aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Yoruichi (L9)Heart 4 (Rainbow)Soi Fon (L8)
    CalciferCatbusJiji
    NyankoHaku (Dragon)Takashi Okumura (L8)

Twice Blue screen

Twice when I've logged into my computer a few minutes into getting onto the internet it has went to a blue screen with a bunch of words talking about system crashing and a number is counting something saying "gathering data for crash". I take my battery out and reboot my laptop and once it made me wait like twenty minutes for it to start up properly saying it needed to recover data to start before the last problem occurred. Than today I went to log on and it did it again, but this time it booted right up with no wait. Is this a virus or is it something I should take my computer in to be looked at?

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

No, blue screen is never a virus
    blue screen happens when something internal in your computer itself fails (hardware) or in te most important parts of windows there is a fault in the coding (which only happens if someone edited those parts by hand)

have you done anything new with your computer, installed anything new that goes beyond its limits, put in new parts?
    how old is it? Is it a laptop or a desktop?
    If you start up your computer/laptop does it get very warm underneath?

I don't have much experience with blue screens, I'll have a look to see if there's anything around to check your hardware with

usually bluescreens mean that something in your hardware is dying or needs to be replaced or it might be due to too much dust in your computer that causes overheating

list everything up, I'll have a look around
    Also usually a blue screen gives a code, do you have time to write it down or is the reboot too fast?

I think it is a hardware case, unless you went and fooled around in the registry which I don't think you did =P

edit:

I rolled onto google, it seems that this problem in most cases is due to a defected chip
    If I were you I'd check if I still had warranty on that laptop and send it over for repairs, that is the best you can do
    Last edited by KarumA; 01-18-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

CalciferCatbusJiji

No I didn't fool around in the registry, though whenever my norton cleaner goes and repairs things it says that their are 11 missing registry keys? But its said that since May of last year. I purchased this toshiba laptop new in september of 2008.

I haven't let the blue screen finish doing the countdown before I pull the battery out and start the computer back up. Maybe I should? I think it said a bunch of numbers but I didn't write them down.

The only things I have downloaded to the computer within the last couple weeks is anime/manga and pics.

My computer doesn't get overly hot and the only thing I notice it doing when it starts up is the dvd player makes huge amounts of noise if i leave something in there.

If its something I have to replace guess I will have to take it to my best friend once he gets back from his convention and have him open it up and take a look. T-T

thank you ^-^ I will go check.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

the DVD sound is a normal thing, my computer does the same
    The computer realises something is inside and because it has a bootcd function it will first check if the CD inside is a boot disc (which is a CD with a program for repairs for windows or a linux CD that will load before you get into your operating system). The sound is merely checking

may I ask what hardware you have? video card and motherboard specifically

Your friend should better take a look, if it isn't overheating then it is most likely or RAM, video card or motherboard. Read many cases in which it was the video card where the user couldn't connect online without blue screen of death unless in safe mode, they wouldn't have internetz but they wouldn't crash that quickly

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

CalciferCatbusJiji

I'm not sure, I think its a video card. Thank you so much for all your help and advice.

I swung by bestbuy and my warrenty is good till next year so I'm going to backup everything at home (cause I'm not willing to give them 100 dollars to do it) and let them do a diagnostic. Since I'm almost positive its not a virus or malware that caused this and like you said my friend thinks something inside the computer is failing and they will send it back to the company to fix. Unfortunately it will take 3-6 weeks T-T . I may die without my computer.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

no problem and good luck
    it is better to wait 3-6 weeks without having to pay than to wait 3-6 weeks and be quite some cash lighter