aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

(S019) TinkleChiaki (L8)Yuu (L3)
    Takano (L3)Ritsu (L3)Yukina (L8)
    Kisa (L3)Taki (L9)(S008) Shuichi

Microsoft Powerpoint

Hello

I'm creating a powerpoint presentation for a project in school.
    I wanna embed an flv file on it, so that it will play when on that specific slide.

I have done embedding the flv file in the slide and choosing the skin for the player.
    I have embeded it using the 'EMBED FLASH" option.
    My question is, will it work properly on other machines? (my teacher probably has windows)

Do they need a the codec or something?? please help!! I'm getting really paranoid.

Smile, breath and go slow

Savings

Ayace (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)Canale (L9)
    Emba (L10)MeatBunYuuen (L9)
    (S067) Azumaya Junta(S054) Prompto Argentum(S076) SilverAsh

I don't really know... Perhaps you can do some tests to validate. Send it to someone else and see if they can play it correctly.

Last time I did embed something in Powerpoint, it was more than 10 years ago... and it was wav files

With a quick search in internet, you can find some comments
    Generally speaking, to avoid video codec problem with different computers, and ensure the properly video playback in PowerPoint, Flash video in FLV format and other video formats is not recommended to be inserted in PowerPoint. Based on the popularity of Adobe Flash player, which is widely installed on most computers in the world, Flash movie in SWF is highly compatible cross-platform and properly played back. You may try some video to Flash conversion tools, such as WebVideo Author, to convert FLV or other video formats to SWF format.
    [taken from Embed-YouTube-Flash-Videos-in-Your-PowerPoint-Presentations]

Generally speaking, in order to avoid video codec problems on different computers and make sure the video can be played back normally, the FLV format is not recommended to use in the PowerPoint. In view of the popularity and highly compatible cross-platform features of flash movie in SWF, we may try to convert the FLV files to SWF and then insert the SWF file to PowerPoint.
    [taken from How to insert FLV (Flash Video) into PowerPoint]

As for how to embed videos... there are a bunch of tutorials you probably have already looked at...
    Last edited by angerbda; 02-02-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by angerbda View Post
    I don't really know... Perhaps you can do some tests to validate. Send it to someone else and see if they can play it correctly.

Last time I did embed something in Powerpoint, it was more than 10 years ago... and it was wav files

With a quick search in internet, you can find some comments

[taken from Embed-YouTube-Flash-Videos-in-Your-PowerPoint-Presentations]

[taken from How to insert FLV (Flash Video) into PowerPoint]

As for how to embed videos... there are a bunch of tutorials you probably have already looked at...
    Ooooohh. I'm getting paranoid. LOL. I already passed the presentation to my prof. I wonder. If you can play youtube videos on youtube, that means you can play flv files right?

I know my teacher watches in youtube, lol, she shared a vid from youtube once to our class. So, is what I'm thinking correct?

Thanks for answering too, @angerbda

Smile, breath and go slow

Savings

Ayace (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)Canale (L9)
    Emba (L10)MeatBunYuuen (L9)
    (S067) Azumaya Junta(S054) Prompto Argentum(S076) SilverAsh

Quote Originally Posted by frozonecom View Post
    I know my teacher watches in youtube, lol, she shared a vid from youtube once to our class. So, is what I'm thinking correct?
    Well... that's good question... I am not sure but would assume that the streaming on the website (Youtube) includes the codec whereas the standalone viewing in a computer requires its own codec...

You could just ak your teacher to do a quick check an prepare a version with another format than a *.flv just in case?!

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by angerbda View Post
    Well... that's good question... I am not sure but would assume that the streaming on the website (Youtube) includes the codec whereas the standalone viewing in a computer requires its own codec...

You could just ak your teacher to do a quick check an prepare a version with another format than a *.flv just in case?!
    HAHHAHA ^_^ LOL. She already checked it and I asked her what grade I got. I'd say she saw the video. ^_^
    Thanks again for everything! HAHA

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Embed YouTube Video in Powerpoint

Yes, it will work on other machines and as you have said your teacher has a Windows machines then according to you should not face any problem with it. Regarding embedding a video in Powerpoint, it is also a simple task. You can refer Labnols's guide to find out How you can add a video in Powerpoint presentation. Not only this there are other various ways for this as well.

Refer this one: https://www.techlila.com/how-to-embe...in-powerpoint/

You can also add music to Google slides to make it even more engaging.

Hope it helped.