorry, I didn't see your message! XD I'll give those a shot too! Thank you! But I do want to mention that the 2 other videos also worked and they're also working on my computer, just this big file died on me...
    thats okay ...that was what happened to my sister ...she had 2 that worked on the phone only 1 of them was a "problem child" on the PC ....best of luck!

oh ...if you a bit savy you can also try removing the .mp4 at the end of your file (its extention...work from a copy only! ..just in case) and the see if it will play ...some times this can work...where theres a will theres a way !!!

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Oh my miracle!!
    Thank you all for your help! My problem has been solved! The video has been repaired with the help of a program called 'HD Video Repair' (though I missing audio for the last 30 seconds or so but who cares!)
    Thank you all for helping me!! I would have given up hope very quickly...

Again, thank you all~
    This problem has been solved!

Yaoi Lover

Savings

YAY!!...so glad you got it fixed!!