aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

MS Word Letter Head

Hi all, I hope someone can help me with this very vexing problem

I'm trying to input a letter of application onto an official departmental letter head. I was given the letter head as a blank document and then posted my letter of application onto the blank document.

The only irritating thing is that the letter head appears at the top of EVERY page of the three page document. I only need it of course to appear at the top of the first page of the letter.

When I select View-->Header and Footer, it does allow me to select it, so apparently it's acting as a Header. But I don't know how to get rid of all of them but one (the top one).

Please help if you can!! Thanks
    Last edited by Artemis Moonsong; 02-24-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Teito (L4)Zero (L8)Ayanami (L5)
    Mikage (L8)Kaname (L10)Frau (L1)
    Xanxus (L10)Ritsuka (L7)Soubi (L10)
    follow instruction here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...863231033.aspx or you can just read below (the direction in the link and below is the same, I just copy and paste, however this only apply to Microsoft 2007 navigation bar, for other version, I think they are probably the same)
    1. On the View menu, click Header and Footer.
    2. On the Header and Footer , click Page Setup
    3. Click the Layout tab.
    4. Select the Different first page check box, and then click OK.
    5. If necessary, click Show Previous or Show Next on the Header and Footer toolbar to move into the First Page Header area or First Page Footer area.
    6. Create the header or footer for the first page of the document or section.

If you don't want a header or footer on the first page, leave the header and footer areas blank.

7. To move to the header or footer for the rest of the document or section, click Show Next on the Header and Footer toolbar. Then create the header or footer you want.
    Once you follow that, simply delete whatever is written in the header/footer of the second page --> it will automatically delete everything from second page and up.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Yes, I did see this on another website, and when I tried it, it deleted the FIRST header Which was the exact opposite of what I needed

So what I think I ended up doing was typing the letter up in a blank document. Then highlighting and copying the letter head from the blank letter head document. Then inserting the copied letter head into the document where I typed up the letter, then just deleting it from the second and third pages.

But thanks for your help

Yaoi Addict

Savings

KonSuzuki-sanPochi
    MikageKumaguroLero
    RyukKarupinAomine (L10)

Hi! Actually this should be easy.

On a document, insert a header as you usually would.

Go to Insert > Header > Edit Header (on MS Word 2007 - I think in previous versions this might have been 'header options') Make sure you click the 'different first page option' as mimosa said above.

Now go to PAGE 2 and delete anything inside that header. Basically 'different first page' means anything AFTER the first page will be the same as page 2. So if there is nothing inside the header block of page 2, there will be nothing on page 3 etc.

Remember Word thinks there is a header on every page on every document, it's just not shown on all of them. That means a completely blank header is exactly the same as no header at all.

You'll run into problems if your header has a table, you'll have to delete the table too, otherwise your text on page 2 etc will start really low down - so make sure your header on page 2 really is entirely blank. It then equals a blank page.
    Last edited by WantSome; 03-12-2010 at 02:38 PM.