aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Thread: ps2 emulator

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ai Enma (L8)Grell (L5)Undertaker (L6)
    Sebastian (L6)Okita (L9)Pray for Japan
    Lelouch (L3)Ciel (L5)Sebastian (L8)

ps2 emulator

hello! not sure if this is the right place to post this question but would like to ask if anyone can recommend a ps2 emulator to download?? thanks! ^_^

~lionel~

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(S061) Setagawa MasahiroHeart 4 (Rainbow)(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba
    (S055) DoumekiHeart 1 (Red)(S056) Yashiro
    Tsuyukusa (L9)Doumeki STWH (L9)Gray (L9)

Well already download a lot of emulators and I must say any works -_-
    At least with good games, like sengoku basara and KH or any good game and so, just the old ones like mario and so -_-
    If you want those any works *sigh*
    Of course for PC....<<
    Maybe you can buy PS2 since they are really cheap ^^

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

There is only one workable PS2 emulator in existence right now, and that's PCSX2. Follow the directions on the site to install it . You'll need a pretty powerful computer to run it properly, though--it's a real system hog. If you can physically get your hands on the games you want to play, I would follow HokaHoka's suggestion and shell out for an actual PS2--secondhand ones really are pretty cheap, and you don't have to worry about finding a copy of the BIOS that way.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ai Enma (L8)Grell (L5)Undertaker (L6)
    Sebastian (L6)Okita (L9)Pray for Japan
    Lelouch (L3)Ciel (L5)Sebastian (L8)
    thanks so much!

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Sougo (L7)Dino (L4)Makoto Tachibana (L6)
    Aoshi (L1)(S035) HisokaAyame (L4)
    Makoto Tachibana (L10)Spacer 1Spacer 1

Quote Originally Posted by eliddell View Post
    There is only one workable PS2 emulator in existence right now, and that's PCSX2. Follow the directions on the site to install it . You'll need a pretty powerful computer to run it properly, though--it's a real system hog. If you can physically get your hands on the games you want to play, I would follow HokaHoka's suggestion and shell out for an actual PS2--secondhand ones really are pretty cheap, and you don't have to worry about finding a copy of the BIOS that way.
    it seems it's not working for me...do you have another suggestion?

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any other PS2 emus that will run actual games--just a few projects that were abandoned at the proof-of-concept/demo-running stage. Be glad there's even one working emulator, since its contemporary the Xbox still doesn't have any! If you can't get PCSX2 working, my advice is to ask for help either on their forums, or on a general emulation site like ngemu or zophar.net. Or bite the bullet and buy either a pre-modded PS2, or an ordinary PS2 and some disc-swapping software (I'm assuming you're like me, and barely know one end of a soldering iron from the other). I can't give you any more help than that--I play my PS2 games on an actual PS2, and keep an eye on the emulation scene out of academic interest only, so I would barely even know where to start troubleshooting.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Star 1 (Yellow)Naruse (L5)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Konzen Douji (L5)Heart 1 (Red)Goku (L6)
    Dark Mousy (L7)Usa-chan/BunnyAoi Kaji (L9)
    Quote Originally Posted by tenshi_no_akuma View Post
    it seems it's not working for me...do you have another suggestion?
    Just want to make sure: did you get a copy of bios in addition to the emulator? Because the emulator will not run without a copy of bios~~

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by eliddell View Post
    Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any other PS2 emus that will run actual games--just a few projects that were abandoned at the proof-of-concept/demo-running stage. Be glad there's even one working emulator, since its contemporary the Xbox still doesn't have any! If you can't get PCSX2 working, my advice is to ask for help either on their forums, or on a general emulation site like ngemu or zophar.net. Or bite the bullet and buy either a pre-modded PS2, or an ordinary PS2 and some disc-swapping software (I'm assuming you're like me, and barely know one end of a soldering iron from the other). I can't give you any more help than that--I play my PS2 games on an actual PS2, and keep an eye on the emulation scene out of academic interest only, so I would barely even know where to start troubleshooting.
    hhmmm...but do you have any idea where i can download ps2 games , burn them and play them on the ps2??? im totally confused on the emulator....i give up

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Star 1 (Yellow)Naruse (L5)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Konzen Douji (L5)Heart 1 (Red)Goku (L6)
    Dark Mousy (L7)Usa-chan/BunnyAoi Kaji (L9)
    Quote Originally Posted by tenshi_no_akuma View Post
    hhmmm...but do you have any idea where i can download ps2 games , burn them and play them on the ps2??? im totally confused on the emulator....i give up
    Just want to remind you that you cannot play burnt copies of games on unmodded PS2s. You'll need to either mod it or buy a modchip I believe~

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Shikumo View Post
    Just want to remind you that you cannot play burnt copies of games on unmodded PS2s. You'll need to either mod it or buy a modchip I believe~
    actually my ps2 can read burn dvds ^^;; when i bought it, they already mod it ^^;;