aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kamina (L4)Akihito (L4)Grell (L5)
    Asami (L5)Shiro (L2)Norio (L2)
    Randy (L1)Ranmaru I (L1)Al (L1)

Unhappy Files in MacHD, play the game on Windows?

Hi guys!

First off, in my dad's MacbookPro, he's got two hard disks which are Macintosh HD and BOOTCAMP for Windows (since you can use Windows in Mac). (I'm not sure whether they are external drives btw but I think it is?)

I recently downloaded a game off the internet called AuditionSEA, and downloaded the full game client which is about 3GBs.

After downloading, I copy-pasted the file from MacHD to Bootcamp. I tried to open the application file in Windows, but it says something about 'not enough space'. I checked the hard disk information, and it certainly doesn't have enough space. The Bootcamp has about 30+ GBs while MacHD has 80+ GBs.

I thought of deleting some files in Bootcamp, but all that was taking up space was important program files my dad put in, and I don't want to risk myself a lecture if I deleted important stuff.

But, recently, my brother copy-pasted a ripped Left 4 Dead 2 game he got from a friend. The folder had all the files extracted, and he only had to copy-paste a shortcut to launch application into Windows, and he can play it while the files are in MacHD.

So, I was wondering if I could do the same for AudiSEA? Can I extract the files in MacHD, copy-paste the launch game app into Windows and play it? Can I extract an .exe program in MacHD anyway?

If I can't, I might as well download extracted files of the game one-by-one, keep them in MacHD and run the game in Windows?

Thanks!

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Ren Katakura (L8)Ibuki Takahara (L8)(S013) Akihito
    (S014) KeisukeRyouta Sasamori (L7)Souma Yukihira (L7)
    Jack Frost (L9)Todoroki Shouto (L3)Genos (L8)

The brief answer is sadly highly unlikely as your program i.e. the exe is a Windows launcher that doesn't work / launch / start the program in the Mac OS. Where as your brother's video files do.
    So moving forward one of the better option is buying a bigger external HDs which really are very very cheap now.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Quote Originally Posted by hiroshichansama View Post
    Hi guys!

First off, in my dad's MacbookPro, he's got two hard disks which are Macintosh HD and BOOTCAMP for Windows (since you can use Windows in Mac). (I'm not sure whether they are external drives btw but I think it is?)

I recently downloaded a game off the internet called AuditionSEA, and downloaded the full game client which is about 3GBs.

After downloading, I copy-pasted the file from MacHD to Bootcamp. I tried to open the application file in Windows, but it says something about 'not enough space'. I checked the hard disk information, and it certainly doesn't have enough space. The Bootcamp has about 30+ GBs while MacHD has 80+ GBs.
    If the disc is not inside the computer but one in a small metal box or various that is connected with a cable then it is a external disc.
    The thing is external discs can be set up in 2 formats: Fat32 and NTFS.
    Fat32: which I suspect is the set up for the disc has a limit of transfer, so if you copy pasta it is limited to 4gb otherwise it will say that there is not enough space.
    There is nothing you can do about it, you could try splitting your transfer with winzip to packages of under 4gb and copy paste them.
    You also have NTFS: which has unlimited transfer.
    Usually when I buy an external the first thing I do is convert the disc to NFTS, almost all discs you buy are set to Fat32, you can convert it but I do not recommend doing it when you have files on them.
    This is somehting to keep recon with when having an external, if you buy a new one just look under the properties.

Also another keen thing to keep recon with concerning NTFS and MAC, which is such a bugger and annoying thing that Apple does not change, if you have an NTFS disc then standardly a Mac cannot write to such a system. It is quite stupid, but you can find a way around it with a program:

Quote Originally Posted by from another website
    you can install

MacFUSE
    THEN
    NTFS-3G

available at Tuxera - Leading NTFS, exFAT Interoperability on Android, Linux, QNX and more

then you can read and write NTFS