aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ya so I re-installed the program using a video walk through this time
    same problem. I think it may be because of the torrent.
    Because it's in the same spot every time.

or the game hates me.

(I'm kinda leaning towards the second one)

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Which folder was TnC installed to?

Also, this may or may not help, but here is a screenshot of my installation. Check out the filesizes and compare with yours. (There's a chance that the torrent may have been bad to begin with, and the filesizes may be correct, but the files would be full of bloated garbage...)

togainu_no_chi_files.png

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Rai Lamento (L9)Miyuki Kazuya (L4)Natsume (L1)
    Lelouch (L8)Sawamura Eijun (L4)Akashi (L7)
    Flower 1 (Pink)Yashiro STWH (L9)Koujaku (L6)
    Hello! Also have the same problem It freezes when I load a save but also when I'm just going to the configurations to change something or anything else actually apart from just playing the game...

I've tried all the following solutions:

- Run in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3
    - Right click on the icon in the task bar
    - DE-Select the option that says to save a description with the game
    Sans titre 1.jpg
    - Open Task Manager then on the taskbar click the arrow to view hidden icons and hit customize

Please is there another solution I could try? This is killing me ;(

By the way I downloaded the game via Fuwanovel and I have Windows 8 64bits

Also here's a screenshot of my file :s
    Sans titre 2.jpg

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrisia View Post
    Hello! Also have the same problem It freezes when I load a save but also when I'm just going to the configurations to change something or anything else actually apart from just playing the game...

I've tried all the following solutions:

- Run in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3
    - Right click on the icon in the task bar
    - DE-Select the option that says to save a description with the game
    Sans titre 1.jpg
    - Open Task Manager then on the taskbar click the arrow to view hidden icons and hit customize

Please is there another solution I could try? This is killing me ;(

By the way I downloaded the game via Fuwanovel and I have Windows 8 64bits

Also here's a screenshot of my file :s
    Sans titre 2.jpg

Mhh, the Windows 8 "Unable to load" thing is picky, and there is no solid 100% of the time fix. BUT, if you do let it sit long enough, it will actually load. It's just slightly frozen. Some people can press "F" button a few times for fullscreen mode to pop in and out and it sometimes works. Sometimes people get the right-click thing to work.

Others have to bring up the task manager, select "End task", wait for the option to pop up asking if you want to end task, or wait, and let it wait. It sometimes pops back after that.

But one thing's for sure, leaving the game in your "My Library" folder might cause more issues as well. It's such an old and fickle game. Have you tried moving it out of your Library to some place else? I usually keep my games in C:\Games\

I'm sorry you're having this issue.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Rai Lamento (L9)Miyuki Kazuya (L4)Natsume (L1)
    Lelouch (L8)Sawamura Eijun (L4)Akashi (L7)
    Flower 1 (Pink)Yashiro STWH (L9)Koujaku (L6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Mhh, the Windows 8 "Unable to load" thing is picky, and there is no solid 100% of the time fix. BUT, if you do let it sit long enough, it will actually load. It's just slightly frozen. Some people can press "F" button a few times for fullscreen mode to pop in and out and it sometimes works. Sometimes people get the right-click thing to work.

Others have to bring up the task manager, select "End task", wait for the option to pop up asking if you want to end task, or wait, and let it wait. It sometimes pops back after that.

But one thing's for sure, leaving the game in your "My Library" folder might cause more issues as well. It's such an old and fickle game. Have you tried moving it out of your Library to some place else? I usually keep my games in C:\Games\

I'm sorry you're having this issue.
    I moved the game to C:\Togainu no Chi but it didn't really change anything I think...

But! This time I actually waited for about 15-20 minutes then went to end task and for once it didn't immediately shut down oO So clicked no and it works for now oO
    Though really 15 min everytime is quite long...

Anyway thanks for your help!!

EDIT:
    For some mysterious reasons, when I open another software (tried with Poladroid and Samsung Kies) it miraculously unfreezes
    So if anyone has the same issue Instead of waiting 15min like I did... kind of another solution to try? ^^'
    Last edited by Lyrisia; 12-02-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I think I got mine to work, maybe it will work for you.

I loaded the game I wanted and when it froze I right clicked the icon on my desktop and clicked run as administrator, my computer than asked me to okay it and I did and then the script caught up. Lets hope it keeps working.

Serema98
    Ok~ thx! @kojisan!
    Now i finished reading whole story routes... Whew~ The chara i liked the most is Nano... As for Shiki, i love the soldier ending LOL
    Unfortunately, is anybody knows Nano's real name? Or i'm missing something? I'm not sure myself

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(S021) RikiRiki (L9)Iason (L4)
    Katze (L4)Yuki Eiri (L9)Shuichi (L6)
    Kanda (L8)Dante (L9)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Nono! If I recall, that's correct. The game is still "Running", it's just the script hasn't caught up yet. You'll still get the "Want to Close" message, so hit "NO", then bring the game back up. Wait for a small bit, and it'll start working properly.

It's an issue with TnC and Windows 8, where the loading does this. It's kind of unavoidable, unfortunately. Let me see if I can find the original post of the person who figured out this fix...

Found some other solutions in other topics!

I have 8.1 and was having this issue and it works fine now! The right click on the preview image worked instantly for me thank you so much!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Togainu no Chi game has freeze when i load the game

so in the end, there's no hoping for people who have windows 8 to load the game?? so the solve is, we should to stand by the computer or laptop when you wanna play the game.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Amatsuky View Post
    so in the end, there's no hoping for people who have windows 8 to load the game?? so the solve is, we should to stand by the computer or laptop when you wanna play the game.

There is hope, you just have to make sure of a few things.

1) Make sure you are using Windows 8.1 (or higher)

2) DO NOT install the game in the default location, create a new folder for it at C:\Games\ and install it there instead. (The game creates save data in the same folder it was installed to.)

3) Make sure your computer's System Locale is set to Japanese.

4) Try the above "loading tricks". It's a bit slow to load, but it does work.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast