aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Creating a torrent and re-using trackers

So, someone requested a reseed of Gakuen Heaven. I have it on my computer, but not the torrent for it, so I thought to create a torrent and reseed. Now, I know I can just make a new torrent and post the link for it but that's not really reseeding.

So, my question is, can I paste the trackers from the torrent that is already posted in the forum into the torrent I create and then other people's programs will recognize my torrent as the same as the one they have been trying to download? Is that unacceptable in some way? Would it even work? Or is there a normal way to do this?

Yes, I am not really very good at this, but I am very curious. Thank you!

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(Event) Forum - Ritsuka UenoyamaHeart 1 (Blue)(Event) Forum - Mafuyu Sato
    Haruki Nakayama (L10)Heart 6 (Devil)(S074) Akihiko Kaji
    (S087) Miyano Yoshikazu(S086) Sasaki Shuumei(S089) Ogasawara Jirou

All you need to do is download the torrent file from Aarin, making sure it's pointing to the folder the completed torrent is in. It might say that the torrent already exists and ask if you want to overwrite it. Say no.

Then you need to click on the torrent in your torrent client (I use bit-torrent) and tell it to re-check the torrent. This will basically check your torrent against the torrent file you just downloaded, and if they match it will count up to 100%. If it does this, your torrent is ready to seed and it will use Aarin's tracker.

If it doesn't, then your torrent is different in some way, such as you've deleted a file out of it or something. It won't work with the existing Aarin torrent.

Hope this helps (and makes sense )!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I did the Force re-check, but it just puts the file in the d/l queue. And the files are exactly the same, there's only one in the torrent.
    Last edited by attackiguana; 07-23-2012 at 02:56 PM.