aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Cozza

Unhappy Database, deleted a table

I know AF is primarily for BL, but I know there are a few among you who are IT experts - hence my decision to post here instead of on random techforums xD.

Anyway, I accidentally deleted a table in one of my databases (don't ask how, I just fail at life) - and it happens to be quite a significant table. I've googled furiously for possible methods of recovery, but all said methods require you have full access to the sql server (aka, be the owner). I've contacted my host for help, but I was just wondering if there is absolutely anything I can do to undo this trouble?

And yes, feel free to slap me for neglecting to back up my databases. OTL

Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated. ♥ Bonus love if you're able to tell me whether this is an easily-resolved issue on the admin/my host's behalf.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

I found the answer to your question here. Unfortunately the only way to recover the database is from a previous backup where the database is complete.

Commercial servers/hosts usually have backup routines (dayly/weekly backups) so I believe your host must have some backup. Just ask them to restore the database. The worst that can happen is you have an outdated database and have to input some data that, unfortunately, is lost for good.
    Last edited by daniyagami; 05-15-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Cozza
    @daniyagami thank you for your help! I thought that may be the case. Fingers crossed there's a fairly recent backup. Thanks again! ♥