aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Did you install Togainu no Chi first? Sys locale at JP?

If problems persist, Repair your Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Distributable.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiHasselhoff View Post
    So, I tried downloading the no-DVD files. I extracted them and tried to run them, and I got this Runtime error. Any advice?
    Attachment 170999

And yes, I am running Windows 10.
    Hello NikkiHasselhoff!

Actually, the NoDVD version of the game is just the executable. You need to install Togainu no Chi FIRST, then put the NoDVD EXE into the folder where TnC was installed. ^^

Don't forget you need to set your Unicode System Locale (Not the regular System location, but Unicode System Locale) to Japanese, then install TnC, but NOT in the default location. Create a new folder in C:\ called "Games" and install it there.

It'll look like this afterwards:
    C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\咎狗の血\

THAT's where you put the NoDVD EXE. ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I had the game installed and had my locale set. I put the Windows 10 application in the Nitro+CHIRAL file, and it's working beautifully~.
    Thank you so much for your help! *Goes on a Togainu no Binge-quest.*

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Thanks you all so much for the help, i update to window 10 this year and most of the games could not play, sob sob

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

mounting

sorry i'm a bit late to the party, but i'm still a bit confused, not too good with tech. windows 10 has a built in mount function right? and which one do i click to install? and is togainu no chi that small, dmmd took a couple gbs but the torrent for tnc is like 600mb or so?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by psych0 View Post
    sorry i'm a bit late to the party, but i'm still a bit confused, not too good with tech. windows 10 has a built in mount function right? and which one do i click to install? and is togainu no chi that small, dmmd took a couple gbs but the torrent for tnc is like 600mb or so?
    Hello psych0! ^^

Yup, Togainu no Chi is about a 600mb ISO. It was released in 2005, 8 years prior to DRAMAtical Murder.

And, yes! Windows 10 does have an ISO/IMG mounting ability. You might need to turn on "Show/Hide file name extensions", though to see which file is what. Super easy. In any folder, click on the "View" tab, the on the right-hand side at the top of the window look for a checkbox that says "File name extensions". Click it.

Now you should be able to right-click on the TnC ISO/IMG and select "Mount" at the top of the window that pops up. If that doesn't show up, you may need a mounting software like Virtual CloneDrive or something else.

Either way, after the ISO is mounted, you should be able to just double-click/open the "CD drive" and a window will pop up. There you can install the game.

Though, because TnC is such an old game, I implore you to NOT install the game in the default location! TnC makes save files in the same directory it was installed to, and if it's installed into the default location (C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\咎狗の血\ ) the game won't work properly. Create a different directory somewhere on your computer, like C:\Games\ and install TnC there. It'll also make it easier to patch the English patch.

Once that's done you can run the English patches, then download and place the NoCD program and be good to go! ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

thank you! you've saved me from heaps of trouble haha

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Help

I'm years late to this but I've really been wanting to play NitroChiralplus games after playing DRAMAtical Murder years ago. I've tried following this thread but I'm having issues getting Togainu no Chi to install.
    Whenever I mount the iso file and open up the installer menu, whenever I click "Game Install", the window simply closes. I'm not sure how to get the game installer to actually run. It might have a tie to the direct x download but I'm not certain. I've tried downloading all the direct x 9 installers provided previously in the thread.

UPDATE: I downloaded the files through another thread and the game installed this time. Everything is working properly now. I had originally downloaded the game files from erogedownload and I'm guessing they might've been defunct.
    Last edited by Mewmoon; 06-10-2020 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Issue Resolved

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12