aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Kotetsu (L2)Heart 3 (Pink)Barnaby (L2)
    Bunny (L6)Heart 6 (Devil)Tiger (L6)
    Count (L3)

Question about PayPal

Hope someone can give me information on this particular concern that I have. It's about PayPal. I've just received an Echeck from a relative which was deposited in my PayPal account. I'm just waiting for it to clear within 3-5 days. I intend to use it to buy doujinshis. The problem is I'll be making the purchase next year. Will PayPal be deducting any fees just by keeping that money in the account? I must admit that I've become pretty leery of PayPal because it seems they keep on deducting fees every time I blink. I also end up not getting paid in full by my writing clients because of their fee deductions.

If I keep the money in the account up to January, will PayPal end up making deductions?

scary momma set addict

Savings

Shihoudani (L4)Illumi (L9)Makishima Yuusuke (L7)
    Kasamatsu (L7)Masrur (L8)Hiko Seijuro (L10)
    Suzuya Jūzō (L8)(S046) Kogitsunemaru(S064) Toono Takashi

paypal does not charge a fee to hold your money, however, depending on they type of account you have, you do get charged a fee for receiving money from people, but once its in the account there should be no further deductions

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Count (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbit_girl View Post
    paypal does not charge a fee to hold your money, however, depending on they type of account you have, you do get charged a fee for receiving money from people, but once its in the account there should be no further deductions
    My account is a Personal account. So, hopefully, there won't be any deductions, right?

Yaoi Legend

Savings

Asami (L5)Pray for JapanAkihito (L4)
    Misaki (L1)Heart 1 (Red)Usami (L2)
    Ewon (L2)Akira TnC (L1)Tsuzuki (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryObasan View Post
    Hope someone can give me information on this particular concern that I have. It's about PayPal. I've just received an Echeck from a relative which was deposited in my PayPal account. I'm just waiting for it to clear within 3-5 days. I intend to use it to buy doujinshis. The problem is I'll be making the purchase next year. Will PayPal be deducting any fees just by keeping that money in the account? I must admit that I've become pretty leery of PayPal because it seems they keep on deducting fees every time I blink. I also end up not getting paid in full by my writing clients because of their fee deductions.

If I keep the money in the account up to January, will PayPal end up making deductions?

Hey, I wanted to comment on the Paypal Fees - If someone is paying you (as in you are the seller), then the buyer can either pay the fees or pass on the fees to you, this might be the deduction in the payment and why are may not be receiving full pay. There is a way around fees - instead of sending money via the Purchase Tab, money can be sent through the Personal Tab - then sent either as a payment owed or a gift - this is supposed to be used for family/friends but I have used it before when buying stuff.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Count (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by lostgryphin View Post
    Hey, I wanted to comment on the Paypal Fees - If someone is paying you (as in you are the seller), then the buyer can either pay the fees or pass on the fees to you, this might be the deduction in the payment and why are may not be receiving full pay. There is a way around fees - instead of sending money via the Purchase Tab, money can be sent through the Personal Tab - then sent either as a payment owed or a gift - this is supposed to be used for family/friends but I have used it before when buying stuff.
    Actually, I have told my writing clients to pay me for my services using the Personal tab. But certain Internet article marketers just continue to use the Business tab. That's why I dropped them.

Yaoi Legend

Savings

Actually, I have told my writing clients to pay me for my services using the Personal tab. But certain Internet article marketers just continue to use the Business tab. That's why I dropped them.
    Oh. Also, it could be due to international money exchanges - I believe paypal charges fees for that as well.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Count (L3)
    Oh. Also, it could be due to international money exchanges - I believe paypal charges fees for that as well.
    Okay, now I'm getting really ticked off with PayPal. My aunt sent me $100 as an Echeck on PayPal. They deducted a fee of $4.20 from it, so now I'm getting $95.80. Is that deduction to be expected?

Yaoi Legend

Savings

Okay, now I'm getting really ticked off with PayPal. My aunt sent me $100 as an Echeck on PayPal. They deducted a fee of $4.20 from it, so now I'm getting $95.80. Is that deduction to be expected?
    I'm not sure about fees in regards to echecks - I looked through paypal, and I could have over looked it, but I didn't see anything in regards to echeck fee reductions.

Paypal fee calculator: PayPal Fee Calculator by Ryan Olbe (Last Updated: June 04, 2011)

Information on paypal fees (when its free or when there is a fee): https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?c...keting_us/fees

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    are you sure its an "echeck" fee or is it an exchange rate difference in currency ,,,I use paypal all the time ...never saw a fee for echecks,,,,

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Count (L3)
    I'm not sure about fees in regards to echecks - I looked through paypal, and I could have over looked it, but I didn't see anything in regards to echeck fee reductions.

Paypal fee calculator: PayPal Fee Calculator by Ryan Olbe (Last Updated: June 04, 2011)

Information on paypal fees (when its free or when there is a fee): https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?c...keting_us/fees

Thank you very much for these links! The PayPal Calculator especially is of tremendous help!!

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lemur7 View Post
    are you sure its an "echeck" fee or is it an exchange rate difference in currency ,,,I use paypal all the time ...never saw a fee for echecks,,,,
    PayPal never specified what fee it was. This is the only thing that was written in the details.

Total amount: $100.00 USD
    Fee amount: -$4.20 USD
    Net amount: $95.80 USD

What irritates me a lot is that my aunt sent me an Echeck before and PayPal didn't make any deductions.