aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Ren Katakura (L8)Ibuki Takahara (L8)(S013) Akihito
    (S014) KeisukeRyouta Sasamori (L7)Souma Yukihira (L7)
    Jack Frost (L9)Todoroki Shouto (L3)Genos (L8)

Smile Unzipping Password Protect Compress Files on a Mac

Hi all
    With the changing times more and more compressed files like zip / rar /7z etc are now being password protected. So as Mac users we need to do adapt. So please follow these 5 steps to Unzip password protect files on a Mac
    Snow Leopard and prior don't open password protected compressed files by default. So like a PC user we need an app(lication) to do this

So please download Zipeg (currently its free and has no ads and is very compact) - Zipeg - free application to open ZIP and RAR files on Mac and Windows.

1. Install it as per normal i.e. drag it to your “Application” folder and open it
    2. Drag the password protected compressed file into Ziped window
    3. It'll prompt for the password and enter it in
    4. Extract to where you want the files to be and done

So I hope fellow Mac users can gain access to the contents of password protected compressed files.

F
    Last edited by Keita4ever; 01-23-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    oh ..very nice so this is a freeware version of "zip-it" cool ...I use windows myself ..but this is great because zip-it is no longer free .... and I believe in "free" stuff ... grab this while you can ! ...if its free ..it will not be so for very long ....all the good stuff becomes shareware or payware fast ....so not fair!

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

JJ (L1)Mookyul (L8)Nnoitra (L8)
    Xanxus (L10)Rido (L8)Shizuo (L8)
    Alucard (L3)Ichigo (Vizard) (L10)Starrk (L9)
    I don't understand, so what's the different between this and Stuffit Expander or other zippers?

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomi02 View Post
    I don't understand, so what's the different between this and Stuffit Expander or other zippers?
    well.... it(unzip) works super great on a Mac and its totally free and you can add a password on the zipped file
    some of the other zippers do not work on Mac or as a free version limitation can not be pass word protected
    and I believe so far works on all Mac OS versions too from older ones to the newest
    but as always not just your OS but other programs you use will determine what zipper will work the best for "your" machine