aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Understanding new anti-piracy rules

I am pretty hopeless at computer technology. All I do is download BLCDs from aarinfantasy (these CDs aren't available in the UK, as far as I know). I don't download anything else off the internet. Should I be worried about the new anti-piracy rules? These come into effect in 2014, so there's time yet! The article says:

Ofcom outlines new anti-piracy rules

Draft code details new 'three strikes' policy for illegal downloaders, to come into effect from March 2014
    lllegal downloaders will start receiving warning letters from internet service providers from 1 March 2014, under a draft code for the government's anti-digital piracy regime drawn up by media regulator Ofcom.
    Under the draft code, published on Tuesday by the regulator, the UK's biggest ISPs – BT, Everything Everywhere, O2, Sky, TalkTalk Group and Virgin Media – will be required to send letters to customers warning them when there is an allegation from a film, TV or music company that there has been illegal downloading from their computer.
    Web users who get three warning letters in a year will face having anonymous information of their downloading and filesharing history provided to copyright owners, which could then be used to gain a court order to reveal the customer's identity and take legal action against piracy.
    Ofcom and the government maintain that the new code has been carefully balanced to help the UK creative industries defend theirintellectual property, while protecting the rights of consumers.
    An annex to the report shows that if 70,000 copyright infringement reports are sent by rights holders to the biggest ISPs each month – BT, Virgin, TalkTalk and BSkyB — the total cost to rights holders will be £14.4m, with each letter costing £17.

How do you think copyright infringements are identified? Do you think they will monitor particular sites (what kinds of sites would these be)? Or do you think they will monitor all downloads? Do UK aarinfantasy BLCD downloaders need to be worried? If you think we do, is there a way to get around this?

Thanks for any thoughts / advice.

SS

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    don't panic just yet ..... that kind of stuff usually gets protested and struck down
    plus I truely hate big companies that come from the US bully boys wanting "their money" ...AKA Hollywood monguls and their bully brothers the US Music industry...they just love pressuring other countries to do their dirty work

Yaoi Fan

Savings

Zhongli (L9)Luka Crosszeria (L9)Dan Heng (L9)
    Kaeya (L10)Kurose (L8)Alhaitham (L9)
    Spacer 1Pray for JapanSpacer 1
    From the article, the company that own copyright must claim it first that you illegally download it, then the ISP will send you a warning. The problem is, how copyright holder could know that we download anything so they can tell the ISP. I think, in practice, ISP will be force to monitor the traffic, then tell the copyright holder, then copyright holder will tell ISP to send the mail...

It all because their copyright is far more important than our human right!

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

I think these rules will vary from country to country. Here, they just approved a law that says that have one copy of the work (book, music, movie, etc) for personal use will be not considered piracy.