aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Omerta~Chinmoku no Okite Will Not Start Up! Please help!

Hello, this is my first real time posting here, since I'm mostly a lurker. However, I am DESPERATE for help in getting Omerta~Chinmoku no Okite to start! I love BL games and I've been about 90% successful in getting most to work; however Omerta makes me want to pull my hair our.

Yes, I'm aware there was a thread way back with the same problem here: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...em-omerta.html. HOWEVER! My problem is not the same!

My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and Omerta installed fine, but when I go to start the program the little processing circle appears for a few seconds before disappearing... So I get nothing. It never starts.

I've thoroughly checked the link above and their problem seemed to stem from the program Bonjour Services blocking Omerta and eating up a ton of CPU... Only I don't have Bonjour Services. I've looked high and low for it but the program is no where on my system. Also there doesn't seem to be any one program using a lot of CPU according to my Task Manager. In fact I believe the person above said they could see Omerta running on the Task Manager, mine doesn't even do that!

I am seriously at my wits end with this thing, please, if anyone has any idea how to help I'd be so greatful. DDD:

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Alright I am necro-ing this thread because I am currently having this issue as well and I've seen a few other threads about it that haven't really gotten any decent replies. My situation is a little different - I had trouble installing Omerta on my computer initially having some common trouble and I was helped out by a kind member on the forums - and my game worked!

... Right up until my external harddrive crashed. Mind you, not the harddrive I had Omerta installed on. But ever since, the game essentially stopped reacting. I would double click the .exe and shortcut and the computer would start loading it up and then... nothing. Curious, I opened my taskmanager to see if it showed up as I launched it. And it did! For a second. Until it disappeared. So I did the obvious thing and tried to reboot my computer, reinstall the game a few times, use different links to install... Nothing. No reaction what so ever save for those few seconds. Not even an error message. And it's only Omerta that has been affected by this.

So I'm really wondering if there's anyone out there who has any idea as to why this might be happening, that would be a fantastic help to me and others who seem to be having this exact issue. *-*

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJashinist View Post
    Alright I am necro-ing this thread because I am currently having this issue as well and I've seen a few other threads about it that haven't really gotten any decent replies. My situation is a little different - I had trouble installing Omerta on my computer initially having some common trouble and I was helped out by a kind member on the forums - and my game worked!

... Right up until my external harddrive crashed. Mind you, not the harddrive I had Omerta installed on. But ever since, the game essentially stopped reacting. I would double click the .exe and shortcut and the computer would start loading it up and then... nothing. Curious, I opened my taskmanager to see if it showed up as I launched it. And it did! For a second. Until it disappeared. So I did the obvious thing and tried to reboot my computer, reinstall the game a few times, use different links to install... Nothing. No reaction what so ever save for those few seconds. Not even an error message. And it's only Omerta that has been affected by this.

So I'm really wondering if there's anyone out there who has any idea as to why this might be happening, that would be a fantastic help to me and others who seem to be having this exact issue. *-*

Wow, now that is a special issue. o.o The most I can think of, is that Omerta uses the ALSig anti-piracy thingy. And what it does is takes a virtual "Snapshot" of your computer's hardware (Including harddrives and CD drives and stuff), and creates a license "signature" that ties to your computer.

If your HD died, then the signature might change if it's no longer there/been replaced.

When you reinstalled Omerta, did you do the AL sign thingy part again as well?

Also, have you installed any antivirus programs or running it with anything like AGTH?
    Last edited by Kojichan; 05-10-2017 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Thingies!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Wow, now that is a special issue. o.o The most I can think of, is that Omerta uses the ALSig anti-piracy thingy. And what it does is takes a virtual "Snapshot" of your computer's hardware (Including harddrives and CD drives and stuff), and creates a license "signature" that ties to your computer.

If your HD died, then the signature might change if it's no longer there/been replaced.

When you reinstalled Omerta, did you do the AL sign thingy part again as well?

