Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Lover
    Chasing after the white rabbit and immortality
    Savings

Sani (L9)Cloud (L9)Stājyun (L9)
    Vincent (L8)Coco (L9)Toriko (L9)
    Zebra (L9)Kabu (L8)Jiji

Faliure to load...a lot of websites.

At the risk of sounding like a computer inadequate moron. I'm going to ask for some help.
    For about 4-5 days, several of my most used sites have failed to load for me. These include :
    www.Deviantart.com
    Zerochan: HQ Anime Image Board

I won't go on with the list.But they refuse to load.(The actually error says "O Internet Explorer não pode exibir a página da Web". Which means "Internet explore can not display this website")

When I had a friend in Australia click them..they work fine for her.But I hardly doubt it can be my country (Brazil).
    I've called my ISP provider, their responds was..."We have no idea , IT MUST BE YOUR COMPUTER". I tried 2 other computer's in the house with the same result. Also cleared my cookies and turned off anit virus + fire wall + up dated all my browsers.Firefox, google chrome and IE.And still fails.
    SO anyone with an idea of what the bloody hell is happening to me please help ^^. Thank you.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Zebra (L9)Kabu (L8)Jiji

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post
    Everytime something like this happened to me, it turned out to be my ISP problem. They even made me reinstall my windows and in the end it turned out their own server was having issue. Have you tried rechecking with them? Usually customer care officers are reluctant to accept fault in services and just brush it off as our comp issue.
    Oh how lovely are ISPS.But I did call them again this morning and I got the same responds.Their telling me I MUST have a virus. OR I MUST have done something wrong to be IP banned. Except...I don't think they'd all ban me at once.

Yaoi Expert
    Savings

Lelouch (young) (L1)

Try this to know if it general or just you to take further actions

Down for everyone or just me?

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Zebra (L9)Kabu (L8)Jiji

Quote Originally Posted by isarah View Post
    Try this to know if it general or just you to take further actions

Down for everyone or just me?
    Oh thank you. But it says some are down for everyone. The rest are just me....*is confused*

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

Hi Brasileiro. Brasileira here too.
    I tested Zerochan and Deviantart, they are loading for me. I use NET, what ISP do you use?
    You said you checked with other computers in the house, are they connected in a network? Do you have a router? Do you use firewall?
    Did you change anything in the latest days?

I had a similar problem some time ago, it was a problem in Embratel.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Flower 1 (Pink)(S033) Iwatobi-chanLove (01)
    Sousuke Yamazaki (L9)For Me (Xmas)Flower 1 (Pink)
    Kisumi Shigino (L9)Rin Matsuoka (L9)Momotarou Mikoshiba (L9)

...I don't know if this helps or just spamming instead, but I once got those messages from every single pages I opened. Turns out that having FoxyProxy installed on Firefox requires me to always check FoxyProxy: Default. If I disable it, it won't work. But I must disable if I want to use my campus hotspot zone.

So yeah...if you don't use Firefox or not having FoxyProxy installed, don't mind this post

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Zebra (L9)Kabu (L8)Jiji

Quote Originally Posted by daniyagami View Post
    Hi Brasileiro. Brasileira here too.
    I tested Zerochan and Deviantart, they are loading for me. I use NET, what ISP do you use?
    You said you checked with other computers in the house, are they connected in a network? Do you have a router? Do you use firewall?
    Did you change anything in the latest days?

I had a similar problem some time ago, it was a problem in Embratel.
    OAO outra Brasileira!!! <3
    I have VIACABO >_> . I've tried about everything I could . The other computers in the house are connect to the same network. We have a router..and it's working fine.The interenet it self isnt lagging or slow .It's just some websites won't load. I havn't changed a single thing in the last week.I hav'nt had the time to do that.

@Edit: Is NET good? I've been thinking of trading to that.But the interenet is only 1 mega...but it's a lot cheaper and at the rate my interenet is going...I might as well save some money.
    Last edited by BlackCoffee; 04-24-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

I´ve been using NET for the latest 3 years, I like it. I have a 4 Mb link. It's really fast but sometimes I have the same problem that you are having, I can't access certain sites. I really think is a problem in Embratel because it fixes by itself, I don't do anything.
    Try another browser to see if works and check the router. A friend of mine had a problem and it was the router firewall that was blocking some addresses.
    Lenka's suggestion about firefox is also useful.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Zebra (L9)Kabu (L8)Jiji

Quote Originally Posted by Lenka View Post
    ...I don't know if this helps or just spamming instead, but I once got those messages from every single pages I opened. Turns out that having FoxyProxy installed on Firefox requires me to always check FoxyProxy: Default. If I disable it, it won't work. But I must disable if I want to use my campus hotspot zone.

So yeah...if you don't use Firefox or not having FoxyProxy installed, don't mind this post
    Foxy Proxy? *Goes off to look* Nope Havnt got it. But I've also tried on other browsers and they also don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by daniyagami View Post
    I´ve been using NET for the latest 3 years, I like it. I have a 4 Mb link. It's really fast but sometimes I have the same problem that you are having, I can't access certain sites. I really think is a problem in Embratel because it fixes by itself, I don't do anything.
    Try another browser to see if works and check the router. A friend of mine had a problem and it was the router firewall that was blocking some addresses.
    Lenka's suggestion about firefox is also useful.
    Oh a 4Mb..Im not sure if the city I live in has that. I'm going to check on monday.I don't even mind about the speed...as long it just loads after some point.
    Did it take long for them to fix it? Because it's been about a week for me and it's getting worse.
    It could be the router..but we havnt touched it in a while.And it's blocking harmless sites.Like Zerochan , Minitokyo and DeviantArt. ...And now I've just checked..all the settings seem to be normal.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Daisuke (L10)Sanzo (L10)Sousuke (L5)
    (S010) Joker(S009) Havi(S006) Klaus
    (S008) Shuichi(S007) RebornKazuki (L7)

If this is a fairly recent change, BC, you may want to give a System Restore a try, to when you last remember being able to access those sites.

If all else that these fine forumers have suggested end up not working, I'd definitely recommend this as something worth trying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast