aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Thread: "rar.part" file

AGWLXB

"rar.part" file

Yesterday, I have download "Prince x Prince". It's a "rar.part" file and i can't read it.
    Can you help me ?
    This is download adress : Prince x Prince
    PS : I'm french and I speak no good english. Sorry for the mistakes !

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(S011) Usami FuyuhikoRyukVegeta (L6)
    Going Merry(S029) Charles J. Chrishunds (Charley)(S016) Takano
    Suzuki-san(S016) Takano(S030) Virus
    well, thats because it's only a "part" of a complete file, which is needed for you to use it

for example:
    if you want disc 1, you will have to download part 1, part 2 and part3

try downloading the different parts from the princexprince game download thread
    here

if you use winrar and have all the parts of a file it will automatically combine them, when you extract one of them

hope that helped

Yaoi Fan

Savings

(Event) Forum - Hazuki (young)Elsa (L10)(Event) FaceBook - Yukina
    Natori (L10)(S020) YokozawaWicked (L10)
    (S040) RyoumaHakutaku (L7)(S007) Reborn
    There's two possibilities one of which is if someones broken it up into parts as explained above and you just need to download all of the parts to merge it back into a whole. In this case, having seen the download links I believe that's the solution - that you will need to merge the parts together. "HJSPLIT" is another program that can let you merge files back together.

But in case someone else has a similar problem it could also mean that you haven't finished downloading the item properly. For example at the moment I'm downloading the latest chapter of detective conan.

So it creates to files:
    Detective_Conan_c779_DCTP.zip
    Detective_Conan_c779_DCTP.zip.part

The .part section is where it's adding all of the bits that it's downloading which has another 2 mins to go.

If my connection get's disrupted it will stop and leave me with that .part that I can't open.

But if it's able to finish downloading successfully it will automatically delete the .part file and leave it with just the .zip that I can open correctly.

(And sometimes if I'm lucky and it gets disrupted, it can resume from where it left off with the downloading).