aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

mocca parfait

uploading a torrent to nyaa (solved)

Hi everyone,

I've created a torrent using utorrent, I've added the following tracker to it:

http://nyaatorrents.info:3277/announce

In utorrent it says there is one Seed, which is my computer, but when I check nyaa, it says 0 seeds. I've hidden the torrent for now because there is no seeds.

Any help would be appreciated
    Last edited by mocca parfait; 06-07-2011 at 05:59 AM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

I would suggest asking at the tracker website themselves, there's little I know of how Nya's system works.
    They have a forum, I would suggest looking aorund there, they also have a manual NyaaTorrents Manual - NyaaTorrents Forums and this is merely a guess but it can take a while before the numbers next to the torrent is/are updated. Seed for a while, try again after 30 minutes or so just to be sure and see if it is still 0. There is always staff in their irc channel, they can help you straight away with any questions and know much more of their own tracker and how it functions.

Lige
    How soon after you added the torrent did you check it? Sometimes it takes several minutes for a torrent to show the actual (live) number of seeds / leechers. I'd probably leave it seeding, give it about 5-10 mins, check it, then unhide it if it's working.

If it's not, as KarumA said, maybe contact Nyaa directly and ask about it. There could be an issue with the tracker or....

As I was typing this, I thought of something. In order for the tracker information to update on Nyaa, you need to be seeding THEIR torrent file, not the one you created initially. When you upload a torrent file to Nyaa, they edit it with there tags/tracking system, then that's what people download. The torrent file you created/are seeding doesn't have the proper information.

So download the torrent file from Nyaa, seed that one (it should automatically seed as long as the file is in your download folder. No need to actually download it again) then give it roughly 10 mins to show the seed. Then you can un-hide it and should be good to go

mocca parfait

thank you, that did the trick.