aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Katou (L6)Bak Chan (L2)Hijikata HK (L1)
    Urahara (L4)Havi (L6)Lockon (L2)
    Hijikata (L8)Takumi (L8)Tsuzuki (L8)

Problem installing wireless router

My partner bought a Netgear WNR 3500 wireless router. He has been trying so manytimes to install it but it always showed that there was no internet connection or didn't discover any internet connection. Our normal modem is Thomson Speedtouch 516 which we got it through our internet supplier. Sadly that our internet is ADSL. It seems like that both of the routers just not connect with each other. We tried the support which was not very helpful.

So I take my chance here to ask for advice.

Sorry I am also a kind of computer idiot too so please bear it with me. We just didn't want to spend over $150 for something that couldn't be of use.

Thank you in advance for any advice and suggestion.

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Koh (L5)Hibari (L2)Takuto (L5)
    Yamamoto (L1)Sebastian (L6)(S017) Tatsumi Souichi
    Dino (L4)(S030) VirusShougo (L9)

i had a problem with my netgear router as well. what i did was call customer service and they helped me fix it. as it was a few months ago i cant really give a detailed explanation of what they had me do. but it had something to do with changing the security incription from wps to wpk-2 or something like that.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(Event) Forum - Victor NikiforovHeart 1 (Red)(Event) Forum - Yuri Katsuki
    Wing 1 (Left)Yuri Plisetsky (L9)Wing 1 (Right)
    Noeru (L11)Rey (L3)DS_006_right

I had huge problem with instaling wireless net. Even customer service didn't help me (he said to reinstal my system - but it was completly new computer, so I didn't do it). Anyway what I did may seems to be stupid but it worked for me.
    Do nothing just wait till your computer "sees" the net. My comp took his sweet time and was looking for in over 2 hours. Since then (3 years) I had no major problems with internet connetions.
    And make sure your wireless button is on. Mine is so small that I barely found it.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

well what you should do is make sure modem and router stay connected with an ethernet cord and then take an extra ethernet cord and connect it with your laptop. open a browser (internet explorer or firefox) in address bar type in 192.168.1.1 and it will ask for username and that should be "admin" and password and that should be "password". Once you sign in you will be at the router's settings. Make sure your happy with the name you chose for SSID (thats what you named the network) and for security options select WPA-PSK + WPA-PSK2 cause this is security compatible with most ISP and then you can enter in passcode you want. then go to router status and here you should find connection status. at this location you will find the release/renew for your router.since its not working or showing your network then ip address should be all zeros.click release then go to modem and remove coax cable (only cord that screws on and off) then go back to computer click release then click renew and then you can go back on put on the coax cord again.dont ask me why but for some reason after placing cord back on and do the release/renew again this makes the router pick up on the ip address and once you get some numbers up for ip address then you can disconnect ethernet cord from laptop and boom your wireless. I work at a cable company for phone & internet repair so I hear this all day...so good luck!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Chika (L6)Dark Mousy (L7)Akira (L9)
    Ryoma (L5)Daisuke (L10)Sousuke (L5)
    Kakashi (L10)(S002) MisakiMisaki (L1)
    What happens a lot of times also is that when you use the program cd that came with the router to install with, it ask you for login info for your ISP so that it would set the router as a PPOPE, where the login information for the ISP is on the router. Instead the router should be set as DHCP as the login information exist already on the modem to logon to the ISP for internet. Doing this makes it so that the modem and the router are not fighting each other trying to logon causing you to receive no internet connection.