aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 54 of 70 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Fan
    Savings

(S021) RikiAsano Katsuya (L9)Kadaj (L8)
    Akira TnC (L9)Squall (L6)Seishirou (L2)
    Takuto (L5)Testament (L8)Rufus (L7)
    You use the AGTH shortcut to load the game. Your target will look something like this:

"C:\Program Files\AGTH\agth.exe" /c "C:\Program Files\game's folder\game.exe"

Yaoi Amateur
    In Raccoon City, fighting teh zombies! (and failing at it big time T-T)
    Savings

Vash the Stampede (L1)Katsuya (L10)America (L5)
    Leon (L2)Yugi (L2)(S004) Taki
    (S006) KlausTimcanpyIgnis Scientia (L9)
    I'll try it again. I think it looked like that. But I'm blonde so you never know :P

EDIT: Ok I did that and my icon changed from the game to an Atlas pic and when I dbl click it, it just brings up the atlas tool bar on the top of the screen.

Any ideas?

And I can't seem to have the game 'target' show up as a C:\ drive only F:\ is that the prob?
    Last edited by Sc00byD00315; 07-21-2009 at 09:30 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Okay. I downloaded the agth file from this website
    When I had de-zipped the file and clicked on it, there are two items in the folder. One is the anime text hooker, the exe file and the other is a dll file. I double clicked on the text hooker and I get a blank program. It says agth
    v2008.11.20 at the top, with options and help. There is a drop down menu underneath which is blank and has nothing in it. I put in the target of the game as:
    C:\Users\Denise\Downloads\agth\agth.exe /C "C:\Users\Denise\Videos\[aarinfantasy] Sukisyo GAME\Sukisho 2 - Target Nights [Platinum Label]\SUKISYO2.EXE" /X3 /V /KF1:200

The extras were added as per an installation website, because The original instructions didn't work. It still doesnt btw.

I personally think its the agth file thats the problem and if someone has a different one I can download, that would be brill

Soz for this

Rie
    xx

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kalariona View Post

I personally think its the agth file thats the problem and if someone has a different one I can download, that would be brill

Soz for this

Rie
    xx
    I downloaded the agth file from I believe pg 32 and it was from megaupload. I cant get it to work on the game yet but I tried it out on other things and it works fine for me. Hope it kinda helps you

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ok I did that and my icon changed from the game to an Atlas pic and when I dbl click it, it just brings up the atlas tool bar on the top of the screen.

Any ideas?

And I can't seem to have the game 'target' show up as a C:\ drive only F:\ is that the prob?

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Sc00byD00315 & Kalariona
    First, delete any shortcuts you made. We're starting over. Open NotePad (do not use MS Word; the quotation marks will be screwed up).

Before we do anything, you need to get the exact location of agth.exe and game.exe. If these aren't correct, then AGTH will not hook the game and if AGTH doesn't hook the game, no text will be sent to the clipboard meaning Atlas won't have anything to translate.

Open the folder that has agth.exe and agth.dll. Right click on agth.exe -> Properties. To the right of LOCATION should be an address. Mine is: C:\Program Files\AGTH . Now highlight all of that with your mouse, right click, copy. Go back to NotePad and paste it

We’re not done though. You’ll notice that the filename (agth.exe) is missing, so how would the computer know you’re looking for agth.exe? It doesn’t, so we need to add the file name (agth.exe) to our address. Go ahead and type that onto the address you pasted into NotePad. The full location for AGTH on my computer is: C:\Program Files\AGTH\agth.exe

Do the same thing for your game. We'll use Messiah (published by Core) as an example: C:\Program Files\Core\Messiah

Add on the file name of the game (in this case it's messiah.exe). The full location for Messiah on my computer is: C:\Program Files\Core\Messiah\messiah.exe

You should now have two lines in NotePad. Mine are:

C:\Program Files\AGTH\agth.exe

C:\Program Files\Core\Messiah\messiah.exe

Go back to the folder that has agth.exe in it. Right click on agth.exe -> Send to -> Desktop (create shortcut). You should now have a shortcut to AGTH on your desktop. On that shortcut, right click -> Properties. In the textbox to the right of TARGET, fill in the information like this (make sure the quotes are in the correct places or it will NOT work):

"LOCATION OF AGTH" /c "LOCATION OF GAME"

So for Messiah, the target line would be:

"C:\Program Files\AGTH\agth.exe" /c "C:\Program Files\Core\Messiah\messiah.exe"

To make life easier, type this out in NotePad first and paste it into the target box. The target textbox so small it makes it hard to spot mistakes.

That is a basic AGTH target line (we'll make it more complicated later so ignore any special things like /h for now). Click okay.

No icons should change and your back slashes should be yen signs. If they're not yen signs then Windows is not set to Japanese and 99% of the time that means the game won't work. If you haven't installed the East Asian Language pack and set Windows to Japanese, check out my Togainu no Chi installation walkthrough. It has pictures. (And if you installed the game without Windows being in Japanese, that probably screwed up the game install).

Assuming Windows is ready to play Japanese games, double click on your AGTH shortcut. The game should load up, along with a white, horizontal window (AGTH). Once the actual game starts (not the menu or the intro movie), AGTH will show a list of threads in the drop down menu. You need to find the thread that matches the text in the game UNLESS your game requires a /w line (they look like /w41B85A). The /w command automatically selects the correct thread for you, but like I said, we’ll cover this later.

Now load Atlas. A horizontal strip will pop up. Click Quick Atlas. A little icon will appear in your system tray (the system tray is the area full of little icons next to your clock on the Start Bar). Right click on the Atlas icon and click on Automatic Clipboard Translation. Atlas should automatically grab the current line in the AGTH window. If not, Atlas will grab it the next time you click on the game to further the dialogue. When you're shuffling through the game's text threads, AGTH will not re-copy to the clipboard until the game progresses. If you load up Atlas before you’re into the game, it will automatically grab all the gibberish that shows up while the game loads. Not a problem, just mentioning it.

Of course, not all games are friendly and work correctly with just /c. Messiah needs /kf1:200 /ks3 . To find out if your game has special settings, you need to visit the BL Game AGTH Compatibility List. Messiah also requires setting the text speed of the game to max or AGTH grabs it too soon, but this guide is a general one so we're not covering it. Anyway, to get Messiah to work correctly with AGTH we need to adjust our target line.

On the AGTH shortcut: right click -> Properties. Our current target line reads:

"C:\Program Files\AGTH\agth.exe" /c "C:\Program Files\Core\Messiah\messiah.exe"

Now we need to add the special settings (/kf1:200 /ks3) between the two locations. Our new target is:

"C:\Program Files\AGTH\agth.exe" /kf1:200 /ks3 /c "C:\Program Files\Core\Messiah\messiah.exe"

Click okay. Now if you load up Messiah again and choose the correct thread from the drop down menu, AGTH will be grab the text that's on screen and Atlas will be butchering the game's script as only a non-human translator can.

Hopefully that helps.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

so far everything it great. With everything you wrote that must have taken awhile for you. I'm sorry for being kind of a dumbass.

I got just one last thing. I downloaded Boku no Kareshi wa Juliet and i checked it on the web you posted and its good to go. Now my game only has three files in the folder. CUE image file, an .img file and a .sub file. Only when I mound the .img the F:\.

Is there anyway to get it to be in the C:\? I tried copy and pasting the exe to the C:\ then I did the copy and pasting in the notepad. I got to dbl clicking on the Atlas symbol to play the game and this is what I got.

There is a box that says Atlmain then it has my game location in it followed but a bunch of ????????????? When I click ok it exits out of the whole thing. I dbl clicked on the exe that I pasted into the C:\ and it works fine.

I hope that your not mad at me for this.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Sc00byD00315
    Those are image files. Think of them as a digital version of a CD or DVD. When you load them into DaemonTools, it's like putting a CD in your computer. The game still needs to be installed and the "CD" still needs to be in your computer when you run the game (note that some BL games don't require the CD being in the drive to play). Using DaemonTools just tricks your computer into thinking there's a CD in the drive when it's really just a file(s) on your computer.

When you add a virtual drive to DaemonTools it picks the next letter in the alphabet. DaemonTools is making a fake CD/DVD drive. That is your "F" drive. When you install the game you need to choose to install it to your C drive (the default location will probably be C:\Program Files\Publisher's Name\Game's Name). Moving the game's files after it's installed makes it impossible for the game to find the files because they're not where you installed them, and that's where the game is looking for them.

You're mixing up Atlas and AGTH again. AGTH and Atlas are two different programs. AGTH finds the video game's script and copies it to the clipboard. Atlas is a translation program. It see's what's on your clipboard and automatically translates it for you.

Re-read my instructions and don't touch Atlas until you get to the paragraph that starts with "Now load Atlas."

Also, go to Start -> Control Panel -> Regional and Language Settings. Does your drop down menu say Japanese?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

WOW... See told you I was blonde, had the AGTH and Atlas mixed up.

Yes I changed it to jap and I have the icon in the bottom to change it when ever. I found another post where you up-ed a AGTH because I downloaded the one on the first page and the only thing that happened is there is a bar on the bottom of my internet pages written in some other lang. and it list maybe stock prices?

I don't know but anyway I dbl clicked the app in the file I downloaded from you and it just comes up an empty box. I when ahead and did the target stuff anyway and then it said it couldn't open the game.

EDIT: I finally got the game to open but nothing different happened. Still plays the game but with nothing in the ATLAS box

EDIT: Somehow I got it to work. Right as I was going to play I had to do house work T-T Anyway thanks for your help I gave you 2000 points for the help ^^
    Last edited by Sc00byD00315; 07-26-2009 at 01:55 PM.

whitechoco91
    Quote Originally Posted by neko0101 View Post
    Sorry but I'm comp illiterate. I can't open the AGTH RAR file. And also, how do you "add the location of the agth.exe file" to the target field? I'll be really grateful if someone could help. I just bought Hanamachi and Love Mission and I would like to be able to play it.
    i had the same problem..

btw..im sort of computer illiterate too..

can anyone help?
    i would really really appreciate it,,,and its the first time ive ever downloaded a game too,,, so im a total beginner,

thank you

Page 54 of 70 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast