aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

The abyss after everything, please join me...
    Savings

Shino (L3)Male 1 (Blue)Kiba (L5)
    Spacer 1Loid Forger (L9)Anya Forger (L7)
    Yor Forger (L9)Rick Grimes (L9)Daryl Dixon (L9)

Exclamation New Amazon Kindle DX Digital Book! Oh Yeah!

Kindle<--Anyone have this yet? How does it work for you? Or do you feel it would be of benefit?

I've done some crawling on Amazon and look what I found! Now for authors with digital media Amazon is offering an option to get your book converted to this new tablet. should look up the details I dont have any so I did not look too far into it.

Well what do you guys think?

Total Yaoi Freak
    Savings

Tachibana (L8)(S013) Akihito(S015) Ewon
    Tetsuo (L9)Akira (L9)Ryuichi (L10)
    (S012) Hollow IchigoMurata (L7)Akihito (L9)

I don't have one but I've seen some videos on it..it's fantastic. it can hold thousands of books, download them in seconds and the screen doesn't damage your eyes with bright light.

You can get newspaper, magazine and other updates with the built in wireless/cellphone feature. You NEVER have to plug it into a computer or charge it for days on end. Even if your kindle gets damaged, it can be replaced quickly and if destroyed, all your stuff is stored on amazon for import into your new one.. yeah, i did a bit of reading on it!

Yaoi Fan

Savings

Li Ren Feng (L1)Vincent (L8)Crusnik 02 (L10)
    (S022) IasonBloody LipsRayflo (L8)
    Asami (L5)Iason (L9)Riki (L9)
    I've been seriously considering the DX, it's a little bigger then the regular Kindle but with all the new techology coming out should I wait... Apples has this iPad now and I her HP is going to have their own version but Amazon has tons of manga and yaoi now, I have a feeling those products won't have what I want. Maybe eventually, still Amazon seems the way to go.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Shiki R (L6)Saber (L10)Ayase (L8)
    Ai Enma (L8)Yuuki (L9)Soubi (L10)
    Rukia (L10)Xmas (013)Pray for Japan

Quote Originally Posted by DamonsGirl View Post
    I've been seriously considering the DX, it's a little bigger then the regular Kindle but with all the new techology coming out should I wait... Apples has this iPad now and I her HP is going to have their own version but Amazon has tons of manga and yaoi now, I have a feeling those products won't have what I want. Maybe eventually, still Amazon seems the way to go.
    About the iPad, I read a lot about it, and it seems it's just another gadjet. It is not useful. It is missing a lot of things, such as the Flash player, and other than that, is a lot similar than the iPhone (I think). The tactile keyboard ain't the best thing, and for someone who really wants to access Internet, a laptop is the best (you can do MUCH more). For those who wants to read digital books and such, the Kindle is the way to go. It's created for THAT purpose, and as said in the first post, it is much more simplier!

To conclude, iPad is not a revolution, just another Apple's ugly and useless product. I am anti-Apple. And since Amazon has a ton of products (and a ton of mangas... I buy them all on Amazon), it is to take into consideration. I don't know if there is mangas in the digital shop for now, but if not, they will surely take it into consideration, don't you think so!?
    Last edited by SpiritOfTheWinds; 01-31-2010 at 03:07 PM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

An Ipad does not come close to what a kindle is meant for. Ipad is basically your oversized Iphone without a call function and will cost you a lot more, you consider buying an Ipad then you might just throw in some extra bucks and just buy your Macbook Pro, that will do you a lot more good than the stupid Ipad (seriously Apple must have had too much trouble and Steve Jobs certainly looks as if he has too much cash in his life to make bad business).

If you still want to buy an Ipad.. then just buy the HP TC 1100, it is another Ipad thing from HP, has a lot more functions and is def cheaper since it was manifactured in 2003 (after 7 years Apple brings something out that doesn't even match HP's specs it is fastly more advanced than the Ipad)

Lastly, and back on topic lol
    I own a Sony Ereader Touch, I chose that over the kindle (mostly cause Amazon and me do not match..). I am very pleased with the Sony Ereader but I will tell you that this market is growing, I had another one that I had my eyes set onto that was in color but it was being first released in the US only (in a year in Europe) and would come out in these upcoming months (I didn't like the wait). I chose the Sony one over Kindle not only cause I hate relying on the Amazon store for my books, but also because I prefer Sony over it as a brand

Here a nice article about Sony vs. Kindle
    Sony's E-Reader vs. Kindle: 5 Reasons Amazon Should Worry - PCWorld

As long as the device can hook up to my PC and I can download manga/novels to it as .pdf files and read them without problems I am happy
    Last edited by KarumA; 01-31-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Yaoi Fan

Savings

Thanks Spirit and KamruA for the advide. No, not interested in the iPad at all. I'll check out Sony Reader. I actually had the Barnes and Noble one, the Nook on order then cancelled the order because after checking out their library B&N didn't have much, the Kindle you just go to Amazon and pull up the Kindle library and there are so many mangas you can download right in to it. I even typed in yaoi and a list of 135 just like that. The other one when I typed in yaoi I got just one, that was it. Sony I'll check out but right now I'm trying to decide if I want the Kindle2 or the DX.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

The big catch with the Kindle is that Amazon can delete your purchased books off of it without your consent--and have already done so to some customers in one well-publicized case.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

The abyss after everything, please join me...
    Savings

Shino (L3)Male 1 (Blue)Kiba (L5)
    Spacer 1Loid Forger (L9)Anya Forger (L7)
    Yor Forger (L9)Rick Grimes (L9)Daryl Dixon (L9)

Quote Originally Posted by eliddell View Post
    The big catch with the Kindle is that Amazon can delete your purchased books off of it without your consent--and have already done so to some customers in one well-publicized case.
    Hnn... Is it necessary to only purchase books off Amazon for the Kindle? For example I have Barns & Noble free e-book reader on my desktop.. and on my Iphone, I have no issues with B&N so far.

Would I be able to add my ebooks from B&N to Kindle?

Yaoi Fan

Savings

Amazon can just delete them

Can you save them on your computer where you can put em back on later or convert them to a pdf to print out? I'd think if you purchased them they'd be yours to do as you please. That is definately something I'm going to check out.

Thanks eliddell for the heads up

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Shiki R (L6)Saber (L10)Ayase (L8)
    Ai Enma (L8)Yuuki (L9)Soubi (L10)
    Rukia (L10)Xmas (013)Pray for Japan

Quote Originally Posted by eliddell View Post
    REALLY? Wow, that's so ***! As said below, I hope the Kindle works with others' books and that we can backup them. If you break your Kindle (example), it would really s**ks that we have to buy them again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast