aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

POTM - 1 StarMakima (L10)SOTM - 2 Stars
    Denji (L9)Power (L7)Aki Hayakawa (L8)
    Makima (L9)Makima (L8)Gojo Satoru (L9)

canon goes crazy with 64bit, I've a laserjet installed and I frantically added/removed the printer trying the driver again and again for days until I finally got it to work What I did is go to drivers and printers, remove the printer from there then go to add printer, and use the driver from pre installed list because external drivers don't work for me. Eg. I've 3015, but when I got the 3015 win7 64bit driver from canon site it didn't work. So I installed the 3050x driver from windows library and that made all functions of my printer - print/scan/copy run just fine.

Goto add a printer > add local printer > use existing port > then search through the list to find driver closest to your series.
    Last edited by Schneider; 01-09-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Soah (L8)Ai Enma (L8)Ginshu (L10)
    Yata Misaki (L11)Kougami Shinya (L8)Makishima (L8)
    Kasuga SB (L1)Lightning (L8)Axel (L10)

@Schneider; Good to see that you're able to make your printer work (must be a hellish process)
    I tried to remove and add the printer again like you suggested, but it gives me error 0x000003eb.
    Not sure if this is relevant, but it's a USB printer. I tried picking different ports from the existing port drop down list but all gave me the same error. Grrr. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    Quote Originally Posted by xMyuuchanx View Post
    @Schneider; Good to see that you're able to make your printer work (must be a hellish process)
    I tried to remove and add the printer again like you suggested, but it gives me error 0x000003eb.
    Not sure if this is relevant, but it's a USB printer. I tried picking different ports from the existing port drop down list but all gave me the same error. Grrr. Thanks for the suggestion though!
    Hi...back again?....poor you did you run the installation as "admin" ?
    that error number is saying that the printer installation has not been or can not be completed
    did you have the printer connected to your comp to use your install disc ..if not ..it does need to be...then reboot your comp and turn on the printer...the try again with your disc ....you can see if that will help....

saddly if this doesn't do the job it means you will need to uninstall it again.... then contact canon to get a work around....

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

@lemur7; Hey again! Sorry for the late reply. I'm away from my hostel (and printer) at the moment. I'll try installing again when I get back later I've contacted Canon through email. Just waiting for them to get back to me. I even approached the technician working around Canon's section at Malaysia, he wasn't too sure himself too. He just told me he thinks that it should be compatible with Windows7 64 bits and asked me to check out the official site for latest driver and do clean install again. ( = _ = )

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Ok I gave up and sent my laptop to an acquaintance of mine.

I was told that Windows removed all the ownership to the driver file and that's why the driver was inaccessible. He replaced the ownership to my account and the windows admin account and it works fine now.

Problem solved. Thanks to the people here who have tried to help! I really appreciate it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12