aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Unusual Problem: Losing wifi connection

I've got an odd dilemma. First, let me tell you what my current set-up is.

I "steal" wifi from my landlord. We live in a duplex, and he lives on the other side of the wall, basically. Since it's one house, we can really only have one cable company account. So part of my lease is that I get free cable and internet.

Lately, however, the wifi has been going out ... but JUST for me.

Basically, this occurs after he leaves the house. This never happens while he's home (as far as I can remember).

What happens is that I'll be happily surfing the net or listening to my pandora, when suddenly the connection dies. I have a Dell laptop, an Acer netbook, and an iPod Touch. And all of a sudden, NONE of them can see my landlord's router.

I've asked him if his internet ever goes out, and he said no, never!

We are both really perplexed by this. I thought perhaps his router was going dormant whenever he leaves and stops using the internet after a length of time. I also read that if the main computer goes into sleep mode, then the router will sometimes go offline. But he says he has no "main" computer hooked up to the modem or router.

His solution is that he is going to run an actual physical line from his side of the house to mine, meaning he will have to crawl under the house, drill some holes, etc. LOTS of work.

But otherwise, we can't figure out what the problem is. When the internet goes out, I have twice taken my iPod and walked all around the outside of the house, even towards his side, and it still will not catch it. But it will catch the neighbors'!

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

I don't know all too much about wifi, using a cable is a lot more stable.
    But anyway; make sure drivers are up to date, use run-> ipconfig if you know the ip address then go to start -> run -> type in ipconfig <the wifi ip address>
    It looks something like this; C:/Documents and settings/user> ipconfig 192.168.0.1
    Anyway press enter and see if any packages are being received or not.
    Second thing to do is see if you can access the router by entering the said ip address into you internet explorer or whatever browser you use and check if the SSID, Network channel, any encryption and passwords and other info are correct to that of your landlord.

Like I said my knowledge of networking is limited, I would suggest asking here;
    Storage and Networking - TechSpot OpenBoards

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    Get an update for the router's firmware, it solves most of dropping connections issues.