aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Wineskin Issues [dmmd]

OK SO.

I'm brand new to this, hello everyone!

I've managed to get dmmd working ALMOST perfectly on my Macbook Pro using Wineskin. The only thing is, the animations won't work. When I view the window, it's frozen on whatever frame is the most recent - by navigating away (covering the game window with, say, my internet one), it'll 'update' to the next most recent frame when you go back to it, if that makes any sense at all.

Basically, the audio and game is actually moving forward, but the graphics don't.

What's interesting is that when I flick out on Exposé, the 'Desktop' thumbnail will have the game working perfectly! It's very annoying. Was wondering if anyone else had any experience with this kind of issue/wineskin in general? I can share my error logs if that'll be of any use to anyone.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hmm, I used wineskin at work once so I know of some similar problems you're experiencing.

Firstly, though, are you playing DMMd in Full-screen or Windowed mode?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Um, hi. I also experience OP's problems. I already tried playing DMMd in full-screen and in window modes, and also running it on a virtual desktop (as suggested here). I also tried installing codecs via winetricks but nothing seems to solve this problem. The same problem also happens with DMMd re:connect.

Has anybody found a kind of fix for this? Thank you.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Is the graphics driver in your Wineskin windows box up-to-date?

When I was using Wineskin at work, the problem for us was the way the game we were working on communicated with the Graphics Engine. We were using OpenGL for our engine, and I'm not sure if DMmd using OpenGL for it's graphics writes or DirectX.

It's possible that DMmd (and :re) are using some advanced graphics calls that your driver in Wineskin might not like.

Because Mac/Apple products usually use custom hardware for their products, Windows drivers are generally not easy to find/don't work too well. Windows 7 is rather good with finding generic drivers to make things work, but to tune things properly you will need to find the proper drivers. Flicking to Expose works, because the iOS is picking up the graphics calls at that point, not Wineskin.

Hmm, not too sure. I'm really sorry I don't have a more concrete answer...

--- I did just read that someone had to change their Winetricks graphics wrapper... Try this:

Blind guess, but have you tried running Winetricks ddr=gdi? When the DirectDraw Renderer is set to OpenGL (by default) some graphics cards, like my Nvidia 9400, show massive flickering with old Windows games. This started when Wine began implementing the DIB engine.
    (Wineskin.app -> Advanced -> Tools tab)... and choose the ddr=gdi option