aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Dramatical murder reconnect: Can't restart routes

Ok so I find myself in a hilarious position, but I really do need help.

I've been trying to help my little sister with getting DMMD Reconnect to work on her laptop for 3 days now.

We've been able to install the game fine, set the system locale to japan, ect...

But when we open the game, all of the routes are already at the end, despite there being 0 saved data.
    We have no idea how to restart the routes because of this, or where the game is even getting this data from.

Please help!!! I've not been able to find anyone else who's had this issue before. Did we install the game incorrectly?

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Shepard (L1)Star 1 (Yellow)Shepard (L6)
    Wing 1 (Left)Legion (L7)Wing 1 (Right)
    Garrus Vakarian (L10)Star 1 (Silver)Thane Krios (L7)
    Hello Ghastly,
    How was the game installed? If it was a compressed folder with all the game contents already extracted, it might be from someone else's completed game and the save data could be in one of the folders. That's my first guess.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

yes it was a zipped folder with all of the game contents. Do you have any idea where I might find the folder with the completed game data assuming that's the case??
    No matter what file we download (including the official purchased game) it does the exact same thing

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Were you able to play the game with the routes being at the end? Do you mean to say all the routes are available to play or all the routes cannot be played? From the description of the game on VNDB, it mentions that Reconnect "offers ending afterstories of the endings of the original game." Maybe that means you have to start playing and it'll then lead to the new stuff.
    I don't actually have the game files so I can only guess at where potential game data is saved: either in one of the folders in the game's directory, or in one of the C:\\Users\YourUsername\AppData folders under the game's name. Try playing the game and saving to see if it generates a new save folder in the game folder or if it modifies an existing folder.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Cheremonda View Post
    Were you able to play the game with the routes being at the end? Do you mean to say all the routes are available to play or all the routes cannot be played? From the description of the game on VNDB, it mentions that Reconnect "offers ending afterstories of the endings of the original game." Maybe that means you have to start playing and it'll then lead to the new stuff.
    I don't actually have the game files so I can only guess at where potential game data is saved: either in one of the folders in the game's directory, or in one of the C:\\Users\YourUsername\AppData folders under the game's name. Try playing the game and saving to see if it generates a new save folder in the game folder or if it modifies an existing folder.

Hello Cheremonda, I am the little sister who's been trying to get this game to work!
    I looked in the %appdata% folder and yes there is a folder. However there is no data in it. I have tried deleting this folder multiple times where the saves go and it 'restarts' the game so to speak, but when the game starts it still puts you at the end for all the characters. Even though there are no saved files at all (that I can find).

You can enter the good and bad portals and it will take you to the last section of the game for each character, the good and and the bad end.

I tried to uninstall everything to do with the game, and bought the official downloadable game but the weird thing is it took me right back to the end again! it's very confusing...
    I have to assume there is some file stored somewhere that stored this data and I have no clue what it could be...
    When you play the game for a bit it does generate new saved files though. If you delete the folder completely it just recreates a new one, and if you leave the folder as is it still goes to the same place and puts the new files there.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Hi @Anon25,
    This looks like the save folder is being generated properly when the game starts, and the folder being empty means there hasn't been any saves placed in it.
    From what you've described with how the Good and Bad portals start, it probably means you have to just keep playing the game even if it looks like you started from the "end" of either the good or the bad end.
    My guess is that if you keep playing, the actual new stuff will show up, because Reconnect looks like it is continuing from the endings of the main game, so perhaps it starts the game from those same endings.
    Try playing the game for a bit (like proceed and click and keep going even if it looks like it started from the last section of the game for each character). Let me know if it shows something different afterwards!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hi Cheremonda!

You are correct! seems I was confused...I see that reconnect is supposed to simply be the extended endings! Therefore the game is working as it should ahah,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to try and help us out