aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphitrite View Post
    Ohhh, haha. My bad XD

Alrighty, is there a way that I can send them to you? (I THINK I know what folder you're talking about)
    The folder that Lamento was installed to, there is another folder called "save". Just zip that up.

As for sending it to me... Well, anything works. Google Drive share link, Dropbox share link, 4Shared, MEGA, MediaFire, or even Email.

If you choose email, I'll PM mine to you.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    The folder that Lamento was installed to, there is another folder called "save". Just zip that up.

As for sending it to me... Well, anything works. Google Drive share link, Dropbox share link, 4Shared, MEGA, MediaFire, or even Email.

If you choose email, I'll PM mine to you.
    Email would be the easiest I've zipped the files too

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Thank you!! PM Sent!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello all, I apologize in advance if this problem has already been mentioned somewhere but I didn't find it and so I decided to ask for help. Since I didn't know where to ask and because I didn't want to create yet another thread, I decided to post it here since the problem appeared after I saved my game.

The game has been working perfectly for me since weeks, be it saving it, loading it or playing it. But today, after saving my game before continuing, the game seems to freeze whenever I choose a choice. I tried restarting my computer, loading several saves, starting the game from the beginning or re-installing the game but it's always the same: the choice is selected but the dialogue box doesn't appear.

The game isn't installed in the default folder but in another location (under "My Documents")

I once again apologize if I didn't search thoroughly and this problem has already been mentioned. I also apologize for the inconvenience and for my English.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Pictus; 09-16-2015 at 04:12 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Pictus View Post
    Hello all, I apologize in advance if this problem has already been mentioned somewhere but I didn't find it and so I decided to ask for help. Since I didn't know where to ask and because I didn't want to create yet another thread, I decided to post it here since the problem appeared after I saved my game.

The game has been working perfectly for me since weeks, be it saving it, loading it or playing it. But today, after saving my game before continuing, the game seems to freeze whenever I choose a choice. I tried restarting my computer, loading several saves, starting the game from the beginning or re-installing the game but it's always the same: the choice is selected but the dialogue box doesn't appear.

The game isn't installed in the default folder but in another location (under "My Documents")

I once again apologize if I didn't search thoroughly and this problem has already been mentioned. I also apologize for the inconvenience and for my English.

Thank you in advance.
    Hello Pictus!

Normally it's not a good idea to install games into your My Documents folder, as there could be problems. I can't say if your problem is exactly this, but it could be a combination of things. Moreover, Microsoft just recently (Within the last 2 weeks) released a Windows Update for Win 7, 8 and 10 that forces programs that never originally needed Administration rights to now require them. (Steam is also affected by this, as I just found out moments ago myself)

So, it might have been that update that stopped letting Lamento work from your My Documents folder.

A good idea, is to create a new folder on drive C:, like C:\Games\ and install your games there.

If you do go that route, make sure to back up your save files first, by copying them somewhere safe, then once you finish uninstalling and reinstalling Lamento, you can safely put your saves back.

Though, Just in case, could you take a screenshot of your installation of Lamento, and let me know what version of Windows you are running? ^^;

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello Pictus!

Normally it's not a good idea to install games into your My Documents folder, as there could be problems. I can't say if your problem is exactly this, but it could be a combination of things. Moreover, Microsoft just recently (Within the last 2 weeks) released a Windows Update for Win 7, 8 and 10 that forces programs that never originally needed Administration rights to now require them. (Steam is also affected by this, as I just found out moments ago myself)

So, it might have been that update that stopped letting Lamento work from your My Documents folder.

A good idea, is to create a new folder on drive C:, like C:\Games\ and install your games there.

If you do go that route, make sure to back up your save files first, by copying them somewhere safe, then once you finish uninstalling and reinstalling Lamento, you can safely put your saves back.

Though, Just in case, could you take a screenshot of your installation of Lamento, and let me know what version of Windows you are running? ^^;
    Hello Kojichan, first thank you very much for taking your time to help me!
    It's the first time I heard it's not a good idea to place your games into "my Documents" since all my games work from there. I'll have to change their location into the C: drive. ^^'

I'm running on Windows 8.1 and here is the screenshot you asked for:
    Lamento1.png

I forgot to mention that even running the game as an administrator didn't help.
    I'll wait for your confirmation before relocating the game. Thank you also for reminding me about backing up my saves files!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Pictus View Post
    Hello Kojichan, first thank you very much for taking your time to help me!
    It's the first time I heard it's not a good idea to place your games into "my Documents" since all my games work from there. I'll have to change their location into the C: drive. ^^'

I'm running on Windows 8.1 and here is the screenshot you asked for:
    Lamento1.png

I forgot to mention that even running the game as an administrator didn't help.
    I'll wait for your confirmation before relocating the game. Thank you also for reminding me about backing up my saves files!
    Yeah, I understand about the My Documents thing, and it's actually more to do with possible conflicts such as... If there is more than one user on the computer, and someone installs it to their My Documents folder, then the other person won't have access to the files. Especially if you "Ran the installer as Administrator" but your actual account is just a regular user. Moreover, if Microsoft decide, with an update just like the recent Windows Update, to bump up the user rights to that folder to prevent Viruses or Spyware from running, then that possibility exists.

