aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Lover

Savings

Naruto Sage (L10)DS_002_(2)topmidHeart 5 (Red)
    DS_002_(4)bottomleftKyuubiDS_002_(6)bottomright
    Mugetsu (L8)(S043) Ijuuin Kyo(S050) Akashi

Writing/drawing tablet

I've been thinking for some time now of getting a tablet for my computer but I don't know which one is good enough.

Aipek's SlimTablet 600U Premium II and Genius' PenSketch 9x12 have the software I need. However, both have batteries in their pens which I've heard make them feel clumsy. PenSketch is also a bit out of my price range and hard to get in Sweden.

I have also looked at some Bamboo tablets from Wacom, which have the advantage of not needing batteries for their pens, but there doesn't seem to includ the software I need.

What I want is a tablet that has Handwriting Recognition and that I can use to write notes, handwritten comments in word, handwritten e-mails etc. If I drawing program would be included that would be nice to but I primarily plan to use it for writing.

Does anyone have any suggestions tablets I should take a look at?
    Do you have any comments for the tablets I have mentioned, do you know if they are any good?
    Last edited by Trasirshall; 12-30-2009 at 08:57 PM.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Zack (L10)Konoe (L2)Cecil Aijima (L10)
    Rai Lamento (L9)Okita (L9)Kamui (L7)
    Valdrigue (L8)Akira TnC (L9)Aoba (L12)
    Hi there. I've been using a tablet for around three years now, and out of all of the ones I've tried, my favorite has always been a wacom tablet. This company has it's own website, and many different tablets in many different sizes to suit your need. I haven't seen one with the batteries in the pen, but there may be some.

Also, the type of tablet that I use I'm not even sure if they make anymore, but there are plenty of types here
    Wacom Products

That would be my opinion. I know people have different tastes. Hope that helped.

Ah, I just realized where you live. I'm not sure if they deliver that far, but it's worth a try. Also, you can see what type you like and see if you can find it on any sites that deliver to you. Sorry if that's an inconvenience.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by wintersxXxtale View Post
    Hi there. I've been using a tablet for around three years now, and out of all of the ones I've tried, my favorite has always been a wacom tablet. This company has it's own website, and many different tablets in many different sizes to suit your need. I haven't seen one with the batteries in the pen, but there may be some.

Also, the type of tablet that I use I'm not even sure if they make anymore, but there are plenty of types here
    Wacom Products

That would be my opinion. I know people have different tastes. Hope that helped.

Ah, I just realized where you live. I'm not sure if they deliver that far, but it's worth a try. Also, you can see what type you like and see if you can find it on any sites that deliver to you. Sorry if that's an inconvenience.
    I've heard that it is a favourite. Unfortunately, only the small/medium tablets of the Bamboo series are within my price range and they do not have the software I mentioned I needed.
    Last edited by Trasirshall; 12-30-2009 at 09:12 PM.

flaming tbag!

Savings

Masamune (L10)Heart 3 (Pink)Yukimura SB (L10)
    Masamune (chibi) (L2)Yukimura Sanada (chibi) (L2)Kojuurou (chibi) (L2)
    Shiroyasha (L9)Fayt (L1)Steve Rogers (L9)

I'm not completely sure with the Bamboo tablets - however, my Wacom Intuous had the option of downloadable drivers with Handwriting Recognition software included. I believe all Wacom tablets have this option. You could certainly write to Wacom and ask, through their website. I'm sure they would be glad to assist you.

Sorry I can't tell you anything about the other two you linked.. I've only used Wacom and one very cheap tablet long long ago (don't even remember the name). Having a battery in the pen is a little clumsy, but I don't find it to be enough to interfere with simple handwriting, unless it's a huge battery (like a triple or double A). Most come with lithium batteries (like a watch battery), and that really doesn't add any weight.
    Last edited by fataltea; 12-30-2009 at 09:20 PM.

scary momma set addict

Savings

Shihoudani (L4)Illumi (L9)Makishima Yuusuke (L7)
    Kasamatsu (L7)Masrur (L8)Hiko Seijuro (L10)
    Suzuya Jūzō (L8)(S046) Kogitsunemaru(S064) Toono Takashi

i think wacom is adding that handwriting feature to all their products with their driver updates.

I have a wacom graphire 4 and when I originally got it, it did not have the handwriting recognition, but when I updated my driver for it a few months ago, that option was there.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by fataltea View Post
    I'm not completely sure with the Bamboo tablets - however, my Wacom Intuous had the option of downloadable drivers with Handwriting Recognition software included. I believe all Wacom tablets have this option. You could certainly write to Wacom and ask, through their website. I'm sure they would be glad to assist you.

Sorry I can't tell you anything about the other two you linked.. I've only used Wacom and one very cheap tablet long long ago (don't even remember the name). Having a battery in the pen is a little clumsy, but I don't find it to be enough to interfere with simple handwriting, unless it's a huge battery (like a triple or double A). Most come with lithium batteries (like a watch battery), and that really doesn't add any weight.
    I'd like to have the Wacom Intuous but even the smallest version it's way too expencive in Sweden.

Actually, I think the batteries might be AA or AAA.

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wintersxXxtale View Post
    [...] Also, the type of tablet that I use I'm not even sure if they make anymore, but there are plenty of types here
    Wacom Products

Thanks for the link. I had some trouble finding my way on their site, don't know why, but I found a rather interesting version that wouldn't be too expensive for a poor student like me called Bamboo Pen. The Seller I talked to today couldn't have known much about tablets 'cause be said Bamboo didn't come with any software or any of the features that I wanted, but it does! I'm really happy now. It's even cheaper than the other tablets I were looking at and I found it in Swedish online-stores.

Bamboo Pen is only available in size Small though, and has only 512 pressure levels compared to the 1,024 pressure levels the other tablets in that series have.
    Is there a very noticeable difference between 512 and 1,024 pressure levels?
    Last edited by Trasirshall; 12-30-2009 at 10:37 PM.

flaming tbag!

Savings

Masamune (L10)Heart 3 (Pink)Yukimura SB (L10)
    Masamune (chibi) (L2)Yukimura Sanada (chibi) (L2)Kojuurou (chibi) (L2)
    Shiroyasha (L9)Fayt (L1)Steve Rogers (L9)

Quote Originally Posted by Trasirshall View Post
    That depends on what you're planning to use the tablet for. If you're using it primarily for writing, then no, I would say the difference between those would not be noticeable. If you're planning to use it for drawing, digital painting, etc, then yes, the pressure levels could be very noticeable.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Zack (L10)Konoe (L2)Cecil Aijima (L10)
    Rai Lamento (L9)Okita (L9)Kamui (L7)
    Valdrigue (L8)Akira TnC (L9)Aoba (L12)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trasirshall View Post

Thanks for the link. I had some trouble finding my way on their site, don't know why, but I found a rather interesting version that wouldn't be too expensive for a poor student like me called Bamboo Pen. The Seller I talked to today couldn't have known much about tablets 'cause be said Bamboo didn't come with any software or any of the features that I wanted, but it does! I'm really happy now. It's even cheaper than the other tablets I were looking at and I found it in Swedish online-stores.

Bamboo Pen is only available in size Small though, and has only 512 pressure levels compared to the 1,024 pressure levels the other tablets in that series have.

No problem on the link. Glad you found something.

And it really depends, are you using your tablet mainly for writing purposes? If so, then most likely not. If you're using the tablet for drawing, or anything of the sort, then it could make a fairly big difference.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Nuriko (L6)Riku (L8)Zack (L10)
    Zack (L8)Kurama (L7)Ryo Ohki
    Axel (L4)Cecil (L1)Link (L8)

your best bet would be wacom - i had the aipek before and they are...not that great.

Believe me the money is WORTH it.

when i switched over to waccom - i nearly came on myself at how smooth and perfect and sensitive my lines came out to be <3

but if you're using to write and not draw then aipek would be better - because it's for that really and you can get drivers. Although waccom is great with pen pressure...LOL

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(S022) IasonLegion (L7)(S021) Riki
    Kaito V (L8)Yuhto (L4)Dick (L4)
    Nanjo (L1)Izumi Z (L1)Frankenstein (L2)
    As a Wacom user for YEARS, I have to say that I would highly suggest Wacom's products. They aren't just easy to look at, they are technologically built for what they do best for artists, designers and photographers---they draw naturally. I have NEVER been a user of small sized tablets because I feel they restrict how much space i need to draw.

Here's a little pressure guide:
    Bamboo/Graphire: 512 points of pressure
    Intuos 3 (and assuming earlier versions too): 1024 points of pressure
    Intuos 4: 2048 points of pressure

Crazy huh??
    Recently, my Intuos 3 went to Wacom heaven, but I am upgrading to an Intuos4, I'm pretty excited to get it~ Though I still prefer the penshape of Intuos 3 because of the long grip. <3

Now, as for performance, like fataltea said, it depends on what you plan on using the tablet for. If you are an artist like me, the more pressure the better. Preferably, a tablet that has a working area of 6x8 is better than a 4x6, especially when you prefer to work large like me~ Generally, it doesn't matter what size it is but it helps you out a lot when you like to move around and like to work more freely/liberally.

I would suggest a photographer to go with graphires and bamboos because they don't need the pressure sensitivity. Typesetters and type artists don't need a lot of pressure either.

Artists, I would suggest Intuos 3 generation or upgrading to Intuos 4 for their smoothness and slickness in Photoshop or any other painting program. Being able to have absolute control is essential.

I don't know if you are on a big budget or a small one but I highly suggest to stay away from cintiq (from wacom) the first generation has a lot of bugs and dead pixels and has a shitton of wires/hardware that comes with it so until they fix these issues, go with USB hardwire tablets!

I hope this helped!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast