aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

DRAMAtical Murder Install Problem -- Just... won't.

I have DMMD. I changed my system locale to Japanese before starting, put all the necessary files, cracks, patches and updates on my computer to run it. In fact, it does run. However, I can only get to the pop up screen in the setup where it gives the options "Install" or "Exit". Everything else is working perfectly fine, there's no issue with errors or DLL files or anything, but when I hit install, it just... doesn't. The computer whirs like it's going to install it (I don't have a more intelligent way to put that), but after a few seconds it just stops. Nothing happens, no error messages, no explanation. The window just disappears. I already scoured my files in case it somehow downloaded, I ran as administrator just in case, but -- nothing. Does anyone know what's going on or how to help?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    So you have all the files necessary to install DMMd, but it won't install at all?

All right, try this:

After you mount the ISO, browse the drive like you would a folder. Look for a folder called "product", and in there look for the file "setup.exe". Try running that.

Also try running that as an administrator, just in case. Let us know if anything happens! Also, are you able to take a screenshot of all your DMMd files for us? ^^ Where did you download DMMd?

Edit: To test to see if your ISO isn't defunct, try temporarily extracting the all install files from the ISO (But don't install from there). If you don't encounter any errors extracting all the files, then the ISO is working fine.
    Last edited by Kojichan; 01-09-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I admittedly didn't have the money at the time and installed through a torrent and Vuse. However, I'm ashamedly experienced with pirating (I don't do it anymore, but I've had the files forever and I moved computers) all of the normal files from a legit copy were there and installed the same way. It's on an ancient flash drive from forever ago, and I know the setup.exe you're talking about. Same thing-- the window for installing itself comes up, running as administrator or not, and when I hit install it should work. But it just doesn't react. Nothing seems to be wrong and I don't get why the game itself won't go. Notably, the files for the patch and the disc image file unconverted to ISO mount are the only things on the USB now -- I burned the ISO itself for the installer onto a disc, which helps it run. Without it, the file just saved in my computer kinda... terminates itself.

These are the images from the files on the disc and the startup I can get to. When I hit install, it just doesn't do anything.

dmmd general.pngproduct folder.pngdmmd window.png

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

So the Setup program in the product folder doesn't load at all? Hmm...

I know sometimes the ISO's for the game can be fickle when you mount them. I had to try both Daemon Tools Lite and Virtual CloneDrive before mine started. Some computers just have issues running the setup program itself (Because of InstallShield, which is the name of the program that runs the setup).

Mind you, I've also seen when the setup program doesn't work because the ISO was faulty (That's why I asked where you got it. XD), or the ISO Mounting program is being a butthead. (But you said you burnt the ISO to a disc, so we can't blame the mounting program here).

Have you used the ISO to install DMMd before, or is this the first time you're using it?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

This is the first time I've actually used the ISO. I wanted to see if it would run once on a friend's computer for funsies (which does not have a disc drive), and when "the program has terminated itself in an unusual way, contact the software developer" popped up, I assumed it had to do with not running it on the disc (when I had the ISO on my flash drive, I already knew that makes it finicky and it still does). It's a really recent laptop that's basically a tablet with a keyboard, so I didn't expect much, especially considering all the settings weren't optimal for dmmd. However, now I'm wondering if there is a problem with the original disc image file, since I pirated it and the install window only comes up on a disc? It's really weird how it only works that way -- or maybe it's the converter from disc image to ISO I used. Do you think either of those could be the problem?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

It's very possible. It wouldn't be the first time I've heard/solved issues with bad ISO's, or even converted ISO's before. Some people's ISP's throttle their downloads and cause errors, or outright fail to finish downloading even though it looks complete.

Just to be on the safe side, here is a link for you to try a new download:
    https://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f145/...ml#post3980605

Use the MEGA link listed on that page to try a new ISO. Also, download and install Virtual CloneDrive:
    https://www.redfox.bz/en/download.html
    (Scroll down to FREEWARE and click on the blue download button beside "Virtual CloneDrive".)

VCD allows you to just double-click on an ISO, IMG, or other "image" of a DVD and mount it automatically.

I hope this new ISO works for you!