aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Oikawa Tooru (L9)Heart 2 (Red)Hinata Shōyō (L8)
    Chris Yuu Takigawa (L6)Heart 1 (Blue)Sawamura Eijun (L6)
    Pride (L1)(S016) Takano(S012) Hollow Ichigo

Photoshop Text Tool Not Working!

My text tool all of a sudden stopped working on me. How exactly? When I start typing, the cursor doesn't move and everything I type is not coming up visible, but when I click on the layer palette, it shows what I've typed, but it doesn't show up on my graphic! What do I do? Help please! This is frustrating

Erotic Devil
    Oh man, this happened to me before. I dont remember how I did it but I do remember doing a quick google search on the problem.

I dont remember how I did it but maybe it got something to do with the color mode?
    RBG Color > 8 bit

Or was it the resolution?

And, you're sure the font size should be visible? And, your layer is not overlapping the text layer?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Erotic Devil View Post
    Oh man, this happened to me before. I dont remember how I did it but I do remember doing a quick google search on the problem.

I dont remember how I did it but maybe it got something to do with the color mode?
    RBG Color > 8 bit

Or was it the resolution?

And, you're sure the font size should be visible? And, your layer is not overlapping the text layer?
    Yeah I'm sure, because I do the text last and I couldn't see a thing I tried googling the problem and they said to do alt+ctrl+shift when opening PS to reset the settings, but it didn't work! At one point, I zoomed in and the text was like micro-small! but then at a few other times I zoomed in to see the text, they weren't letters at all! When I typed, it all came out to be like gray+white squares O_o I even tried doing the "actual pixel" thing. I don't know why this happened out of nowhere because it was the third sig I was working on (the other ones came out fine) and finally when I got to the text, I found it didn't work!

Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Kurogane (L10)Nezumi (L8)Kotetsu (L2)
    Fye (L10)Sion (L4)Barnaby (L2)
    Asano Katsuya (L9)Germany (L1)Italy (L3)
    This happened once to me too. What I did was create a new file and then I changed the resolution (in that pop-up where you can chose the size and stuff). the resolution was really low compared to the actual size of the file, I changed it to '100' pixels and that worked for me.

Yaoi Supporter
    How about, where I'd LIKE to live..? Far far away, in the BL bishie land..~? :3
    Savings

Soubi (L10)Loki (L9)Sebastian (L10)
    Alucard (L10)PikachuCrusnik 02 (L10)
    TARDISDS_002_(6)bottomrightDalek
    Happened to me too.. <.<

I worked on a set with some effects and then the text wouldn't work.. I didn't exactly know how to fix it. I just saved the file in png/jpg, re-opened it and edited the text then. Worked fine.. o_O

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

America (L5)Flower 1 (Pink)England (L3)
    Vietnam (L10)Flower 1 (Pink)Taiwan (chibi) (L10)
    Poland (L10)Spain (L3)Hungary (L8)

It's the resolution. Go to Image > Image size. Then on the resolution box type 100. The sizes you chose for the sig will change (on the top part, same window) but all you have to do is type the size you want again. And voilá!
    Hope it helps^^

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Thanks Yuri-chan! It's working so far!! I hope that fixes it for good and stays like that now *phew* now I'm relieved.

(and thanks to Yuu_chan since she gave similar answer XD)

Also, big thanks to everyone who tried to help me!