aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

DMMD:reconnect text not showing up?

I'm running Windows 10. I've previously played the original DMMD and part of reconnect on Windows 8 with no issue. I've recently re-downloaded and installed everything to finish it up. Everything works fine, including the fact that when I load it up Virus and Trip's little pixels that say stuff when you hover over them have their text appearing, as per normal.

But no matter what route I click on, the speech bubbles that should have speech/thought are completely blank, even though everything else is running correctly.

Any idea what the heck is up? :s

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Have you tried anyone else's routes since the installation of Windows 10? Try going back to Kojaku or Mink or whomever else and try them.

Usually when there's no text showing up like that, it's because a font is missing. This is usually because it isn't installed by default. I think DMMdrc uses MS Gothic (Like most VNs I've seen).

You can check by typing into the Cortana search: "fonts" and clicking on the Windows Fonts folder. From there you can search that folder for "MS Gothic Regular".

If that font is missing, make sure your system locale is set to Japanese, as this sometimes installs the default fonts for you.

If THAT doesn't work, you can always try going to "Settings > Time & language > Region & language" and in the panel click on "Add a language", and select Japanese.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I tried Koujaku's, Clear's and Noiz's.

I'll check out the fonts and try the 'add a language' deal when I get off work. Thanks for the potential fixes! I'll let you know tonight if they work out.

[EDIT]
    It was the font! God, that was such an easy fix I'm mad I didn't realize it sooner. Thank you so much.
    Last edited by Bangles; 11-27-2015 at 10:42 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    It's fine! This kind of error is actually not the most obvious, especially if you don't know that not having a font causes that problem. A bit of trial and error to diagnose, but glad you got it to work! Enjoy!