aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur

Savings

(S006) Klaus(S004) TakiKlaus (L7)
    Tetsuo (L9)Youji (L9)Goku (L6)
    Sanzo (L10)Heero (L4)Nezumi (L4)

Firefox crashing. Hard.

Thanks everyone, those who posted and those who PMed me, for all of your help. It took literally everyone's advice (and sympathy) to get me through this. It was a combination of registry errors, incorrect Firefox installation and extension update errors.

I don't know why everyone keeps saying Firefox is easy to use. I've never had this kind of problem with IE. After three years of Firefox, and every month something going wrong with it, I'm going back to IE.

Again, thanks~! You guys are so awesome. I'm so sorry if this topic was discussed before but I couldn't even do a search on here to find it because of how insane Firefox was acting.

This is crazy. I tried googling this crap to figure out what's going on. I tried to enter some pages that had info and I can't enter them. I immediately get firefox's error message:

Mozilla Crash Reporter
    Firefox had a problem and crashed. We'll try to restore your tabs and windows when it restarts.

To help us diagnose this problem, you can send us a crash report.

...I sincerely hope the 25 or so consecutive crash reports they got will do some good. >_< I cannot enter gmail. I cannot enter yahoo mail. I can't download or enter the noscript.net or get ad block plus. I can't even download Internet Explorer to see if this is only affecting Firefox! WTF?!!! I can't do anything. Sometimes while writing this out on wordpad this forum will also crash on me even though I haven't clicked on anything. I hope this post goes through.

I also cannot cut and paste. It takes me several tries. Please help?
    Last edited by Aozi; 01-01-2011 at 07:12 AM.

Yaoi Veteran

Savings

Hibari (L9)Kurama (L7)Goku (L6)
    (S009) HaviMitsuhide SB (L3)Giotto (L10)
    Pain (L10)Tsuna (L10)Byakuran (L9)

If you have a PC, IE should be something that comes with it. Also, if you're using the beta for Firefox 4, that's something that does happen. If not, its just something that messed up in firefox and it will keep continuing to crash until its fixed.

Try using systems restore and restore your computer back to when it was actually still working, then download at least two other browsers besides firefox. That way, if one starts being buggy and almost unusable, you still have others to look to when it comes to correcting a problem.

IE, Chrome, Opera, or Safari could be things to look into.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Dazai Osamu (L8)Asami (L10)Lan Zhan / Lan WangJi (L9)
    Chuuya Nakahara (L8)Akihito (L10)YiLing P. (L9)
    Heart 5 (Red)Kurose (L8)Luffy (L10)

Quote Originally Posted by Aozi View Post
    This is crazy. I tried googling this crap to figure out what's going on. I tried to enter some pages that had info and I can't enter them. I immediately get firefox's error message:

Mozilla Crash Reporter
    Firefox had a problem and crashed. We'll try to restore your tabs and windows when it restarts.

To help us diagnose this problem, you can send us a crash report.

...I sincerely hope the 25 or so consecutive crash reports they got will do some good. >_< I cannot enter gmail. I cannot enter yahoo mail. I can't download or enter the noscript.net or get ad block plus. I can't even download Internet Explorer to see if this is only affecting Firefox! WTF?!!! I can't do anything. Sometimes while writing this out on wordpad this forum will also crash on me even though I haven't clicked on anything. I hope this post goes through.

I also cannot cut and paste. It takes me several tries. Please help?
    I had similar problem with you a few months ago. But, it never happens anymore. It just got fixed on its own. What version of Firefox are you using? Did you try updating the version or is yours already updated? And er... check your extensions. They could be the cause of the crash.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Labrador View Post
    If you have a PC, IE should be something that comes with it. Also, if you're using the beta for Firefox 4, that's something that does happen. If not, its just something that messed up in firefox and it will keep continuing to crash until its fixed.

Try using systems restore and restore your computer back to when it was actually still working, then download at least two other browsers besides firefox. That way, if one starts being buggy and almost unusable, you still have others to look to when it comes to correcting a problem.
    I tired doing as you suggested with the systems restore but it's still like this. I'm sorry if this posts several times though I only hit the reply button twice. >_<
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikaru View Post
    I had similar problem with you a few months ago. But, it never happens anymore. It just got fixed on its own. What version of Firefox are you using? Did you try updating the version or is yours already updated? And er... check your extensions. They could be the cause of the crash.
    Firefox setup 3.6.3. I'm not sure what an extension is. I'll try to find it though. Again sorry if this replies twice or more!

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Dazai Osamu (L8)Asami (L10)Lan Zhan / Lan WangJi (L9)
    Chuuya Nakahara (L8)Akihito (L10)YiLing P. (L9)
    Heart 5 (Red)Kurose (L8)Luffy (L10)

Firefox setup 3.6.3? Well, then. My fist suggestion is to update the firefox to the latest version if it's possible. And the extension is the add-ons. It's in the Tools in your firefox. Hope that helps.

Smile, breath and go slow

Savings

Ayace (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)Canale (L9)
    Emba (L10)MeatBunYuuen (L9)
    (S067) Azumaya Junta(S054) Prompto Argentum(S076) SilverAsh

- First thing you can try is running Firefox with no other application running in your computer: sometimes, depending on the extensions you have, it will take a lot of CPU usage. If it works a bit better that way, try to download an alternative browser

- Second thing, if you have access to another computer, download ans save an other browser exe file on an external drive/support and then upload it n your problematic comp.

When you have an alternative browser, you can then uninstall and reinstall Firefox or try to upgrade it... and also take a chance to go through Firefox troubleshooting >> Firefox crashes | Troubleshooting | Firefox Support to identify more specifically your issue... (You can do that accessing an other computer by the way)

-3rd thing you can do: it is possible that the issue you have appeared after an automatic update of your Firefox. In this case, you would need t restore your system prior to this update. To help you do restore, if you don't know yet, can you provide with your OS? (what system are you using and version)

Some generic information on system restore with windows:
    XP:
    Use System Restore to Undo Changes if Problems Occur
    How to restore Windows XP to a previous state
    Windows XP System Restore Is Easy to Use

Vista:
    System Restore Vista - How to Use System Restore to Undo System Changes in Windows Vista
    How to use System Restore in Windows Vista:
    System Restore: frequently asked questions

Win7:
    How to use Windows 7 System Restore | Windows 7 News
    System Restore Windows 7 - How to Use System Restore to Undo System Changes in Windows 7

I don't now for Mac,but I assume a quick search could provide information...

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    An old version of Firefox, I used to crash a lot also before the updates.
    Go to Help > Check for Updates and let it update.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

That's funny. Something similar happened to me yesterday. I had to reinstall the damn browser.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

@angerbda & Munemasa Katagiri -- Thank you. I've tried all of that last night. Every single time Firefox crashed. Here's an example:
    I went into Help --> Check for Update --> Crash
    Went into Tools --> Options --> Crash
    Went into Help --> Troubleshooting Info --> Crash
    Went into Google --> Firefox update to latest version --> Found a page and tries to access it --> Crash
    Went into Bing --> Get latest Internet Explorer browser --> Found a page and tries to access it --> Crash
    Went into my computer's Help and Support --> Undo my Last Restoration --> and nothing changes. Firefox still crashing.

Will be trying to uninstall Firefox and reinstalling it now. I've tried this yesterday and it crashed but I'm willing to do anything twice or three more just to eliminate human error. I don't have access to an external hard drive. ;_; I will definitely buy one as soon as the sun comes up though.
    Last edited by Aozi; 12-31-2010 at 08:01 AM.

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    Maybe you are using some extension that makes it crash. Did you try to run it in safe mode?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast