aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Zechs (L7)Enjouji (L2)Yuuri (L2)
    Akihito (L4)Allen (L4)Van (L4)
    Asami (L5)Gwendal (L5)Naoe (L5)

Installing games and playing them on Mac: Help!

So I downloaded a game on my Mac and opened it up. The opening sequence began, then the main menu came up. I clicked on the Start Game icon, which was in English and then another menu came up, and I just clicked around. After click around many times and finally clicking on the right one, I think, a small "story" with text in the text box is shown to me. It's VERY short, and it's all still images. I don't believe this is is all there is. I mean, I've seen stills for the game, etc, etc. I've seen on other threads that you have to load "images" or something like that. But these instructions are for Windows users. I believe I have to do something along the same lines, possibly, but I'm not sure.

So, getting down to it, what do I have to do to really play the whole game? I downloaded Love Song, and in the folder, there's only a "Read Me" file. I don't see any other files. I've clicked around and around on the menu but haven't found another other scenes. There's only that one, which plays, finishes and then takes me to the credits page.

Any help would be appreciated. With the game, or general installation of a Mac game. For any that are curious, I am on a Mac OS X 10.3.9.

Thanks in advance! And I apologise if this doesn't belong here or if it isn't a suitable question.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Daisuke (L10)Sanzo (L10)Sousuke (L5)
    (S010) Joker(S009) Havi(S006) Klaus
    (S008) Shuichi(S007) RebornKazuki (L7)

No you are fine, this is the right place.

I have just one question for you, are you sure you downlloaded the full game? I know that most have little demo's out there...you may have mistakenly picked up one of those. ^^ (I know, dinky thought but who knows.)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

You know, I have no idea. I downloaded it from a forum on here. From the last poster which had the file uploaded on one of those free file servers.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Hiroki (L4)Heart 1 (Blue)Usami (L2)
    Kanou (L8)Heart 1 (Red)Ayase (L8)
    Usami Akihiko (L9)Asato (L9)Suzuki-san
    If it is from here then the problem is likely you(rs).
    May I ask, is this your 1st Game you ever install?
    Also does your Mac supported Japanese?
    If so, did you switch it into Japanese?

Which game did you Downloaded?
    Are you installing directly with Daemon or what?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Sukisho View Post
    If it is from here then the problem is likely you(rs).
    May I ask, is this your 1st Game you ever install?
    Also does your Mac supported Japanese?
    If so, did you switch it into Japanese?

Which game did you Downloaded?
    Are you installing directly with Daemon or what?
    Yeah, I'm thinking it's on my side. I PM'ed the poster either way, to ask.

Anyway, yes, this is my first Japanese game I downloaded on my Mac. I've installed other games before, but I never downloaded them. They came from CD's, so it was easier, because I had instructions. With downloadable games, I am kind of lost on how to "install".

Yes, my Mac supports Japanese. I don't need to switch. I just make sure Japanese is my second default language. So my computer automatically reads it when it comes up.

I downloaded Love Song (although I'm not sure if I even downloaded the Mac version. I e-mailed the poster on more clarification on that. Either way, it DOES work, but it seems incomplete).

I have no idea with Daemon is. Sorry.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Hah, that may be the problem,
    games here on the forum are raw,
    try using http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t2...me_faq_--.html

You have to mount the game 1st on either CD or use Daemon (virtual DiskDrive) to play it.

Hope that helps and I'll be honest, most PC games are made for Window purposes. (wink wink)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hah, that may be the problem,
    games here on the forum are raw,
    try using http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t2...me_faq_--.html

You have to mount the game 1st on either CD or use Daemon (virtual DiskDrive) to play it.

Hope that helps and I'll be honest, most PC games are made for Window purposes. (wink wink)
    Thanks for the link. I have read that thread many times over, but the instructions are for Windows computers, so it won't help me.

I don't know how to mount a game on a CD or using Daemon. The instructions only help people with Windows computers, not Mac, so it doesn't help me. And I don't think Daemon works with Mac.

And yeah, I know most Japanese games are Windows only compatible. But...there's this list of games I was looking at and what computers they were compatible with, and there were quite a few that worked on Mac. So the one's I've been asking about are the one's that have Mac counterparts. Honestly, I would suggest people who put the games up for download to specify if the game is for Windows or Mac or both. Because there ARE Mac games out there.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Well your best chance now is to download a burning image tool that works for MAC and burn the images into the disc. Though, if the game itself doesn't support Mac then you are out of luck.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Well your best chance now is to download a burning image tool that works for MAC and burn the images into the disc. Though, if the game itself doesn't support Mac then you are out of luck.
    Well, thank you anyway. I did PM the poster and I have yet to receive a reply. Lets see how it goes.