Then again, it's most likely my own personal experience from some games acting up while in that folder. ^^;; Well, take it how you will.

---

Well, the files seem all good. Here's a question... Have you recently changed your System Locale to anything besides Japanese?

I haven't gotten far enough in Lamento myself to know where that scene is, so I can't say if it's just that scene. But, if you have them, try loading an earlier scene with a different set of choices and see if those choices don't work afterwards either.

another option would be to temporarily remove the English patch (Move it to your desktop or something, don't just copy), then try that selection again. Most of the time, selection boxes like that load a new script into memory. So if the game progresses passed that point, even though the text is in Japanese, then it's possible something is wonky with the nss-patch file.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yeah, I understand about the My Documents thing, and it's actually more to do with possible conflicts such as... If there is more than one user on the computer, and someone installs it to their My Documents folder, then the other person won't have access to the files. Especially if you "Ran the installer as Administrator" but your actual account is just a regular user. Moreover, if Microsoft decide, with an update just like the recent Windows Update, to bump up the user rights to that folder to prevent Viruses or Spyware from running, then that possibility exists.

Then again, it's most likely my own personal experience from some games acting up while in that folder. ^^;; Well, take it how you will.

---

Well, the files seem all good. Here's a question... Have you recently changed your System Locale to anything besides Japanese?

I haven't gotten far enough in Lamento myself to know where that scene is, so I can't say if it's just that scene. But, if you have them, try loading an earlier scene with a different set of choices and see if those choices don't work afterwards either.

another option would be to temporarily remove the English patch (Move it to your desktop or something, don't just copy), then try that selection again. Most of the time, selection boxes like that load a new script into memory. So if the game progresses passed that point, even though the text is in Japanese, then it's possible something is wonky with the nss-patch file.

Well, I re-installed the game on my C: drive but the problem persists. I didn't change my System Locale since 2 months I think (it has been in Japanese since July) and choosing a choice I didn't take until now (be it from my save files or when starting the game anew) doesn't solve the problem either. I tried loading other scenes, running the game as administrator or even removing the English patch, but the problem still won't go away.
    I wonder what it can be since the game has been running smoothly for 2 weeks before I saved my game at my current progress

As always, thank you for your help Kojichan!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

I know this seems a nobrainer, but beyond this, I honestly don't know... Have you tried loading a save from a while ago, making the same choices to get to the current point, and seeing if that did anything?

... I honestly don't know at this point.

According to the English translation guide, there is a list of common glitches... Here are a few that caught my interest:

Game won't progress- Very rarely, the game may not progress. This happens right after a choice is picked- the screen will gray out and the game will not respond to any clicking. Usually, this is solved by closing the game and restarting it after an hour or so, but in the case that this still won't progress the game, it is recommended to make multiple save files as a preventive measure.
    (Obviously your game isn't grey, but it is worth mentioning that it can happen)

And... (Because the scene you've shown looks like a crowded area, it might be the scene in question...)

Scene with choices "Feel Rai's presence/ feel Asato's presence": The choices may not actually appear, but the game isn't frozen (music plays, menus can be pulled up and exited out of). The only known fix is to switch *to* japanese locale if English is already running, or to switch to English and then back if Japanese is already running.
    Maybe try switching to English locale then back to Japanese and trying again?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I know this seems a nobrainer, but beyond this, I honestly don't know... Have you tried loading a save from a while ago, making the same choices to get to the current point, and seeing if that did anything?

... I honestly don't know at this point.

According to the English translation guide, there is a list of common glitches... Here are a few that caught my interest:

(Obviously your game isn't grey, but it is worth mentioning that it can happen)

And... (Because the scene you've shown looks like a crowded area, it might be the scene in question...)

Maybe try switching to English locale then back to Japanese and trying again?
    Thank you Kojichan! I changed my locale to English and back to Japanese and the problem disappeared like magic! Why didn't I try that at first? I was so lost without you. Thank you again!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast