aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Not Working... Help!

Hey! Thanks for your time to write out this guide. I'm still having trouble installing this though ;-; Daemon interface was updated, so it looks different and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. A few steps were different for me, but at the end I got to the point where when I opened the installation tab it would have an option saying "start game" and I had the .exe for the game. But when I try and open it, no matter what I do, it just won't.

Can you help me out? Thanks, not sure if this post is still active though lol

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by atsukoiya View Post
    Hey! Thanks for your time to write out this guide. I'm still having trouble installing this though ;-; Daemon interface was updated, so it looks different and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. A few steps were different for me, but at the end I got to the point where when I opened the installation tab it would have an option saying "start game" and I had the .exe for the game. But when I try and open it, no matter what I do, it just won't.

Can you help me out? Thanks, not sure if this post is still active though lol

Even if the thread isn't active, it never hurts to ask. ^^ Welcome, atsukoiya!

Anyway, the guide on the front page is actually a little outdated... Daemon Tools no longer is the same (as you've noticed), and it actually doesn't work the same, either. Some ISO's just won't work at all with it (I had Togainu no Chi not work at all for me).

Lamento not starting can be from a couple of reasons, (such as the game not finding the DVD for anti-piracy checking or your System's Unicode Locale isn't set to Japanese...) but to narrow it down it'd help to see what the files look like. ^^ Could you post a screenshot of your Lamento folder?

If you're curious, here is another step-by-step guide for installing Lamento, broken down into individual steps:
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...ml#post4349789

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hey! Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it \0/ I'm having trouble with screenshots, my computer recently isn't taking them, rip. But I have the exact copy and paste of whats in the lamento folder right now.
    boot.iso
    Lamento - BEYOND THE VOID-DVD (it doesnt open! the swirly loading cursor comes up but nothing happens)
    LAMENTO_DVD (iso)
    LAMENTO_DVD (mds)
    LmtDVDVer101
    LmtDVDVer102
    and the japanese notepad textblock containing the passcode.

is this what you need?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

okay nitro lets you purchase the game for windows 10 for almost 40 dollars. if i buy the game is their a way i can get the english translations on it? or is that a lost cause? i never downloaded the game before and i have windows 10.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by atsukoiya View Post
    Hey! Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it \0/ I'm having trouble with screenshots, my computer recently isn't taking them, rip. But I have the exact copy and paste of whats in the lamento folder right now.
    boot.iso
    Lamento - BEYOND THE VOID-DVD (it doesnt open! the swirly loading cursor comes up but nothing happens)
    LAMENTO_DVD (iso)
    LAMENTO_DVD (mds)
    LmtDVDVer101
    LmtDVDVer102
    and the japanese notepad textblock containing the passcode.

is this what you need?
    It's a start! XD It's fine. ^^ It seems easier to start over with a fresh install of Lamento, and I've prepared a step-by-step guide for you to follow here:
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...ml#post4349789

Hope that works for you! It's all broken down into bite-sized steps, and it should all be easily accessible! o.o

Quote Originally Posted by cgarner318 View Post
    okay nitro lets you purchase the game for windows 10 for almost 40 dollars. if i buy the game is their a way i can get the english translations on it? or is that a lost cause? i never downloaded the game before and i have windows 10.
    Yup! If you purchase the "Windows 10" version of Lamento, the translation group that made the English patch have made a special version of the English Patch JUST for that version of the game. ^^ It's marked as "win10" in their
    patch folder:
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f16/t1...h-release.html

^_^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yup! If you purchase the "Windows 10" version of Lamento, the translation group that made the English patch have made a special version of the English Patch JUST for that version of the game. ^^ It's marked as "win10" in their
    patch folder:
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f16/t1...h-release.html

^_^[/QUOTE]

ok i got it but im confused how to install the game i followed the instructions from the link you send but the set up wizard is different.
    the folder has this:
    folder of .rsrc
    data file called .data
    data file of .rdata
    .rsrc_1 data file
    .text data file
    configertation sett up called 0x0411
    winrar archive data 1
    winrar archive data 2
    issetup.dll
    layout,bin {bin file}
    the lamento icon but with set up
    setup icon
    and some japense text notepad file

if this sounds confusing i'll try to get my phone to work but for now i have no way to screenshot
    i have the winrar and zzip along with the cloud virtual mounting thing.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by cgarner318 View Post
    ok i got it but im confused how to install the game i followed the instructions from the link you send but the set up wizard is different.
    the folder has this:
    folder of .rsrc
    data file called .data
    data file of .rdata
    .rsrc_1 data file
    .text data file
    configertation sett up called 0x0411
    winrar archive data 1
    winrar archive data 2
    issetup.dll
    layout,bin {bin file}
    the lamento icon but with set up
    setup icon
    and some japense text notepad file

if this sounds confusing i'll try to get my phone to work but for now i have no way to screenshot
    i have the winrar and zzip along with the cloud virtual mounting thing.
    Hello there! o.o

I honestly don't know what those files are for, but they don't look like the original Lamento's... Is this maybe the Windows 10 version...? Did you buy it?

The Windows 10 version may have a different installation method.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yes it's the official windows 10 one I have no idea how to installing since it different from one that's torrented or the ones the guides talk about. I got it from the official nitro chiral site that linked to the my dmm games I tried looking up how to download those games but it appears there isn't any guide to do it. I'll put some screen shots of what I'm talking about in the next post to show why it's different I got my phone to work now

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

lameto folder start.jpg
    1.this is what the start up looks like then i clicked the set up attached to the little lamento icon

set up starto (2).JPG
    after clicking set up the wizard set up popped up just like the ones on the guide thing
    wizard set up part 3.jpg
    this part of the screen was not included in the directions so i was playing around with it but to no avail i might be missing something
    wizard set up part 4.jpg
    sometimes this action box would pop up not sure what it means tho
    set up last part.jpg
    then this pops again and when i click the N thing it just goes away and nothing happens

i wonder if other people had the same problem downloading it on windows 1O

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

okay got the game to start and play i realized i just didnt follow the directions correctly in instal lpart i will try to work the patch then. i already changed the locale to japnese prior to installing btw but i think my folder is different from yalls so not sure if itll work

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast