aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Can't load game?

Whenever I want to load the game it gives me this error... I can play it just fine, but... The screenshot is like this:

Untitled.jpg

How can I fix it? I run it with the locale but... orz

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Shiki (L3)Charley (L8)Wing 1 (Left)
    Aoba (L12)Wing 1 (Right)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1DS_003_(3)topright
    Quote Originally Posted by akito989 View Post
    Whenever I want to load the game it gives me this error... I can play it just fine, but... The screenshot is like this:

Untitled.jpg

How can I fix it? I run it with the locale but... orz
    What game is that in the first place?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Whats the name of the game? You havent mentioned it clearly here, please show it here to us

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Sorry! I wrote it in the descriptive thing but it disappeared!

It's あかやあかしやあやかしの "Akaya Akashiya Ayakashino"! Sorry! ORZ

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    The error says that the save file has an ANSI character in the file when it needs to be UNICODE.
    It also says that it may be an invalid character, or that the data may be corrupted. (Generic "Cannot read file" error by the looks of it)

Is this game translated? I don't think so... How are you playing it? Are you using one of those script programs to pull the script as you play?

Also, could you explain anything you may have done to the save file/or not? If you haven't done anything to the save file, then try making a new save in a different save-spot and try loading it again. Let us know what happens.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thanks for the reply! But woah, that sounds complicated... I mainly just use the locale thing and that's it. D: So yeah, not translated or anything... I didn't do anything to the file either. It was full of errors before I used the locale so I was pretty scared to click almost everything... So yeah... orz I did reinstall it though! ...Well it was just extracting the files again. orz

I think I'll try the.. changing ANSI to UNICODE thing but... How do you do that? QAQ So sorry!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by akito989 View Post
    I think I'll try the.. changing ANSI to UNICODE thing but... How do you do that? QAQ So sorry!
    Ahh... you may not be able to. If you started the game in an English locale, then played and saved, then tried to play in the Japan locale and tried to load, it wouldn't work.

That save might be toasty. I'm not too certain what the file looks like, myself, but it may have something to do with the text that was displayed during the game being saved to the file. If you had the wrong locale loaded when the game was running, then saved, it may not be able to load it.

The saving process must not have a fail-safe to prevent ANSI codes from being written, and instead only the load has to confirm.

Then again, it may just be a Text file and opening it in a text editor like Notepad++ and saving in a UNICODE format might work. I can't say without seeing the file. I'm sorry.