aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Nie no Machi patch 2.0

Hello,
    I have a download of Nie no Machi that I would like to update with the official patch. I have followed all of the instructions (√ZOMBILiCA|ユーザーサポート|贄の 修正パッチ), however the patch file won't run, not giving me an option to modify files saying that "Nie no Machi is not installed" (インストールされていません). Any idea why that could be happening?
    I don't really know what to look for but here's the info that might be useful: The main game runs just fine. The files are placed in the folder directly on the desktop, so I suppose that does not count as 'installed'. There are no Zombilica or Nie no Machi folders in Program Files and Program Files (x86), save files are in Documents. No trace in Appdata either.
    How do I fix it? Any ideas?

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Shepard (L1)Star 1 (Yellow)Shepard (L6)
    Wing 1 (Left)Legion (L7)Wing 1 (Right)
    Garrus Vakarian (L10)Star 1 (Silver)Thane Krios (L7)
    Hi milka121,
    Have you checked to see if there were any options to select the location of the Nie no Machi game folder? You could also try putting the patch contents into the same location as the game and try running it.
    Potential other causes:
    1) the patch could be searching for the game in a specific location, so you can try moving the game to that directory (like having the folders listed by company name and then by game name, and placed in one of the common installation locations you've mentioned)
    2) the patch could be searching for registry values for the game installation, meaning that you'd probably have to install the game with the game installer; since even though the game files can work by itself, if the game wasn't installed by the installer, there might not be any registry values for the game.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you for the advice! Unfortunatelly I don't have the original installer, but I will try out the other suggested things. Again, thank you for your time!

dvs
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello, I wonder if you have figured out how to apply the patch. I have the same problem as you. I don't have the installer, the game itself works fine. But it seems that the patch requires an "installed" game, so I can't apply it.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Same;; Even when the patch is in the same folder with the game... It still displayed "not installed".

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

From researching thru other web Anon said to overwrite the files from the patch folder to the game folder, but bad news. All safe files will be reset. So... have to start from scratch again

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by milka121 View Post
    Hello,
    I have a download of Nie no Machi that I would like to update with the official patch. I have followed all of the instructions (√ZOMBILiCA|ユーザーサポート|贄の 修正パッチ), however the patch file won't run, not giving me an option to modify files saying that "Nie no Machi is not installed" (インストールされていません). Any idea why that could be happening?
    I don't really know what to look for but here's the info that might be useful: The main game runs just fine. The files are placed in the folder directly on the desktop, so I suppose that does not count as 'installed'. There are no Zombilica or Nie no Machi folders in Program Files and Program Files (x86), save files are in Documents and my location. No trace in Appdata either.
    How do I fix it? Any ideas?
    I understand that you are experiencing issues with updating Nie no Machi with the official patch. It seems that the patch file is not recognizing the game as installed. Since the game files are placed directly on the desktop and not in the Program Files or Appdata folders, it might be causing the issue.

To fix this, you can try moving the game files into a dedicated folder within Program Files or Program Files (x86). Then, run the patch file again and see if it recognizes the game installation. If the issue persists, you may need to reach out to the game's support team for further assistance.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Senge Iori (L4)Tsurumaru Kuninaga (L8)Zero (L4)
    Blood Dupre (L3)Rena (L4)
    Quote Originally Posted by kola View Post
    From researching thru other web Anon said to overwrite the files from the patch folder to the game folder, but bad news. All safe files will be reset. So... have to start from scratch again
    Thank you! This worked!

For anyone who needs more help: Extract the files from the patch file, then go to the patch folder, open it, and copy paste all the folders in there to the Nie no Machi folder (where the game is installed). If it asks to over-write some files, let it do it.

You will know you did it right because you game name will change to 贄の町 version2.00, and the first screen (the warning message) and the home menu will look different. So basically, no need to RUN the patch file per se, just take the files and copy paste them.