aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Shinohara Keiji (L13)Togawa (L7)Tsubaki (L4)
    (S024) AsanoShima (L7)Zaki (L1)
    Sakuragi Hanamichi (L6)(S042) Murasakibara AtsushiNicolas Brown (L9)

Flash player plug in problem with Firefox

Hey everyone!

Today, I upgraded to the latest version of Firefox, Firefox 6. And at the same time, I also upgraded to the latest Flash player. Since then, Firefox hangs and doesn't respond while loading pages. When I deactivate the Flash player plugin, it works just fine, so I think this has to be the problem.

I tried to uninstall and re-install the flash player plug in. Still the same. I tried to uninstall and then re-install Firefox. No change. I tried the previous Firefox version (Firefox 5), and then I tried a previous version of Flash player. Nothing works. I'm really perplexed....does anyone have any suggestions of how to solve the problem?

Thank you in advance

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

My brother was having serious issues with Firefox 6 and Flash. Apparently they are not compatible yet. What we had to do in his computer was completely uninstall flash through control panel, uninstall firefox 6, install firefox 5 and then install flash. It must be done through control panel or it won't work.

lokoer
    There is now a security update for the steady Firefox 3.6. I use this and never had any problem. Plus i can use all my addons, many of them which aren't ready for 6 or 5 yet.

PS: Firefox 6 is no more different than Firefox 5 than Firefox 3.6.19 from 3.6.18; They changed the version-naming-type to match rival companies and make it more appealing. So Firefox 3.6.20 isn't so "old" - actually the update appeared two days ago.

Needless to say i don't have any issue with any addon or plugin because it's the most stable.

Links for 3.6.20 version:
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html
    Last edited by lokoer; 08-18-2011 at 09:36 AM. Reason: added links

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Thanks a lot for the responses! And daniii

I need to leave now, but I will try out your suggestions and let you know! Thank you once again!

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

You have the multiple-plugin-containers problem, I think, which means you're going to have to wait for a bugfix if you want to install that version of Firefox with Flash.

Yaoi Veteran
    Savings

Rei (L3)Shinji (L4)Kaworu (L4)
    Aki (L7)Akihito (L4)Sono (L3)
    Reinhard (L10)Saralegui (L3)Shinobu (L6)
    That's easy... just download the beta flash from Adobe labs, namely 11.0.1.9x something. Works just fine with FF7

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Thank you both for the advice guys! Actually, I think Mozilla must have released some update, because I installed that and now it works fine, even though I kept the previous Flash version....I'm kind of scared of putting the most recent one

phantom02
    had the same problem just the other day...got fed up and just installed chrome...
    i'll follow your suggestions too..hopefully i can use firefox again..cause it feels uncomfortable with a different browser