aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Itachi (L10)Loki (L9)Rufus (L9)
    Sasuke (L10)Loki (L10)Edward Kenway (L8)
    Claude (L10)Connor Kenway (L8)(Event) Forum - Tatsumi Souichi

what's the difference between the photoshop products?

Hi,hope it's the right section for this...

Here's my question,last week,I saw different versions of photoshop and before to buy one,I need help to choose...

Can someone explain me what's the difference between photoshop CS3/CS4 and photoshop element 7?

Can we do graphics with photoshop element?

Thanks

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Usami (L2)TimcanpyWish
    MikageSuzuki-san(S002) Misaki
    Misaki (L1)Usami (L2)
    I sugest you buy Photoshop CS 3 adobe released the whole Cs4 pacage to early and as far as i know the customers havent been pleased with the result, so far cs3 is more reliable but they are ofcourse producing new updates to strengthen CS4.

Yaoi Veteran

Savings

Imagase (L8)Iwaki (L9)Iason (L9)
    Kyouichi (L8)Katou (L9)Riki (L9)
    Kurosawa (L4)MadaraSword (L7)

photoshop elements is a simplified version of the pro-photography editing program from adobe. its focus is mainly on editing digital photographs, for non-professionals. it's very limited, though.

if you're looking for a program suitable for graphics imaging, or digital painting, then photoshop CS3/CS4 is the one you're looking for. it's a more general program where you can also edit your photographs, but you can also draw and paint with it. it has more tools, layers function, etc. and save your work into various file types.

i'd recommend CS3 over CS4 though, since CS3 is more stable and easier to use than CS4.

YaoiLuver31
    someone told me there is no differnce..theres just upgrades
    i was like then whats the point O.o i have no idea

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Nowaki (L3)Usami (L2)Misaki (L1)
    Hiroki (L4)Miyagi (L5)Shinobu (L6)
    Mikami (L3)
    Myself i have CS3 and im very happy with it ^^ i make my own siggies avi's and walls and *cough* am kinda proud of them.
    i think CS4 would be somewhat more expanded but more people use CS3 i guess.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

photoshop elements mainly targets people who want to privately and easily edit their photos.
    for basic graphic editing it should do. depends on your plans.

photoshop targets the advanced and curious, with a great amount of functions for digital artists of various kinds. for example digital painting.
    it integrates very well with other adobe products.

and i also recommend to stay away from cs4. it's known not to be worth the trouble compared to whatever improvements.
    from experience i can say that even cs2 is still fine, and cs3 has good critics overall.

as for the upgrades... maybe, just maybe they should work on the product itself instead of focusing on the security. i doubt making the product so unstable that no one even wants it "for free" is a good aim
    'nough said.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Soubi (L4)Ritsuka (L4)Suzuki-san
    Haruki Nakayama (L10)(Event) Forum - YashiroLiHuan (L3)
    YuYang (L3)
    yeah, I had started working with photoshop CE a few years ago and now I'm totally dedicated to CS3, it's just so wonderful *______*
    CS4 is new ..really new so it is really problematic, but as it seems it won't be long until they release CS5 XD

I agree that PS Elements is not really professional and really limited

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Heine (L5)TimcanpyRin TnC (L1)
    Souji Mikage (L1)Badou (L5)Aoba (L2)
    Kubota (L4)Nano (L5)Gunji (L6)
    CS4 Extended has some interesting tools for doing textures for 3D and slightly different controls. I personally like CS4 more than CS3, but I also use a tablet. Several of the differences I've noticed are things that make it easier if you already know how to use photoshop and are using a tablet. Even then though I haven't noticed too many changes with the basic tools. I have been having issues getting CS4 to accept the official plugins that let it read camera raw though. Then again, as others have pointed out new often equals buggy.

It all depends on what you want to use it for I think. Many people treat Photoshop like the end all be all of computer illustration for instance. Even though there are other programs that are better depending on your style and the medium you're attempting to imitate. Illustrator for instance, which is another adobe product, is amazing for fine line work and digital inking. It's also great for print since it's all vector and you don't need to worry about scaling issues.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(S053) Victor NikiforovRamen 1Yuri Katsuki (L7)
    Strawberry Cake 1Xmas (006)Strawberry Roll 1
    Xmas (014)Xmas (009)Nyanko

yes you can do graphics with element7 but limited like they said...I'm trying to get me A CS3 for free
    I use element 3 btw

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Itachi (L10)Loki (L9)Rufus (L9)
    Sasuke (L10)Loki (L10)Edward Kenway (L8)
    Claude (L10)Connor Kenway (L8)(Event) Forum - Tatsumi Souichi

Sorry for the late...
    Thank you very munch for your help everyone I finally decided to choose CS3 as you suggested and as moon_child said,CS3 is more stable and easier to use^^ (especially that I am a beginner )

@Mauw:you can be proud of your graphics maybe I will be able soon to make my own sets

@Vizard:Hope you will be able to find your photoshop CS3 for free