aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Lover

Savings

Kaoru (L6)Kratos (L1)(Event) FaceBook - Yukina
    Kazuki (L7)Rei (L7)Black Jack (L5)
    Ross (L8)Kurose (L8)Hiruma (L6)

Windows movie maker bug?

Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to post this (admins feel free to move this thread when it isn't) but here goes;

I have made this amv/slideshow project in Windows Movie Maker and want to convert this project into a video suitable for sharing it on other computers and on the web. But every time I try converting the project by clicking 'Save Moviefile' (Filmbestand opslaan) etc. My computer starts converting but some where 75% through my computers screen flashes the blue screen of death and restarts itself.

Now my question is why does it do that and is there something I can do about it so that I can convert the project into a videofile?

Thank you in advantage for reading this and trying to help me out.

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    Update the video drivers and DirectX. Check for a possible codec conflict.
    Do you use codecs packs such KazaA Lite?

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

The bsod is not a good thing, how much RAM do you have? Because converting a video uses that a lot and so if it is corrupt then it bsod. It might happen again in the future when you try and process things.
    It could also be overheating of a component but I think it would turn itself off then.
    Another option could be video drivers; make sure they are up to date.

My suggestion is; download the program WhoCrashed; Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer
    load in your minidumps which are created when a bsod happens to have a better idea on why it is happening.

So the list;
    What are your system specs; ram, processor is whats useful to know
    Run the Whocrashed program, copy paste the crash details in spoiler tags or code tags.
    It would be handy to not have your pc set to an automatic reboot if a bsod happens because the things listed are sometimes important specially in cases where it happens and the computer can't boot into windows at all anymore.
    How to turn it off;
    Right Click on “My Computer” and goto “Properties”. Then goto the “Advanced” tab and under the headline “Startup and Recovery”, press the “Settings” button. Untick the “Automatically Restart” box and press Ok.

BSOD can happen for many reasons; drivers problem, hardware problem (meaning a component is broken) and some others. It displays a code that lets you know just about where the problem lies.
    Last edited by KarumA; 09-24-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Um I installed to program and let the computer crash again thanks to the problem I described above and this is what came out of the analysis afterwards;

But I don't get all this information because I'm dumb. o.o;

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

@Munemasa Katagiri Well, I use K-lite codec pack if that's what you mean. o.o
    But I don't know how to update the video drivers and DirectX.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Its the drivers that caused this problem I believe and I think it is your graphics card that needs a driver update.
    There are several ways to do this and I will tell you how to as well.

device manager;
    This method doesn't always work because sometimes it will give you a message that there are no new drivers available when there are.
    How to do this;
    On your desktop right click the My Computer icon and select properties -> under the tab Manage click on Device manager.
    It opens a list of things that you can tab open.
    You need to click on the + near Display Devices, which is like 2-3rd int he list from top.
    There you will see your graphics card type, probably an Nvidia something something.
    This is important because this number is going to be used for method 2 so note it down.

Okay so you have the + open and your graphics card listed, you then right click on the Nvidia whatever number card and select Update drivers.
    You then get an extra screen with 2 options being; search automatically or browse. You use the automatic one because the browse one is for when you have the driver setup on your computer or CD.
    It will then load and will either then update or will tell you no new drivers could be found. If nothing was found then simply cancel the process screen so it closes and close device manager because then we do step 2.

Step 2; update from the creators website.
    You wrote down the brand of graphics card you have with the number. Depending on the manufacturer usually either Nvidia or the other major brand out there which name slipped my tongue at this moment.

If you are of another brand tell me which one and I'll adjust the steps for you.

Anyway if it is Nvidia visit their website; Welcome to NVIDIA - World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies
    Select your preferred language (I'll use English thank you very much).
    You'll get to the page that is their home website and in the top bar select the tab download drivers and click on that also in the then listed window.
    You get a page with a list and you fill those tabs in.
    I had an old card which was a Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT for example so if I were to fill it in;
    tab 1; Geforce. tab 2; Geforce 9 series. tab 3; Geforce 9800 GT and then my operating system which at the time was Windows XP and in the last the language you need.
    If you press search you get to another page where the setup for the latest drivers is listed, download and run those.

To make it less confusing here are some screenies of what to do in case you have an Nvidia. I am using my card as an example.

Method 1;

As you can see I have an Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 (the last bit has the window infront of it)

Now that part is important. So I go to their website at Nvidia, click on the Download Drivers so I get to that page and fill it in;

If I press search then I get this page;

And I download that and run it.

You also have option 2 of the list page; Option 2: Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products.
    You could sue that, it doesn't work on my side because I blocked scripts running from websites to inspect my computer in case of other sites that might have malware. If you do that just press the Graphics Drivers.

Now here is the thing; a bsod can mean many things though I suspect this is a video card driver problem and this will probably fix the problem you have if it does happen again then other drivers may need updating and or your ram needs to be tested to see if it is faulty.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Well I did all the things you described but the problem remains.
    And this time Whocrashed says the following;

Yaoi Lover

Savings

hal.dll can be because of many things.
    How much ram do you use, you can check by right clicking My Computer -> properties.
    You then see the windows logo with a list of what version Xp you run etc. look for the ram and the number much like this screen;

I'm asking because the number the whocrashed report gives is a little misleading. I'm guessing it is 4gb.

The 0x1000000A leads to it being another driver problem and the hal.dll leads to yet a series of causes from network cards to videocard.

Make a topic here;
    http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/forum/5-windows-xp-2000-2003-nt/

Copy paste the Whocrashed log int he thread, tell them your OS and basic information on your computer.
    They are much quicker at figuring out what is the cause, but my guess is you never updated any of your drivers for years.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Well my computer is old as in...old. o.o And I had to reinstall XP many times now. >.>
    I'm not sure how much RAM it has when I right click on MY Computer it doesn't tell me that...strange. But the sticker on my computer says 256 MB RAM. Hmmm, doesn't sound like a whole lot. o.o Anyways I posted the problem on the website you mentioned maybe they have an idea of how to solve this.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

If it does have 256mb then it would take more than a miracle to render out things in video format, because that is very very little.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Well I'm not to sure it is. My computer has been modified by my brother in law so some things on the sticker aren't correct anymore. The My Computer screen says something like this;

AMD Athlon XP 2200+
    Clockspeed (Kloksnelheid) 1.80 GHz, 512 MB

Where it is supposed to say the amount of RAM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast