aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Miisu (L6)X Classic Italics (Black)Kuro (L6)
    Sebastian (L8)X Classic Italics (Black)Ciel (L9)
    (S021) RikiHeart 1 (Blue)Pray for Japan

Startup takes forever!

I'm having some problems with my Laptop Compaq Presario CQ60-215DX as my start up takes 3-4 minutes after I log in to go to my screen. First it was all black for couple of minutes then everything loaded up.

Sometimes my laptop freeze up to the point where everything is black and only my cursor is showing before it everything came back on again. Few times it can get stuck where I had to turn off the laptop myself. I might have a virus or something, but I have Trend Micro Antivirus where I scan and nothing pops up. Is there anyway for me to check whats up with my computer?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Between Heaven and Hell... probably watching anime!
    Savings

Hisoka (L10)Asami (L9)Kougami Shinya (L8)
    Law (L10)Grimmjow (L10)(S042) Murasakibara Atsushi
    Sonic (L6)Amon Koutarou (L1)Genos (L8)

Ok, try this, in start, in search write msconfig, a square will pop up call System Configuration, select the tab Startup, in there you're going to see all the programs that start running when you turn on the computer, unchecked all the unnecessary programs like Realplayer, Adobe, Yahoo Messenger, after doing that hit Apply , another small screen will show up asking if you want to restart the computer, select yes. I hope this can help, sometimes there are programs that you installed on the computer and without you noticing, it automatically goes to the Strartup list, this means that it will start running as soon as the computer is turn on. You can also check here.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by DangerousAngel View Post
    Ok, try this, in start, in search write msconfig, a square will pop up call System Configuration, select the tab Startup, in there you're going to see all the programs that start running when you turn on the computer, unchecked all the unnecessary programs like Realplayer, Adobe, Yahoo Messenger, after doing that hit Apply , another small screen will show up asking if you want to restart the computer, select yes. I hope this can help, sometimes there are programs that you installed on the computer and without you noticing, it automatically goes to the Strartup list, this means that it will start running as soon as the computer is turn on. You can also check here.
    Does that mean without the NVIDA and the anti-virus program that I'm using. Tried to get rid of most things besides HP and Java but it only decrease time a LITTLE bit

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Between Heaven and Hell... probably watching anime!
    Savings

Hisoka (L10)Asami (L9)Kougami Shinya (L8)
    Law (L10)Grimmjow (L10)(S042) Murasakibara Atsushi
    Sonic (L6)Amon Koutarou (L1)Genos (L8)

You can unchecked Java too, also webcam and printers.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Just wondering, how old is yoru laptop?
    Older computers tend to take longer to boot and this time may extend the older the device gets.
    I had this with my parents computer eventhough I had turned everything off.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Motoko Kusanagi (L9)Kai (L8)Hal (L9)
    Shiki R (L6)Yukimura Sanada B10 (L6)Rokurou B10 (L5)
    TotoroBlack Cat 1Mukuro (L10)

Remove programs from Startup or reinstall Windows, this your best bet.

Yaoi Expert
    Savings

Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1(S041) Izumi

You may also try clearing your computer a little ^^
    Outdated and orphaned registry entries, unnecessary files in your temp folders and almost full hard drives slow down computers a lot.
    I recommend a program like CCleaner or Ashampoo WinOptimizer for removing unnecessary files and registry entries.
    Since your computer is slow on start-up particularly, disabling unnecessary services and programs would help. It was suggested above already to use msconfig, also u can go to>> start>>run>> type: services.msc and disable unnecessary services (but to do this you should recognize all the services there)

About your antivirus... it is always a good idea to scan with two programs if you're suspecting a virus. You may use free anti-spywares like Spybot Search and Destroy and if your os is Windows, Windows Defender is pretty good.

If nothing works formatting your computer would fix this problem.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by KarumA View Post
    Just wondering, how old is yoru laptop?
    Older computers tend to take longer to boot and this time may extend the older the device gets.
    I had this with my parents computer eventhough I had turned everything off.
    My laptop is about to be 2 years old with 1 and a half year old Hard Drive.

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    Maybe it's time to format. Windows gets old, unfortunately.
    You can try to clean your registry to see if you can avoid that.
    Download Registry Life 1.27 Final Free - Free registry cleaning and optimization utility - Softpedia

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

2 year old laptop shouldn't take 3-4 minutes though i wouldn't say it would take much less. But it ought to be around 2 minutes maybe 3 at maximum.

I'll list some options, some of which were already added:
    - CCleaner, a free program to clean up your harddisc, in the extra options you also have a boot section that allows you to disable some on boot programs that are not always listed in the msconfig screen.
    - Open the Windows start menu -> press RUN -> enter msconfig -> which opens a new screen and under start up you can sellect what you want to have booted and what not. Some programs I would keep in the boot section such as your video card. HP it depends of what program you use it for, if it is like photogallery or scanner then switch it off because I know that is a space eater.
    - Registry cleaner, I use RegistryBooster 2 which also functions well when it comes to fixing things. Might be used to delete over extra registry items that you do not need.
    - Discspace, if you have your entire disc full up to about 10 gb left or less then it is logical your computer will take longer to boot.

If it is a virus then I would suggest scanning with Malwarebytes together with yoru usual anti virus.