aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Iason (L4)Pray for JapanRaoul (L8)
    Yue (L9)Zechs (L7)Banko (L3)

help with Mac's and downloading split files (?)

Hi

(I did search to see if there was an answer to this already but i couldn't find it so i hope this is ok...)

so the problem is

im a new Mac user (MacBook Pro)
    and I'm having trouble downloading split files ( saving them not joining them. i have tried downloading the all the split files as is & joining them and just seeing if that works and it did not ^^;;; )

i know when i had my pc i would save all the parts of the file as "all files" not 001 & 002 etc
    i can't find that option on my new Mac
    this is what my download "save as" looks like
    http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy52/fifilj/dl.png

if some one could please help i'd be so grateful
    THANK YOU
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Shizuo (L8)Izaya (L3)Ewon (L2)
    Mookyul (L9)Yue (L9)Gintoki (L4)
    Hijikata (L2)Saitou HK (L1)Okita (L1)
    I actually wonder now... I just download one by one and then join them by using Split&Concat. (for 001 files).
    Last edited by maimariri; 04-07-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

i do use split&concat but when i tried to just download them as they were it didn't work
    mmm i don't know maybe i should try just downloading some split files again as they are and see if it works THIS time (but it takes a while downloading haha)

as you can see in the screenshot i linked to i had downloaded split files (as is) and tired to join them with no luck

i love my Mac but this little thing is really frustrating me
    (i need my subbed videos fix!!! haha)

well thank you anyway maimariri xhopefully someone might know

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Are they downloading correctly? That could be another problem. A friend of mine had a problem joining them, so she re-downloaded them and it worked.

I know how you feel! My Mac is 5 years old. When I first got it... back then there weren't much programs to install so everything was frustrating. Ahaha!

Hope so! I would like to know this answer as well!

Edit: Ah! Btw... I looked at your screenshots again. Did you rename the titles? If you did, don't edit the titles or it's not going to work.
    Last edited by maimariri; 04-07-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

mmm i didn't rename the files the 1st time i tried it
    [ the 1st time i downloaded 4 split files i just downloaded them as they were and tried to join them with split&concat and it didn't work. so i tried it again and because i couldn't find an option for saving the split files as all files i tried taking the 001 & 002 off the file name to see if that would work and it didn't ]

I'm going to try and download some split files again tonight (download them as they are) and jut try and join them see if that works if not I'm not sure what i should try
    [ive tried just googling the problem but nothing helpful comes up]

Thanks again maimariri

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Try to type them in the same name.
    Ex. file.001, file.002, file.003 so on.
    Not: file(1).001, file(2).002, file(3).003 so on.

I tested the files by changing the names and it didn't work for me either. So it could be that. If you didn't delete those files you now have, Just rename them, all with the same title (don't take out the ".001" ".002" etc since Mac allows you to change that.) and then mount. Hopefully it works out how you want. >__<

When you mounted the file, the video does work, right? But uncompleted, like it cuts off?
    Last edited by maimariri; 04-09-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Ok so I tried downloading a file that had been split in to 3 parts.
    I didn’t change any of the file names and just downloaded them as they were.
    The .001 file downloaded fine BUT
    For some reason the other files are downloading as RAR Archive files …now I don’t know if that’s a problem or not when joining (I don’t know enough) but the other two parts are .002 & .003 anyway
    Then I tried to join the 3 split files with Split&Concat

If I choose the 001 file split&concat takes a second and then says it’s succeeded but the file comes out as a RAR archive and I’m unable to extract it or play it. If I choose one of the others (.002 or .003) and try and connect them from one of those it comes out as an AVI movie (as you can see in “file names” attached to this. it’s the first file listed) but it won’t play (the player I’m using by the way is VLC so it should work fine)

The .001 file will open with VLC it’ll say its broken but it’ll still play that part.
    I don’t seem to be able to extract the .002 & .003 RAR parts or play them.

This is driving me mad!!!
    The ONLY reason I need to solve this problem it because a lot of Japanese movies or shows I want to watch come in split files… this problem is cutting in to my fandom
    file names.jpg

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

/kicks the files

Okay, how about giving me the link to the site you're downloading from. Here's my screenshot:

Hmm... for the .001 file, try erasing that 'avi' way at the end and then try mounting it. (You can always type it back if it fails) (I'm aware of the rar achieve... usually Mac thinks it's a rar, but it really isn't. Happens to me sometimes.)
    Last edited by maimariri; 04-10-2012 at 01:12 AM.