Also, have you installed any antivirus programs or running it with anything like AGTH?
    Initially I let the alsign be as it was before - I mean it was there and in place and unharmed so I figured why not? When it didn't work, I deleted the old files and redid the alsign process along with reinstalling - I even tried using different links for the patch in case a file was corrupt or somehow broken. I haven't used AGTH or anything other than VNR before the issue, and I have no memory of installing any antivirus programs and as far as I can see I only have Windows Defender for that. I really have no idea what's the issue since I haven't gotten a single error message; I don't even know if the crash was the catalyst for the game to start responding for certain.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

You know, for poops and giggles I decided to open my Omerta, too.

And it's not working either.

Did you update Windows recently? (Or were forced to, thanks to Windows 10?)

...And, my legit copy of Omega Vampire (same developer/publisher) is also not working. Hmm...

EDIT: After a reboot, I finally got Omega Vampire working. However, Virtual Clone Drive isn't enough to run Omerta, and the newer Daemon Tools Lite has some weird adverts that I really can't handle even in a free program...

For me, it turned out to be a system reboot to fix. But you've clearly done that.

Which ISO mounting program are you using?

Moreover, have you tried the Troubleshooting Wizard (In the one in a million chance that thing will actually be useful)?

.... Moreover, random question... But is your System Unicode Locale still set to Japanese? o.o

And you've re-installed Omerta using the "Single User" (Bottom button when it shows you your Windows Username) option, not the "All users" (top) option?

... And mine just refuses to work at all now. ALSign doesn't want to work any longer. XP Pfft, figures. Though I do wonder if it was a recent Windows Update....
    Last edited by Kojichan; 05-11-2017 at 08:54 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    You know, for poops and giggles I decided to open my Omerta, too.

And it's not working either.

Did you update Windows recently? (Or were forced to, thanks to Windows 10?)

...And, my legit copy of Omega Vampire (same developer/publisher) is also not working. Hmm...

EDIT: After a reboot, I finally got Omega Vampire working. However, Virtual Clone Drive isn't enough to run Omerta, and the newer Daemon Tools Lite has some weird adverts that I really can't handle even in a free program...

For me, it turned out to be a system reboot to fix. But you've clearly done that.

Which ISO mounting program are you using?

Moreover, have you tried the Troubleshooting Wizard (In the one in a million chance that thing will actually be useful)?

.... Moreover, random question... But is your System Unicode Locale still set to Japanese? o.o

And you've re-installed Omerta using the "Single User" (Bottom button when it shows you your Windows Username) option, not the "All users" (top) option?

... And mine just refuses to work at all now. ALSign doesn't want to work any longer. XP Pfft, figures. Though I do wonder if it was a recent Windows Update....
    You might be onto something there. This happened a while ago, not very recently - I kept trying to fix it every now and then but it was just so draining >-<. And before that I hadn't played for a little while. It might've even been around the time I upgraded to Windows 10 (damnit).

This time I finally decided to go visit the forums since I hadn't found anything about this issue that had been resolved. The version I'm currently using (or trying to) I picked up on a different forum, and it actually doesn't require any mounting unlike the first version I used so that can't be the issue. But I WAS using Daemon tools Lite.

My system unicode locale is definitely still set to Japan/Japanese and I can play other visual novels (CAGE -OPEN- still works perfectly as I run it via VNR for example). I tried doing some tests for compatibility with older systems via troubleshooting (not sure if it translates properly here) but it didn't work either. And yes, I've tried installing the game using both the single user and all users options ^-^. This is really odd to me.
    Last edited by EvilJashinist; 05-12-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

I'm terribly sorry. I've run out of ideas at this point. The most I can think of is deleting the SETTEC folder in your documents, deleting the Alphadisc Log, and deleting the ALSign folder in /ProgramData/ to try and flush any of signature stuff.

But, I'm having issues running ISO games now myself, since my older copy of Daemon Tools Lite deleted itself on purpose to force me to upgrade (in which the newer one doesn't work, either way), so I'm going to maybe try a new ISO program. It's been a while since I tried Alcohol 120%. Maybe it'll work?