aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

A really (?) unknown problem with Lamento-Beyond the Void

Ok, I searched everywhere for a post with a similar problem to mine, so that I wouldn´t be asking something that is already resolved.

By the way, I have Windows 7 Professional 32 bits. I downloaded the game from here:
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f153/t...ml#post4063377
    And the LmtDVDVer200 patch was downloaded from here:
    http://www.nitroplus.co.jp/support/p...1107282141.php

The thing is that I installed Lamento-Beyond the Void, patched it correctly and everything was working perfectly fine. But everything went wrong when I patched the game to English. I tried to open the game, but it closed just like before being patched with the LmtDVDVer103 and LmtDVDVer200 patches. I thought that after being patched to English, the last patch was erased, so I patched it again. Good, it was working again. I started a new file, and the moment when the song of begginings started to appear on the screen, it said "invalid", and in the next line "invalid" again. I knew that "invalid" wasn´t what the song stated, but I thought: "Hey, maybe the song wasn´t translated with the game". When i reached the part where Konoe starts talking, everything seemed fine because the text was in English! (Yay!) Then I reached the first decision of the game and tried to save before, but when I chose a slot to save, it says "invalid" again. That´s when I noticed that my game must be damaged or something. I checked the tutorials in youtube about the game and checked that everything was the same, but noticed some differences.

Firstly, when I patch the game with the LmtDVDVer200 patch, it creates a cg1.npa archive with 14808 KB. When I checked the tutorials, it wasn´t there.

Secondly, when I cut the Lamento-Beyond the Void.exe (784 KB) from the download files and paste it in the root folder, replacing the Lamento-Beyond the Void.exe (1584 KB), the game doesn´t open, as if it wasn´t patched. What I do, is that I run the LmtDVDVer200 patch again, and it works again.

Thirdly, when I patch the game to english, the Lamento-Beyond the Void.exe archive becomes the 784 KB one, and the game doesn´t open again. So I run the LmtDVDVer200 patch again.

There must be something wrong that I am doing, but for the life of me, I can´t seem to be able to find what that is. Can you please help me? Thank you!

(I tried to be super specific, hope that helps n.nU)
    Last edited by SillyBlue; 05-04-2014 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Added hyperlinks

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(S085) Joshua GallandPOTM - 1 Star(S084) Coyote
    Star 1 (Yellow)(S089) Ogasawara Jirou(S088) Hirano Taiga
    Kazuki (L7)Rei (L7)Star 1 (Silver)

@SillyBlue; you were really specific in your descriptions, which helps a lot!!

Concerning the invalid problem, I think it was stated in one of the txt documents of instructions or somewhere. I actually had a similar problem, and it was fixed by doing a clean install, meaning you un-install the whole game, and re-install it again. The patches are really confusing, and tbh, I don't really know what the difference between them are myself... The one thing that you need to make sure of, is to patch the game before applying the English patch, and the text should show in English, and not as Invalid. Another thing is, you can't re-patch the English patch, or it will show that Invalid problem. Not sure about it, but I think that should solve the remaining problems that comes after that~

Hope this helps~

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you! Actually, I did just that and didn't run the LmtDVDVer200 patch and the game worked properly -3-U Guess I was patching the original files too much and it caused the invalid glitch. Thanks for the really quick answer. I'll leave here the link to download the LmtDVDVer200 from the nitroplus webpage for those who really need it nun

LmtDVDVer200 patch here:
    ?DVD??????Windows Vista??????????????????? ????????????????????? Nitroplus

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(S085) Joshua GallandPOTM - 1 Star(S084) Coyote
    Star 1 (Yellow)(S089) Ogasawara Jirou(S088) Hirano Taiga
    Kazuki (L7)Rei (L7)Star 1 (Silver)

Haha, you're welcome Dear~ And glad it worked!!

Thank you for the update~

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Tetsuo (L1)

link english patch lamento

Hi!
    I start playing lamento a few days ago but I have a partial english patch so I can't anymore because it's in japanese!... I'm very sad so I want to know if your link it's a complet patch.
    And must I remove the partial patch before putting a complet patch??
    I need advise, please help me!!
    Thanks.

(sorry for my bad english, I'm french!!... )

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello kiraraa!

Your English is perfectly fine. ^_^ In fact, it's very good.

As for a full English patch... I don't believe one is finished yet.

We do have a team working on it, which you can read about here in the first post:
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f16/t1...route-p90.html

They look to be done translating, but now they're adding the script to the game and making sure the game works. This can take a while for quality testing, but it's good to know they're working hard! Go cheer for them! ^_^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Tetsuo (L1)
    thank you very much for your reply!!
    And thank for the team who work hard for everyone!!

Serema98
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hello kiraraa!

Your English is perfectly fine. ^_^ In fact, it's very good.

As for a full English patch... I don't believe one is finished yet.

We do have a team working on it, which you can read about here in the first post:
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f16/t1...route-p90.html

They look to be done translating, but now they're adding the script to the game and making sure the game works. This can take a while for quality testing, but it's good to know they're working hard! Go cheer for them! ^_^
    Then, where I can see the update one or which link? My english patch is only 15% complete since the end of 2013...

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serema98 View Post
    Then, where I can see the update one or which link? My english patch is only 15% complete since the end of 2013...
    There is no complete patch available. They won't be releasing it until they're 100% done.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

The problem I had is solved.
    A friend got it to work for me
    Last edited by Badger05; 06-19-2015 at 01:34 AM.