aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Lan Zhan / Lan WangJi (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)YiLing P. (L9)
    (S029) Charles J. Chrishunds (Charley)(S027) Usami Akihiko(S028) Fushimi Saruhiko
    Loki (L10)Skull 1Tony Stark (L9)

Question: I'm trying to get silver chaos and the english patch that's available - but it says in the thread that I must install the full game (600mb) first. Most of the links from the Silver Chaos thread are for something around 400-ishmb, only one with 600mb (which is with rapidshare links - I can't use rapidshare). So I am wondering what's the difference between the 600mb and the 400-ishmb ones?

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)(S019) TinkleWing 1 (Right)
    Spacer 1Heart 4 (Rainbow)Spacer 1
    Luffy (L10)Sanji (L9)Ace (L10)

For Sawwie-chan: I've downloaded this one (HERE). It's only one file of 442 MB not splitted. It fully works with the patch! I hope I've helped you

MrsProngs

Burning PS2's with Alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by bsbartgurl View Post
    i'm pretty sure this was the game that i had to have my clock set to japanese time in order to play.

I've got a question, anybody know a good emulator that works with the kyou kara maou ps2 game that was uploaded. I haven't gotten one to work.
    XD *I had to set my clock to Japanese time in order to play* <--seriously? I have to try that. ^^

And at the same time to all those who are struggling with PS2 games:

If you have Alcohol, then you should have no problem as PS2 games should have quite the similar files to PC's ( .cue, .ccd etc..., but they often have the files .bin <---don't you dare burn them. It should be the .cue that goes through the burning process. And after burning hundreds of PS1 games there should be no problem in me saying that ^^), but anywho when burning with the Alcohol Image Burning Wizard you can select from your disc type which kind of disc you want it to burn ! (I don't know what it's called, dealing with Finnish version of Alcohol!) but I'm guessing you have the disc type set on Modified or something of the same meaning ---thingy . Select PS2 from the list and check that you have selected your Image file, burn it and pray the Kami of burning discs that it comes out of your drive okay.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Can't burn CDs

Okay, so I have been trying to burn Togainu no Chi to a CD with Alcohol 120%...
    But every time I try to do it, the program tells me that they can't find the file.
    I tried the image file search and found the file, put it on the list... and it's still telling me that it can't locate the file. > <;;

Can someone please help me with this? I need to move my games onto a disk because they're taking up so much space on my laptop > <

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

(S021) RikiAsano Katsuya (L9)Kadaj (L8)
    Akira TnC (L9)Squall (L6)Seishirou (L2)
    Takuto (L5)Testament (L8)Rufus (L7)
    kainegi: I've never got Togainu to play off a cd either. If I was in your situation, I'd burn all the images files to a cd, then have Daemon Tool mount off the cd when you want to play. Never tried mounting off a disc but it's worth a try. If you're using a DVD, you could put multiple games on it ^__^

lillibet4

messiah

I've downloaded Messiah, unzipped (well, unrarred) the files and seem to have a .cue and .bin file for each disc. I didn't seem to need to join the files before unzipping them. I've gone through all through the translation guide on the forum and included the agth and atlas and my system is set in Japanese. The first .bin file mounts fine on magicdisc (Alcohol120&#37; had a fit about file type and Daemon Tools seemed to object to Vista...). When I opened the disc before I added the agth it would open fine to a menu but it was all in gibberish because I hadn't set my system to japanese. Anyway, the file seems to work.

Now when I try to run the game through the shortcut that includes agth in the target I get an error message:
    CD-ROMから直接起動することはできません
    Unfortunately, my Japanese isn't quite good enough. I can decifer the kanji in bits but I don't know what the sentence says as a whole - I know it says it's unable to do something!

Given that the disc loaded before, can you tell me what's wrong with it now and how to fix it? I'd like to be able to use agth if at all possible as it'll take me forever to read it all otherwise!

Also, the second disc seems to be much smaller than the first and was having issues loading. Is the disc supposed to be smaller? If so then it's just a problem at my end.

Thank you very much for your help,
    lilli

p.s. Despite the lack of game, so far I've learnt a lot about computers, software and japanese so not a wasted weekend!
    Last edited by lillibet4; 01-27-2008 at 02:31 PM.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

lillibet4: I know Messiah doesn't need the be mounted to play I so it can't be a "Please insert the CD" message. I ran it through the excite translator and the message says "It is not possible to start directly from CD-ROM."

What does the target of the shortcut you're running say? Mine for Messiah says:
    "F:\Program Files\AGTH\agth.exe" /kf1:200 /ks3 /c "F:\Program Files\CORE\MESSIAH\MESSIAH.EXE"

F is my second hard drive, not a virtual or CD drive

lillibet4

more messiah

Thank you very much for an incredibly rapid response.

This is what I've got in the target of the shortcut "C:/Program Files/agth/agth.exe" /c "K:/MESSIAH/MESSIAH.exe". Bizarrely it would only work if the slashes were forward slashes. C is obviously my main hard drive but K is a virtual one - I take it this is wrong? And what are these bits: "/kf1:200 /ks3"?

If Messiah doesn't need the disc to play then does this mean I need to use the discs to install it in the first place? As you can probably tell, I never play computer games on disc and in english let alone image files/BL games/in japanese!
    Last edited by lillibet4; 01-28-2008 at 04:23 AM.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

lillibet4: You need the disc to install Messiah but you don't need it when you're playing the game (some games, like Togainu no chi, need the CD to play). You need to point the K:/MESSIAH/MESSIAH.exe part to the exe file that's installed on your real hard drive, like in program files on your C drive. Right now you're telling it to run off the CD (your virtual K drive).

/kf1:200 /ks3: That's part of the method for getting Messiah to work properly with AGTH. All the tricks are hiding in the translation tools thread [ here ]

lillibet4
    Once again thanks for the quick response. So, I need to install the game from the disc before I can play it and the shortcut with agth added is a shortcut of the game once it's installed on my hard drive and should contain the added bits with all the ks in...

If I want to install the game do I just need to run the .exe file on the disc? (That is the disc image in the virtual drive) Given that there are two discs do I presumably run disc 1 and then disc 2?

I'm sorry if the questions have already been covered elsewhere - I did try searching the forum first but couldn't find anything on this directly. As you can probably tell, I'm completely new to games of any sort...Thanks very much for the suggestion of the excite translator, it's great once I worked out which way round things were being translated. You probably already know it, but the livedoor translator is supposed to contain four times as many symbols (I speak with all the authority of someone quoting another person's review page...). Thanks again for the help, I'm incredibly greatful,

Lilli

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast