aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    yaoifan777

How can I open these Bl Games on Mac?

I have been trying to open the two games mentioned below but it has not been very successful. I tried them on Mac and even on Windows Vista before.

Seikai Houretsuden
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f156/t...en-fanbox.html

Jackin
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f153/t24805-jackin.html

Here's what it looks like.

I extracted the files and the results that I got for "Jackin" was that a folder was created and when you open it there's another folder. You open that and it shows you a file with the .ccd format and another with the .img format which I cannot open.

As for "Seikai Houretsuden", an .iso file was created. Once you double-click on that, It gives you two folders. One that says "DIR" and another that is named "WIN".
    On the "DIR" folder it gives you a number of files with these formats: .cxt, .dxr
    On the "WIN" folder it shows a file that says GAME.EXE and something that reads INSTALL.EXE

Does anyone know how to get past this?

Thank you for any suggestions!

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

1. You're not going to be able to play Windows games on a Mac without special software.

2. The .iso and .ccd/.img files that you have are disc images. To use them, you'll need to burn them to a CD (or DVD, if they're DVD images), or mount them using a program such as Daemon Tools.

3. Read the FAQ--it's there for a reason.

yaoifan777
    Thank you for your reply!
    I have tried burning them on a CD but I'm not sure what to do after that.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

You have to burn them in a specific way, not just as standard data CDs--look for an option that says "burn CD image", or similar, in your software (depending on what you're using you may still have a problem with that ccd/img formatted game, though--.ccd is CloneCD's proprietary file format, and not universally supported by other software). However, unless these are Mac games (there are a very few of those, or so I'm given to understand), you're also going to have to set up a Windows-compatible environment before you can do much of anything with them--the "special software" link in my earlier post gives a list of ways you may be able to accomplish this.

yaoifan777
    I tried to do it myself with a CD and this is what it looked like.

"You inserted a blank CD. Choose an action from the pop-up menu or click Ignore".

Choices:

Open Finder
    Open iTunes
    Open Disk Utility
    Open other application...
    Run Script...

I went with the first one because it was already chosen.

Then I opened what said "Untitled CD" on the desktop.

I was not sure whether to add the files specifically or add the whole thing. I tried doing them specifically, such as .img, .ccd, .iso

After that I clicked the Burn button on the top right of the folder. Unfortunately, it says that the files are too big to burn on a CD.
    Last time, I tried using a DVD and that seemed more effective in accepting the files. Although, I didnt know what to do after that because nothing else really changed.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Chances are that you just burned a data DVD. Apparently, this is the procedure to correctly burn an iso image on Mac OSX. It's possible that you might also be able to mount the iso image from the command line without burning it, but I'm not confident in my ability to walk you through that process.

yaoifan777
    Thank you! I will give that a try and see how it works out

yaoifan777
    I followed the instructions exactly and burned the .iso file into the disk but it opened the same way as it always did. It just gave me .cxt, .dxr, .exe files which my computer does not open. There is even a folder that has pictures in it, apparently from the game, yet none of the characters or any of the yaoi scenes.

Thanks for your time and it's okay if you dont have any more ideas

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

First of all, one thing I should have caught at the beginning: one of the threads you got your downloads from is titled "Seikai Houretsuden Fanbox", and I can't determine from a quick skim of the available information whether this is the entire game or just an add-on. If you're not sure either, I'd suggest asking down in Game Spot what the difference (if any) is between ". . . Fanbox" and just plain "Seikai Houretsuden".

Secondly, did you follow up on the first point in my first post and install WINE or some other emulation or virtual machine software? (The easiest way for you to install WINE is probably through Fink, since it will take care of a lot of the fiddly details for you.) Without it, the vast majority of BL games aren't going to run on a Mac.

Thirdly, about that ccd/img disc image: there are three ways you can maybe turn it into a format you can use.

1. Simplest option: Change the extension on the .ccd file to .cue and the one on the .img file to .bin and try burning it that way--the file formats are similar enough that this sometimes works (use a reburnable CD/DVD medium unless you need more coasters, though).

2. If you can get Fink running, use it to install ccd2iso and try using it to convert the image (change the extensions back first). Again, this doesn't always work.

3. If you can get Fink and WINE running, your options will expand vastly, as it will make a number of Windows-based conversion programs available to you.
    Last edited by eliddell; 12-01-2009 at 03:49 PM.

yaoifan777
    Thank you!
    I havent been able to try that yet but I will soon.
    One thing that I did try was changing the extension but it doesnt seem to work.
    I will try to download that software if I can find it and if it is compatible with my computer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast