aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Home stretch: Togainu no Chi

Okay, so I got the gibberish to go away with the english patch, but right after the animated intro or w/e. There's a prompt in gibberish that pops up, the options are yes or no. If you click yes, the game closes. If you press no, the game freezes after the word "death" appears in the text box.

I'm not sure what is causing this or how to fix it. I'm at a stump. I don't even know what the box says since it's still in gibberish!! Urgh!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    First things first, have you made sure that when you installed Togainu no Chi, your computer's System Unicode Locale was set to Japan? ^^

That gibberish is normally Japanese text, and if it isn't showing up as Japanese text, that means your computer isn't set up to play the game (or other Japanese Visual Novels) properly.

Japanese Locale Win 7 + Win 8

If it helps, you can try uninstalling the game first, then set the System Unicode Locale to Japanese, then reinstalling.

That might fix the error you have. If it doesn't, I have a save file right after the animated intro, but if you're experiencing random crashes like that, it might not help.

If you're interested, I have a super-simple step-by-step guide for how to properly install Togainu no Chi:
    Togainu no Chi step-by-step Install

Let us know how it goes!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hi, thanks for your reply! I re-did the steps and double checked my system locale. It didn't change it, but after adding the english patch the issue was resolved. The problem now is that the game crashes a lot, it does it right after the intro and I can't seem to save/load the game without the game crashing instantly. Do you know what may be causing it?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by HornyRobin View Post
    Hi, thanks for your reply! I re-did the steps and double checked my system locale. It didn't change it, but after adding the english patch the issue was resolved. The problem now is that the game crashes a lot, it does it right after the intro and I can't seem to save/load the game without the game crashing instantly. Do you know what may be causing it?
    Hmm... Would you be able to take some screenshots for me? ^^ Of any of the crashes if message boxes/windows appear, and of the folder where you installed Togainu no Chi. So a listing of all the files and their filesizes.

Also, would you be able to answer these questions?

- Where abouts did you install TnC on your computer? Desktop? "Default"? Somewhere else like a USB drive or memory card?
    - Which version of Windows are you using? Is it installed normally, or is it using a virtual machine, or even a virtual machine on an Apple computer?
    - Is your computer a laptop?
    - What is your graphics card?
    - How much harddrive space do you have?
    - How much computer memory (RAM) do you have?
    - Have you played other Visual Novels before on your computer?

Thanks!