aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    I have a question, Konamechan.

What happens when you TRY running the Installer? Does nothing happen at all or are there any error messages...?

Also, do you know if your System Locale Language for non-Unicode programs is set to Japanese? This is NOT the same as System Location.

In Win 10, type "Region" into Cortana search bar. Select the first search entry, then in that "Region" window, click on the "Administrative" tab, and then in the "Language for non-Unicode programs" section, select "Change system Locale..."

Make sure that's set to "Japanese (Japan)", then restart your computer (important!).

I got the installer working on my Windows 10 laptop, and managed to get the Version 1.2 glitch pack working. And then I installed the English patch.

The game works 100% for me. Could you tell me more about your computer, and the issue you're getting? You say you have the same problem, but I don't know what that problem is... ^^;;;

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

When I try running the installer, nothing happens at all :c My cursor even shows it's busy like it's going to open something but in the end it never does. I tried as adm and not-adm too, I waited and nothing happens.

I checked the System Locale and it is in Japanese :c I've changed it for DMmD and never changed it back.

In the end, the problem is that nothing actually works :c the pop-ups for installation doesn't open. Not the original installer.exe, not the glitch 1.2 patch (the only thing it does is put more files in the folder but the blue screen that shoud follow never does) and the eng patch says I don't have anything installed.
    My notebook is a Win10 64 bit (an i7 - 5500U), I managed to get Kuro no Tsuki working but Silver Chaos is being a huge pain.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you download the game from? I'm thinking of trying all downloads again :c

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

I got mine from Eroge Games about 3-4 years ago. I don't suggest going there without AdBlock and some heavy-duty anti-malware protection, though. Just in case.

I'll try downloading the ones you tried, and see how they compare to mine to see if they're any different. Maybe I can save you the trouble by sending you a file directly, instead of forcing you to goto the place I mentioned.

EDIT: Unintentionally, I now have three different versions of SilverChaos installer. One from Eroge Games, one that was randomly on my HD, and now I just downloaded Riceruka's. They're all identical. Downloading from Eroge games won't help at all. x_x;;

Are you running any anti-virus programs by any chance...?

I do have a last-ditch suggestion, and it involves installing a program called Sandboxie.

What Sandboxie does, is it runs programs in a "protected space". Meaning that it'll block any outside interference from things such as Antivirus checkers, or weird DLL's that cause conflicts.

It'll also keep things contained within it's protected space, so if you use it to browse the internet, it'll keep Spyware from installing and things.

I used to use it a lot when programs wouldn't install (like you're experiencing), because absolutely NOTHING happened. For me, it was typically a DLL conflict that you'd never know unless you tried something else.

http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?DownloadSandboxie

It works in Windows 10, now, too. Install it, then restart your computer.

Afterwards, find the program you want to run in "Sandbox" mode (In this case, the installer for SilverChaos), then Right-click on the program, select "Run Sandboxed", and it -SHOULD- start. This isn't a 100% it WILL start, just it SHOULD.

If it doesn't start, Sandboxie will tell you what the problem is. I used it to install DMMd, as I had some weird crap going on with InstallShield at the time, and it wasn't starting at all. Sandboxie helped me around it.
    Last edited by Kojichan; 03-02-2016 at 01:26 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

It does make sense that my AV (Norton, by the way) would interrupt my attempts, since I think he flipped me off today when I tried another VN.

I, however, have been defeated, for not even Sandboxie install in my notebook. It just gives me this annoying ''NSIS error launching installer" and I cannot bear to listen to the error sound anymore.

I have tried:
    a) installing Sandboxie from the downloads folder
    b) installing it from the desktop
    c) installing it from freaking Documents
    d) tried adm mode
    e) tried non-adm mode
    f) disabled Norton and Norton's firewall for 15 minutes

g) meanwhile downloaded Sandboxies versions 5.10 All, 5.10 64b, 5.08 64, 5.06 64 and 3.60 64 just to try and see if any of them worked in compatibility mode (no dice)
    h) updated the windows
    i) also tried downloading from Opera, Firefox, Chrome and IE then repeated steps a to g but nope
    j) also tried downloading from other sites...?? but the file was the same so nope

I'm not even mad, I'm just sad I don't know what the problem is and that the program that could tell me doesn't install either /:
    In a fit of desperation I tried running the installer.exe from desktop (hadn't tried that before) but so far nothing's happened. Might edit later if it works.

Anyway, Kojichan, thank you so so SO much for all your help, attention and tips ;_; I hope these new SilverChaos files don't bring you any trouble! I can't think of a way to ever repay you for all your kindness (╥_╥) <3

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

mein gott, norton.

I've got a suggestion. Uninstall Norton (unless you paid for it, then kinda waste, but) because Norton is not a good AV. It's really intrusive and resource heavy. (But then, just a suggestion)

There are tons of good free AV there like Avast or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. I use Avast, Win 10, no problems at all in installing BL Games (I've got working copy of Silver Chaos and the Fanbox)

Also, maybe the problem itself can be OS? Some corrupted files? Can you run cmd.exe as administrator and type "sfc/scannow"

This is system file checker, it will check the integrity of the windows files. It will also check whether some component is corrupted, such as the service for opening the wizard.

EDIT: Ah, the NSIS Error thing, searched for it, can be resolved by opening it on desktop... for some reason. Try it for Silver Chaos too. If it does not work, rename the set-up to any name.
    Last edited by monokuroe; 03-02-2016 at 05:15 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I... did pay for Norton ;_; ,,,, But in 6/7 months or so my signature will be over then I can try it (it's okay because I'll be in college so it'll be over fast </3)
    I scanned my computer but nothing came up. I REALLY have no idea what could be going wrong. HOWEVER, when I was trying to download dmmdre: some stupid error also kept happening and then one day it suddenly downloaded. Who knows, might happen again.
    I tried downloading Sandboxie from desktop and recently tried the installer.exe for SilverChaos as well but as usual, nothing happens. I'm out of ideas llsjdasgglçkfda
    But thank you for the help, monokuroe <3

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Huh.

Downloading problems with DMMd:Re? There's a version that does not need an install somewhere in the net if you can't still install.

But, what kind of error? Your net working properly? I'll keep throwing ideas if you don't mind. One possible source is that the download is corrupted.

If sandboxie does not work, have you tried disabling Norton for a bit? Also, about sfc, did it say no integrity violations? If so, then OS is okay. Its either one of your programs on the PC/Laptop (If net is working properly, possibly Norton is blocking it.)

Can you post screenshots when errors appear?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

What it sounds like, is it sounds like Windows 10 has LOCKED all folders, preventing you from downloading/installing things.

I saw someone else who had this problem. Yours might be related, so it might be something to do with User permissions and Microsoft OneDrive. x_x; And it doesn't matter if your account is "Administrator", because the default "admin" account in Windows 10 is not the Admin account. There's a hidden super-admin account that has uber access. Windows 10 is a real butthead.

What happens, is that ANY folder cannot be written to (Sometimes only one folder works). That means if you try to save anything anywhere else, you'll get issues. If you try creating a folder, or a file elsewhere, it'll give you errors that don't make sense. The error messages aren't even relevant so they can't help in detecting the issue.

This can happen with BOTH fresh installs of Windows 10, and upgraded (From Win 7/8) versions as well. This is especially frustrating, when you had existing content on your old Windows install, and upgraded, and now you don't have access.

I have two possible solutions to try:

First is to try fixing the user permissions. I don't know if Norton's decided to piggy back in on this or not, but here:
    Solved Windows 10 says I don't have permission to save anything. - Windows 10 Forums
    (For "affected folder" Try the downloads folder, or a folder on your C:\ drive that you use to install games. Like if you have a C:\Games\ or stuff.)

Second, try disabling OneDrive:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...0-7863e40d9576

As it turns out, your issue isn't game related any further. x_x;; Stupid Microsoft. This is why I refuse to fully upgrade my Windows 7 computer at the moment.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

ALRIGHTY I HAVE SOME EXCITING NEWS.

First, @monokuroe, for dmmdre: I managed to install it after some time, though I'm not sure what the problem was, but it's done so I'm glad!
    As it turns out, you and Kojichan were right: Norton IS the problem. I found this thread and it says that Sadboxie is not supported by Norton, so every attempt was going to fail anyway. I did try desabling Auto-protect and Firewall but the same error kept coming. So I assume as long as I have Norton, I won't be installing Sandboxie any soon.

@Kojichan: that's really upsetting to hear. To think everytime some download goes wrong I'll have to make a whole process just tires me BUT I've tried your first solution and iT ACTUALLY WORKSSS
    The installer.exe opened and I now that the game installed in my notebook aaaaa actual tears streaming down my face rn
    I'm going to finish the installation and I'll edit this post later to let you all know. Thank you so so much, both of you ;_; I did not expect this problem to take such proportions but I'm grateful I had such smart people to help me overcome this trial. I hope to be as helpful someday ;u;

Edit: Nevermind, solved the game.ini problem!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Konamechan; 03-03-2016 at 12:04 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Oh wow! That's super good news to hear. I'm glad that worked for you. Sorry about Norton. But it's another lesson, so we can use this example to further help other people... ^^

I hope you enjoy Silver Chaos, and don't forget there's a fanbox, as well!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415